The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
IDK about "badge of womanhood..." However...
I love the fur, personally. Just trim up the sides, ladies. Not into bikini spiders! haha:ROFLMAO:
A fresh shave or wax is awesome... until it turns into five o'clock shadow, stubble and worse!
Not into rubbing one out with Scotch-Brite or sand paper! Aaaaah!:eek:

Live long and prosper, Vin:alien:(y)
Let it all hang out, my friend, then dive into it. Heed my words and your life will change for the better.

Last edited:

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
I think we're all happy the wait is finally over and we can play Chapter 11. So now it's time to sum up my thoughts.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of the problems that bedeviled Chapter 9 have resurfaced. The sense of rising tension and ominous atmosphere take a back seat for most of the chapter, only resurfacing in the final scenes. In the meanwhile, the MC runs through a series of scenes that feel a little too much like opportunities for screen time for various ladies rather than plot points. Even at the end when the action picks up again, the events don't hit with the impact they probably should have.

The lewd scenes we get are gorgeous, but they're not especially memorable, possibly because it feels like the character insights that normally accompany such scenes are largely absent. This might also be exacerbated by some cut corners (or maybe outright glitches) in some of the various path branches. Several scenes would jump straight to the MC stripping after an innocuous seeming choice (even when he'd never done anything with that girl before), and there were a number of lines that seemed redundant or awkwardly phrased.

The combined result of this is that Chapter 11 feels too leisurely for most of its play time, only to feel too rushed at the end when the plot picks up again. It does check off a few important boxes and promises serious developments Chapter 12, but this installment is a little less than I was hoping for. We'll have to venture into spoilers to get more detailed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So that should do it. Sorry to be negative, but I hate to see the game sell itself short. Hopefully Chapter 12 will pick up where this left off and run with it.

tl;dr Chapter 11 has some fun (if familiar) character bits, but they drag the plot to a halt until the final minutes of the update.
I think the biggest issue with Sasha is that she was clearly intended to be a one and done back in episode 6 or whenever it was she was first encountered, and it was more interesting to have a gangbanger girl in the scene than another generic Mad Max dude. Which sure, fair enough. But then she got a stronger than expected fan reception and Philly apparently felt the need to shoehorn her back into the narrative despite her one plot purpose already being fulfilled.

So she ends up collecting dust in the basement for multiple episodes, popping out every so often to appease the people who demanded her continued presence. The entire sequence of letting her go felt tacked on; as you said, the MC could've visited Todd on his own at any point and Sasha's presence feels mostly like one last attempt to make her seem even a little relevant to ongoing events. The bit where she changes in front of the MC was more of the same tired teasing that wore out its welcome multiple episodes ago. Teasing isn't fun if it never gets beyond that.

I personally found it amusing that even after Philly dragged her screen time far past the character's breaking point, she still didn't get a lewd scene. Which unfortunately implies she'll be back around before we know it because the crowd wants what the crowd wants.

Aug 2, 2021
Let it all hang out, my friend, then dive into it. Heed my words and your life will change for the better.
Dive in is damn right!!! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: First time I ever went down on a girl she was furry and I had a mouthful of braces! Try that on for size! Aaaah!:eek: Fortunately, I have a tongue much like Gene Simmons of Kiss.:p It was also fortunate that she was a natural blonde and not especially hairy. That was a rather unique experience.

"Put some hair around it!" or "Maybe if it had some hair around it." were common quips in the old school days whenever one of us couldn't find something. Haha:ROFLMAO: I'm not Australian but I have always enjoyed exploring the bush down under! Hahahahahahaha:ROFLMAO:

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
ch12start10.jpg

Dev Update #120
And back to it! New release is out and I hope you guys are enjoying it! I dove back in on Wednesday so not a huge update today but that is okay.
First, I have started writing as well as outlining everything for chapter 12. Next, sitting at 45 renders done and also waiting on my first animation which decided it wanted to take a very long time to run...
I also had to get a new laptop for writing and post work since my old one is starting to kick the bucket (battery has ballooned twice on me which I just gave up on after the second round and now the monitor keeps cutting out). Doing a slow transition over just to make sure it all goes smoothly, but just knowing everything is ported over is a relief.
Next on the list, is the poll for the comic is now out to everyone in the Augment tier and up. I will create that Monday night, and Tuesday and hopefully get that out by Wednesday. Then, after that we will do the monthly customs poll, so I can get those to you guys before the month is up.
Gonna be a busy week :p
As always guys, stay awesome!
Philly

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
I'm really enjoying the game a lot. Currently, I just started chapter 5. Currently, my biggest critique is that the animations are too smooth in some parts. Don't get me wrong, I like the smooth animations. They really make the characters feel alive. But some animations are too smooth. Namely, the ones where slapping (or any fast movement) is involved. When the main character slaps a girl on the ass while he's fucking her, it barely looks like it would cause pain. Well...maybe not pain. I know that smacking a girl isn't necessarily done to inflict harm during sex (unless really rough sex is their kink). More of a jolt of surprise would be felt, ya know? But in any case, the "slaps" look too slow to be a slap: more of a tap if anything. If Philly isn't super busy or has some free time, I hope he revisits some of these old animations that involve fast movements and speed them up. Maybe make the movement in the frames farther apart. That would speed up the animation, right?

