proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Not sure if this was answered before but my game constantly crashes during animations. Every single update and only this game. My laptop is older but it is quad core with discrete GPU. Tried on my desktop which is 8 core with 2 980Tis in SLI with same result.
Any suggestion is appreciated.

• Wow
Reactions: VicelloBalthazar
Aug 2, 2021
A second, third... yeah... I generally plan on six full plays for a game of this scale. It was even more complicated for Deliverance, which I also enjoyed. I found all but two scenes on my own in Deliverance and only needed help to find one "?" scene in City of Broken Dreamers. But, it takes multiple plays to unlock all the options in this type of game because there are multiple endings. Any time you see multiple endings in the description of a game you will need more than one play. A game with two possible endings requires at least two plays. CoBD has quite a few possible endings and a lot of choices that have effect on the flow of the story. Play again, make different choices, shampoo, rinse, repeat. If that is not for you then you'll need a cheat mod. The multi mod for CoBD is linked in the OP, here...
https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-...hrough-cheat-mod-v1-11-0-ch-11-scrappy.30754/
You'll find a fan made cheat mod aka multi mod for most of these multiple ending games. I ran out of patience with Deliverance and installed the cheat mod to unlock the last two endings there. Also, as I said, I needed an assist for one "?" scene here in CoBD, details of that are on p732 of this thread. But, I always attempt to unlock all of the options on my own first, then get help for trouble spots if needed. I usually wait for my third play to break out a walk through. It's all part of playing these multi-end VN games.
It's all based on your choices, e.g., In the club, first scene with choices, you can go with Chandra, have sex in the alley and still go home with Ellen. However, it will affect your score with Ellen. Doesn't matter all that much at the time but too many choices like that and Ellen options close up later on. If you don't go to the alley with Chandra there are a couple of options in her later scenes that close. Those are just your first few choices in game.
What I recommend is...
...to always take all the Katie points offered. She doesn't get jealous of the other girls and has some wonderful scenes. In every play I end up with score and lust both at six or seven with Katie.... Ellen, Gloria, Sonja, Abby, Sasha, Venus, even Chandra (except in Ellen's play) also fall into that same category as Katie. Take all the points you can get with them every play. Take all the scenes/points/options available.
...to play the party scene at Gloria's dad's and Shanlon's place with each of the girls, Katie, Ellen and Victoria. Also, play all three options through the Pit, Plan A with Sonja, Plan B with Ellen and Plan C with Abby. Make sure to continue on afterwards because it's not just the options at the party that change with the choice of girl, what happens afterward changes as well.
...to make sure you are trying all of the options. That goes for scenes as well as the choices in game. Some of the scenes need to be played multiple times to unlock all of the possibilities. Those are the scenes that have two or more check marks under them. If there is a greyed out check mark below a scene in the gallery, there is another option for that scene. Certain options require certain scores. Things like having anal sex requires a certain score for most of the girls. There are other variables as well. There's more on that in the WT.
...to give Ellen her own play. What that means is you must avoid sex with Victoria at all cost. You can even disable the bug in this play, I leave it enabled otherwise to keep Victoria in play. There are bonus points with Ellen in later scenes if you do not have sex with Victoria. In that play, take Ellen to the Pit which is Plan B, a friendly face. Make a hard save before accepting the scene with the dancer at the Pit, cute little prom queen in pink. Once you unlock her scene you can reload your hard save and resume Ellen's path without loosing any points. You can still have relations with all the other girls except Victoria in that play. It's a good time to unlock scenes with Gloria, Sonja, Chandra, Abby, Venus... basically anyone but Victoria. You'll unlock a lot of options with many of the girls in this play.
...to give Victoria her own play. In fact, you may need two Victoria saves. The one where you become spellbound, enacting Victoria's plan (cutting your Gloria score in half) and another where you break the spell and still collect all the possible points and scenes with Victoria you can, say yes to all her scene options and take her to the party at Gloria's dad and Shanlon's place. These two plays should unlock all Victoria scenes. I have the feeling there will be two Victoria endings, the spellbound option and the Victoria joins the MC's side option. I just don't know if Victoria will end up betraying the MC or not. Still three or four chapters to go...
...to try different options like saying no to some of the girls here and there. You may get an option for a scene with someone else. If you are not sure then make a save before you choose. Personally, I have well over sixty pages of save for this game thus far. I should probably keep a notebook of which saves have what attributes but I end up just replaying and hitting ctrl aka control key bottom left of my kb to skip all the scenes I have seen. With default settings you will automatically stop at the choices. If you are following the WT then it will remind you what choices to make. I just tend to remember after multiple plays or back up a few frames using the page up key.
Anyway... that is about all I can think up right now. I hope it helps. :cool:(y)
Live long and prosper, Vin:alien:(y)
Had a few more thoughts as I reread my message...

