CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
My vow of celibacy in this game will continue. Years of playing this game and I still haven't had sex with a single character, I just like the story so much.
Thats sound boring af if you ask me. Just because you enjoy the story doesnt mean there should have som romance here and there.

Also Triss ain't Triss without the buns.

Dec 22, 2017
Is there any headcanon/background as to why you chose the path of Celibacy? I'm curious now haha.
I've always seen him as a man so focused and mistrusting that he either can't tell if women are interested in him, or that he doesn't trust enough to go that far with them. Also that he sees Gloria as a daughter, which is why he tries so hard to save her.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
I've always seen him as a man so focused and mistrusting that he either can't tell if women are interested in him, or that he doesn't trust enough to go that far with them.
So he kinda forgort about Ellen being his fuck buddy and the threesome they used to have ? :Kappa:

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
I don't play him as someone that doesn't have sex, but he's currently so focused on his job that its not an option. And Ellen isn't included in my trust issues given how long he's known her.
No trust even in Katie? The doctor who always patches him up and takes very good care of him. To me she is the most trustworthy of all the girls in this VN.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I've always seen him as a man so focused and mistrusting that he either can't tell if women are interested in him, or that he doesn't trust enough to go that far with them. Also that he sees Gloria as a daughter, which is why he tries so hard to save her.
No doubt Jake belongs to the MGTOW movement: MC's Going Their Own Way.
It's a rewarding life choice in it's own way.

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
I don't play him as someone that doesn't have sex, but he's currently so focused on his job that its not an option. And Ellen isn't included in my trust issues given how long he's known her.
Before I read this post I wanted to joke that this chastity achievement should be provided with a bonus render, where Vic and Shanlon are hysterically laughing and putting some poor bastard in a chastity belt while Katie is watching terrified with her mouth wide open :WaitWhat:

But your explanation actually makes a sense. It's nice to read non-standard and seemingly weird views, which are based on logic and well substantiated. In real life a seasoned ex-military mercenary like Jake would most probably act as you said: survival and business first, broads next.

The only pertinent and reasonable exception for this logic to me is Katie with her scenes, which take place at night right before hitting the hay, backed up emotionally and feel like gratification for your efforts.

Reactions: ename144

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Before I read this post I wanted to joke that this chastity achievement should be provided with a bonus render, where Vic and Shanlon are hysterically laughing and putting some poor bastard in a chastity belt while Katie is watching terrified with her mouth wide open :WaitWhat:

But your explanation actually makes a sense. It's nice to read non-standard and seemingly weird views, which are based on logic and well substantiated. In real life a seasoned ex-military mercenary like Jake would most probably act as you said: survival and business first, broads next.

The only pertinent and reasonable exception for this logic to me is Katie with her scenes, which take place at night right before hitting the hay, backed up emotionally and feel like gratification for your efforts.
That Vic and shannon render is a great idea :KEK:
Doing chastity runs is cool tho,cause you can see how good the actual story is (unless we are talking about dating sims or pure romance games where it wouldn't make sense).

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
I adopted a similar approach: my MC loves to have sex with the women who aren't a danger (Chandra, Ellen, Katie…), but when a woman became a potential threat or to have sex can put in danger his job, he change completely attitude. In fact my Jake refused all the Victoria's proposal, except when he broke in her apartment, because he saw a way to manipulate her.

Reactions: beef-devourer
Jul 12, 2021
Tbh even as a very focused MC, Ellen makes sense as a sexual partner. They’ve been working together for a while and MC has left his wife so it’s not far fetched for them to become FWB and later start developing feelings for each other.

I was actually surprised we didn’t get any Ellen lewd scenes in the recent chapters despite being on her path unless you count that dream sequence with Gloria. That’s been my only gripe with chapters 8 and 9, the plot does move forward but it’s too focused on the Gloria plot line, not a lot of Victoria, barely any Chandra, although the extended Shanlon scene was nice.

• Love
Reactions: Aristos

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
although the extended Shanlon scene was nice.
If only this scene was really focused on Shanlon. In fact it's Teri's party: approx. 20% Shanlon and 80% Teri. Plus, the Shanlon part is easy to lose. *Sob sob* :HideThePain:

Philosophical question: who the hell demanded an extended lewd-scene with some new chick who was and would be almost irrelevant from the plot standpoint :WeSmart:

• Haha
Reactions: Anomander Cake
Jul 12, 2021
If only this scene was really focused on Shanlon. In fact it's Teri's party: approx. 20% Shanlon and 80% Teri. Plus, the Shanlon part is easy to lose. *Sob sob* :HideThePain:

Philosophical question: who the hell demanded an extended lewd-scene with some new chick who was and would be almost irrelevant from the plot standpoint :WeSmart:
Ikr, Teri isn't bad but depending on your choices you could end up getting a scene with just her while Shanlon gets pissed. And even if you don't fuck Shanlon you'll get info from her anyway, so while I'll never turn down more Shanlon, there's no reason we couldn't have gotten an Ellen scene since we did get a Katie quickie.

Speaking of irrelevant chicks don't be surprised if next update we get one with that grifter chick, I forgot her name lol- Sasha?

• Sad
Reactions: beef-devourer

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
That Vic and shannon render is a great idea :KEK:
Doing chastity runs is cool tho,cause you can see how good the actual story is
Sounds like living hell. As if a blue balls mod was put in the game, constantly preventing you from having a bit of fun. :cry:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
Speaking of irrelevant chicks don't be surprised if next update we get one with that grifter chick, I forgot her name lol- Sasha?
I've already come to terms with an anticipated scene with Sasha. Damn like if there is a lack of diversity in the current LI cast both main and secondary.

I would be fine with it, if the VN got developed by several devs not by a one man team. In the CoBD occasion tinkering with irrelevant chicks means that some other characters and subsplots will be underrepresented and underused including such the crucial ones like Katie and Ellen.

Reactions: AlienEDM
4.70 star(s) 417 Votes