One quick question. Did Philly say how many chapters he's planning on making?

Reactions: VicelloBalthazar
Aug 2, 2021
View attachment 1712516

Dev Update #120
And back to it! New release is out and I hope you guys are enjoying it! I dove back in on Wednesday so not a huge update today but that is okay.
First, I have started writing as well as outlining everything for chapter 12. Next, sitting at 45 renders done and also waiting on my first animation which decided it wanted to take a very long time to run...
I also had to get a new laptop for writing and post work since my old one is starting to kick the bucket (battery has ballooned twice on me which I just gave up on after the second round and now the monitor keeps cutting out). Doing a slow transition over just to make sure it all goes smoothly, but just knowing everything is ported over is a relief.
Next on the list, is the poll for the comic is now out to everyone in the Augment tier and up. I will create that Monday night, and Tuesday and hopefully get that out by Wednesday. Then, after that we will do the monthly customs poll, so I can get those to you guys before the month is up.
Gonna be a busy week :p
As always guys, stay awesome!
Philly
Love Philly Games! Thank you Philly!!!
Gratitude to UncleVT for bringing the news.
Live long and prosper, Vin :alien: (y)

Reactions: UncleVT
Aug 2, 2021
That's how myths are often born. Just to say one, Han Solo was meant to be just a support for the first movien and Star Wars was supposed to be done with him.
Machete speaks truth! Rumors are cheap and usually based on lies and/or opinions.
Gracias Machete!
PS: Whether Sasha was intended as a "throw away" one appearance npc or not, I am certainly happy to have her. :cool:

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021
Ch 7 was approx. the halfway mark according to him.
So 14-15 chapters seems the most likely.
Thank you Aristos :cool:(y) Pretty sure you are correct with that estimate. Depraved Awakening, Philly's previous title, was measured in days rather than chapters, if memory serves. So, the book and chapter concept is new for City of Broken Dreamers. Book One, currently released on Steam, contains chapters 1-7 and as you indicated. I agree that was intended as the half way point in the story with a big cliff hanger of a battle right before the start of chapter 8. So, again, I have to agree with your estimate of 14-15 chapters in two books/releases.

If any of you reading are looking for something more from Philly while we patiently await chapters 12 and beyond, I highly recommend checking out Depraved Awakening. It's free here on f95zone.io
https://f95zone.to/threads/depraved-awakening-v1-0-phillygames.4907/
Remember to support Philly on patreon if you are financially able. I did so during the first year of development but have more recently had some financial issues that prevent that. Like many of the WIP games I enjoy here on f95, once they are released I purchase a copy on Steam. I did that with Dreams of Desire, Treasures of Nadia and a few others that saw a successful Steam release. I think it's only fair. But, I do enjoy getting free access during the WIP process because that has saved me from paying for dozens of titles that I tried and did not like at all! So, thanks f95:cool:(y)

Aug 2, 2021
Really? I must've been too busy staring at dat @$$!!! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:
You're not counting when we stuffed her panties in her coochie or BJ scenes, right?
Hell... you got me wondering now... going have to head back in and play all Shannon's scenes to see what's up with that. I can't remember any vaginal penetration scenes with Shannon at all. Stuffed her panties in her cooch, check. Multiple BJ and deep throat, check. Anal, check, double check, triple check! But, vaginal intercourse? I have no memory of that...

So, off I go to look. You have me curious.:cool:(y)

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Really? I must've been too busy staring at dat @$$!!! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:
You're not counting when we stuffed her panties in her coochie or BJ scenes, right?
Hell... you got me wondering now... going have to head back in and play all Shannon's scenes to see what's up with that. I can't remember any vaginal penetration scenes with Shannon at all. Stuffed her panties in her cooch, check. Multiple BJ and deep throat, check. Anal, check, double check, triple check! But, vaginal intercourse? I have no memory of that...

So, off I go to look. You have me curious.:cool:(y)
If you find it, let me know, I also don't recall anything but anal in terms of penetration. I thought we might get vaginal this last time when she spread her legs for MC and gave hi a nice clear view of her pussy, thought it was finally coming. Her pussy seems to be forbidden fruit at this point, not sure if it's just because she loves anal or what.

4.70 star(s) 420 Votes