In your Ellen centered play take her to the party as well as the Pit and pass on Chandra when she approaches you in the club. That is the only time you should pass on Chandra at the club. In fact, that is the only time you should ever pass on Chandra. Haha:LOL: Chandra is fun:cool:(y)

I neglected to mention high depravity vs low depravity plays. The WT shows you which responses increase MC's depravity level. High depravity opens up the options with Shanlon and Teri as well as the more kinky options with Victoria and Venus, maybe some others too. Both of your Victoria plays should be high depravity, +3 or more, maybe +5 or 6 on the high side. The game keeps track but never displays that info. The WT tells what choices increase depravity. It's up to you to keep track. Hell, just cuss out Meridith a few times and you're good most plays. haha:LOL: There are some other options too. I think it also may have an affect on anal options with some of the girls, not 100% sure on that though. Depravity does affect the BDSM aspects, they all have a minimum depravity requirement to unlock, like with Shanlon, Teri, Venus and Victoria... possibly Gloria as well. All of the hardcore scenes have depravity requirements. You want two or three points in depravity for your Ellen save but not too high. There may be a few options that require a lower depravity but I stopped doing no depravity plays. In general, the more hardcore the option, the more depravity you need. I did some no depravity plays through chapter 7, end of book one but have had a minimum of two depravity in all the other chapters. In Philly's previous game, Depraved Awakening, depravity was more of a factor and had more low/no depravity requirements. But, let it get too high in either game and it's one of the bad endings. There are evil endings in Philly games. There are happy endings as well, with some being happier than others.
Damn... this is some really good sh*t! Legal here... Anyway... that's about all I got for advice today. Hope you find some gold nuggets in there.

Aug 2, 2021
Not sure if this was answered before but my game constantly crashes during animations. Every single update and only this game. My laptop is older but it is quad core with discrete GPU. Tried on my desktop which is 8 core with 2 980Tis in SLI with same result.
Since you are able to run other similar games with no issue, then your DL may have been corrupted. You can always take a fresh DL of the game, then unpack and run it in a new file location, from a separate drive if available. If the issue persists then, IDK. Hopefully someone better equipped can chime in. That was my only wild idea here.
I get that same issue a lot with video DL. The images are all pixelated, boxy messes or totally blank screen. Sometimes they come through better with a second DL, other times it's a wash. However, I've never had a single issue with any Philly Games DL and have installed dozens of them. Always successful DL, installation and operation, 100%.
I run my Philly Games from a i7 mobile dual core in an HP Envy that's nearly a decade old. Damn thing only has 2 GB of dedicated vidram. Never any issues. It's that exceptional history that makes me suspect a corrupted DL. Hope that helps.

Reactions: proximus
Aug 2, 2021
Since you are able to run other similar games with no issue, then your DL may have been corrupted. You can always take a fresh DL of the game, then unpack and run it in a new file location, from a separate drive if available. If the issue persists then, IDK. Hopefully someone better equipped can chime in. That was my only wild idea here.
I get that same issue a lot with video DL. The images are all pixelated, boxy messes or totally blank screen. Sometimes they come through better with a second DL, other times it's a wash. However, I've never had a single issue with any Philly Games DL and have installed dozens of them. Always successful DL, installation and operation, 100%.
I run my Philly Games from a i7 mobile dual core in an HP Envy that's nearly a decade old. Damn thing only has 2 GB of dedicated vidram. Never any issues. It's that exceptional history that makes me suspect a corrupted DL. Hope that helps.
PS: I use MEGA whenever available. I even pay the five pounds a month because I use them so often. They have the best DL speed and consistency. For the Free DL sites, Pixeldrain is my favorite, WorkUpload is good too. Both offer the fastest, most reliable DL of all the free options.
Make sure you DL the whole game, not just the update. The update only works if you already had v1.10 successfully installed. Most of the other free DL sites are slow as two sloths f***ing, like 100 KB/s average speed. I average 10 MB/s with MEGA and at least 1-2 MB/s with Pixeldrain and WorkUpload, sometimes even better... just depends on current traffic at the time you take your DL.
Hope that helps. :)
Oh... The reason my MEGA is so fast is because it's the paid version. Their free version is decent but only allows 5 GB per month free DL, then wait for next month to DL again or pay for the service. Pixeldrain has a 5 GB per day DL to get the faster speed DL then after the first 5 GB it caps you at 500 KB/s for any additional DL beyond that. I have yet to find any limit on the free DL at WorkUpload.
There are others available that are reliable, just super slow... like start the DL and go run errands kind of slow...

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021
Ooooo... good question... I know that scene... it's Victoria recalling what Meredith had her do in the hot tub for some clients... It always triggered in my Victoria plays but I'm not sure of the prerequisites at present. Let me do some saved game diving... be back shortly with more...
Best answer I can give you quickly is to follow Victoria's path. You can break her spell and not enact her plan and still get high enough Victoria score/lust to open that scene. (See best answer below from Anus Mundi)
I just found something else I really need to pursue right now. I had originally just installed the v1.11 update and something was missing. So, last night I DL'd the entire v1.11 and installed it over my previous version like I usually do. I found more content! So, it will be a while before I can back track to find the exact steps to unlock that scene. Follow Victoria's path, take her to the party at Gloria's dad's and Shanlon's place, take Victoria up on all her kinky scenes. You'll need MC depravity of at least three for this. Check the walkthrough for which options will give you MC depravity and best Victoria score/lust. I'm off to play this new content I found! Three new images and four new scenes to find!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cxx
Aug 2, 2021
1. you need the "spellbound"-flag
2. you have to choose "Screw business" in chapter 1
3. you mustn't disable the bug
4. when following Vic in Chapter 4 => "Knock" => "Quiet" => "Say nothing" => "Yes" or "Show me you mean it" (vicaccept)
5. When Vic turns up in Chapter 7 => "Tell me everything" => "Yes"
Thank you :) It would've taken me a few hours of save skimming to remember all that :)

Reactions: Anus Mundi
Aug 2, 2021
Just lucky i occupied myself with the structure of the game over the last week. ;)
Pretty sure I installed the update incorrectly. Wasn't getting all the chapter 11 content. So, I DL'd the full v1.11, ran an overwrite install like I usually do and WHOOP der it is!!! Hahaha :ROFLMAO: Just finished unlocking all the image and scene options and only had to do two speed plays from start to do it.

FYI for anyone interested...
I found one place where the walkthrough is incorrect. For the final Victoria scene overlooking the city (not the spellbound option, that scene is at Victoria's apartment and requires Victoria spellbound/enact Victoria's plan to unlock) the WT says you need Victoria lust of +5 to unlock anal at the overlook. That is false. I unlocked both checks for that scene in one go with Victoria score +6 lust +2. My MC depravity had to be around +5 or +6 though, possibly higher. That may be what is actually required, IDK for sure. Just calling them as I see them.

Thanks again, AM, for the assist on the dream scene info for zackgames request. I would've been just starting the research now. You are much appreciated, friend. :)
Hope that WT update info helps some of you out there in cyber-land :)

Reactions: Anus Mundi
Aug 2, 2021
One quick question...

Is it safe to go into the "Save" folder inside the "Game" folder and delete old saves?

I'm over eighty pages into these saves at present. At the current rate I'll be well over a hundred by the end of the game. I don't use any of the saves from the first fifty pages any more. So, I was thinking of checking the date on those saves, finding the page fifty saves by date and deleting everything before that. That would leave me with just the most recent saves and fifty pages of save space freed up in game for more saves. But... will it work or will I cause the game to melt down?

Thanks in advance, Vin

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
I found one place where the walkthrough is incorrect.
Yeah, there are some mistakes in the wt., i.e. the conditions to get Katies LP at the start of chapter 7. At some point the wt wt is simply outdated, because there were changes in the code (i.e. "Hipsters love brunch" doesn't give you a lust point anymore as it used to do).

For the final Victoria scene overlooking the city (not the spellbound option, that scene is at Victoria's apartment and requires Victoria spellbound/enact Victoria's plan to unlock) the WT says you need Victoria lust of +5 to unlock anal at the overlook. That is false. I unlocked both checks for that scene in one go with Victoria score +6 lust +2. My MC depravity had to be around +5 or +6 though, possibly higher. That may be what is actually required, IDK for sure. Just calling them as I see them.
To get the scene at all you need 6 score points; for anal 2 lust points. There are two changes in the dialogue when you have at least 5 lust points (not possible without cheating, imho).

Aug 2, 2021
Yeah, there are some mistakes in the wt., i.e. the conditions to get Katies LP at the start of chapter 7. At some point the wt wt is simply outdated, because there were changes in the code (i.e. "Hipsters love brunch" doesn't give you a lust point anymore as it used to do).

To get the scene at all you need 6 score points; for anal 2 lust points. There are two changes in the dialogue when you have at least 5 lust points (not possible without cheating, imho).
I've never missed any options with Katie. I did catch the no lust +1 for 'hipsters brunch' but take that option anyway. It just feels right and +1 score is +1 score.:cool: Anyway, f*** hipsters! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: Say no to the man bun!

Not possible without cheating is right! Taking lust options with Victoria misses the point options you need to even unlock certain scenes. Getting to score 6 lust 2 is the best I can do with Victoria. In my spellbound plays she's at 3 for each, no higher.
I can consistently get to 7/7 with Katie, 7/5 with Gloria and the highest score I've had was with Ellen in my "f*** off Victoria plays" where I basically f*** everyone except Victoria! Hahaha :ROFLMAO: Basically had Ellen wrapped up around 8/6 or 8/7... something like that. May have been 9/5... hell, IDK now. But, it was higher than any other score I've had in game.

I found one other discrepancy in the WT today. I went back through and made sure to play the VR scene with Kleo to enable "the full scene" as mentioned in the WT "(if you did pick 'Eh fuck it' you will access the full scene with Kleo directly)" but there is no variance in the scene either way, whether you played with Kleo in VR or not. So, that was a waste of time. I usually just go home with Ellen but curiosity won out only to go unrewarded... maybe next update. TBH, I'd rather have more options with Sonja... or Gloria... or Katie... or Abby... or... well, you get the point... haha:LOL:

Thanks for all the feedback and conversation, Vin:cool:(y)

Reactions: Tumblingjoint

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Finally got around to play it... pretty lacklusting episode if you ask me. The story pretty much didnt moved forward.

Not many options with the lewd scenes we got (you dont even get the option to cream when thats usually possible), most are weirdly set up, its just show up and have sex if you got enough points, and yet tons of missed opportunities for more action with Abby, Kay and Sasha.

I dont know, it just felt weirdly sloppy, rushed even. I wouldnt say it took 7 months to make, more like 3 months. Hopefully the next episode its better because this one was probably the worst one so far in my opinion.
I'm sure it won't be. You may as well not bother spending your valuable time. LOL

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
Install MS vcredist Pack and Driectx. Clean run up on system by cleanmaster (free). De-fragments Disk if needed. Install .net framework at least 4.5. Good luck !

murksel

Sep 6, 2020
One quick question...

Is it safe to go into the "Save" folder inside the "Game" folder and delete old saves?

I'm over eighty pages into these saves at present. At the current rate I'll be well over a hundred by the end of the game. I don't use any of the saves from the first fifty pages any more. So, I was thinking of checking the date on those saves, finding the page fifty saves by date and deleting everything before that. That would leave me with just the most recent saves and fifty pages of save space freed up in game for more saves. But... will it work or will I cause the game to melt down?

Thanks in advance, Vin
If your question hasn't already been answered....

Yes you can delete older savegames. But you have to delete them not only in the GAME folder, but also in the RenPy folder, which is somewhere on your computer. On my PC it can be found under ...AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BrokenDreamers.

At least that's how it works for me.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: VicelloBalthazar
4.70 star(s) 420 Votes