MrBubu

Mar 31, 2022
Just started this absolutely bonkers game! (y) to Philly Games.

Having trouble getting some of the scenes in Chapter 7. Tried using Cheat mod to play around with the variables and score with no success thus far. I used the Cheat at the moment to avoid having to replay the whole thing, cos my save files are kind of messed up. See spoiler.

Appreciate any help here. Thanks!

Check my walkthrough:

I tried to make it clear what exact conditions are needed and see the last page of the walkthrough how to set the variable to your need.

Reactions: otFIRE and PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I'm with you on this one. Whenever I see or hear someones offense to a completely benign word I check the etymology of the word. Oriental is derived from Latin or Old French. It's meaning is "far east" to paraphrase. It's meant as an umbrella term for Asian descent. I say benign because it's original meaning is now twisted to be somehow offensive for some. I don't go out of my way to state a word some might find offensive that would just be plain rude. I'm age 44 soon to be 45 so yeah things during my earlier years we said to each other today would make the gen z's scream like banshees.
I'm NOT into labels and I won't tell others what should or should not please or offend them. I agree with your interpretation of Orient and it's variants but do not address Asian folks as "Oriental" any sooner than any of the other terms seen as derogatory these days. It's just not polite. That rubs both my common sense and common courtesy the wrong way, raw. I cannot do that in good conscience. However, the continent of Asia extends far beyond the region formerly known as "the orient." Asia extends all the way north up the eastern, pacific ocean bound coast, all the way to the arctic ocean and as far west as Georgia and St. Petersburg. So, the term Asian has a much broader definition than what it has come to represent in our current, rather confused and mixed up culture. Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it... Labeling folks is for politicians and the super wealthy. It's how they keep us fighting among ourselves rather than seeing the true problem... them. I have friends from all over the globe. I enjoy learning about the culture of other places and finding common ground with those folks. I've had the joy and privilege to share in musical performances in a wide variety of genres and styles with a rather diverse group of talented individuals in my life. I love bringing diversity together in harmony. Yet, there are always those who are never happy, no matter what concessions are made to them. To those folks I simply say, "Have a nice life." because I am no one's "Yes Man." There are angels and assholes, saints and sinners, the good, the bad and the ugly in every shade of the rainbow on this planet. So, I tend to stick with friends who have enough in common with me that we are compatible and enough differences that we can be complimentary. Be yourself, not a carbon copy or corporate clone. Think for yourself. Break the PC mold... technically it was born broken and just needs to go away. I've said this many times because it is true... We are each our own unique brand of weird so be different, be unique, be kinky, be weird but most importantly, be you! Every time that you are kind to another person you are being part of the solution rather than enhancing the problem.
Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
This is the only thing i'll say regarding to this so this thread doesnt get to strayed but as an Asian myself, I do take offense of the term "Oriental" when described. Working in sales, i have many ignorant older clients that describes me as that to my colleagues every time. Some Asians won't take offense, but there are a lot that would. It's almost as bad as calling black people the N word but then again, this is the internet cant escape it but we can do better.

Besides all that, Gloria BEST girl straight up. Lol.
Katie is my favorite yet I do share your love of Gloria. I too worked in sales to support my music career. The joke that a musician with no girlfriend is homeless isn't far from actual truth... I know those folks. I chose to take other work when there weren't enough gigs to pay the bills with enough left over to have some fun. Hahaha :ROFLMAO:
I detest labels and those who label others. Totally not cool at all. The labelling word they use is secondary to the fact that they are looking down on you as if they are better. That's just arrogance and bigotry. Not digging it. So, I get it. Respect.(y)

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I'm with you on this one. Whenever I see or hear someones offense to a completely benign word I check the etymology of the word. Oriental is derived from Latin or Old French. It's meaning is "far east" to paraphrase. It's meant as an umbrella term for Asian descent. I say benign because it's original meaning is now twisted to be somehow offensive for some. I don't go out of my way to state a word some might find offensive that would just be plain rude. I'm age 44 soon to be 45 so yeah things during my earlier years we said to each other today would make the gen z's scream like banshees.
Oriens means just east. Orient in English can be either Near East, Middle East or Far East, depending on context. For most part it was Near East (Arabic World)... Oriental music/food/Orient Expresss etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: monk456

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Free speech boiling down to defending your right to use slurs you know certain groups of people will find overtly offensive.

We truly are rejecting humanity and returning to monke.
You obviously missed my meaning. Not even going to try to explain. You'll only twist my explanation. Have a nice life.

Reactions: seniorboop

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Just started this absolutely bonkers game! (y) to Philly Games.

Having trouble getting some of the scenes in Chapter 7. Tried using Cheat mod to play around with the variables and score with no success thus far. I used the Cheat at the moment to avoid having to replay the whole thing, cos my save files are kind of messed up. See spoiler.

Using this posted walkthrough listed in 1st post
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Appreciate any help here. Thanks!
You don't need a cheat mod to see all of the scenes with Vic or any other LI in game. I don't use a walk through either. Game gives me a choice, I save and play all the options through the current scene to see what happens then reload and replay. You can visually see changes in score/lust with all the LI listed. For major decisions I play each option through to the end of the current update as those can change other things further on in game. I have used that same method to unlock all the scenes and images to date. I ran two plays to unlock all of Victoria's options. The first is taking every opportunity to gain the highest score possible with Victoria and making sure to pick up all of the lust options that don't have a score option as an alternative. You should get to six score with three or four lust points in this play. The more aggressive scenes like BDSM and anal also have depravity requirements, the hidden player stat. Just be aggressive to Meredith twice when you first meet her and you are covered on depravity score. Some of Vic's options have lust minimum (only two but required none the less) and other requirements... In the second Victoria play I mentioned MC must take the "under her spell" route and follow it fully. Your score with Victoria will be around 3 with lust around the same but you unlock the final options with that play.
I hope this helps, friend.
Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)
PS: First play I always play all the way through without stopping making the choices I would make myself or what I think the character would make might be a less meta way of stating it... I become the character I role play... at least in my mind. That is the larger part of the fantasy after all.:devilish: Hahahahahahaha :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: otFIRE

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
Katie is my favorite yet I do share your love of Gloria. I too worked in sales to support my music career. The joke that a musician with no girlfriend is homeless isn't far from actual truth... I know those folks. I chose to take other work when there weren't enough gigs to pay the bills with enough left over to have some fun. Hahaha :ROFLMAO:
I detest labels and those who label others. Totally not cool at all. The labelling word they use is secondary to the fact that they are looking down on you as if they are better. That's just arrogance and bigotry. Not digging it. So, I get it. Respect.(y)

Honestly, when i first began the game i wasnt into Gloria very much. I think maybe it had to do with Henry's attachment to her so i looked at Henry like a bro to me & thought, " Yeah.. I'd never try to pull a move on your "pretend daughter" or something" lol. Chandra was the one that i liked the most. HOWEVER, once we got to the motel chapter i did kind of start seeing her in another light. Just when she was standing out there looking out at the stars i couldn't help but admire her beauty. I really didn't think Philly was going to give us that scene. I know there was the dream sequence and the seeds were kind of being planted but idk, my naivete(sp?) didnt think it would happen. When opportunity presented itself, WELL..Let's just say it's hard to resist lol. I think her character is interesting considering how she's looking at MC as a possible Love Interest even though we're older and she isn't exactly into us like how Chandra is. They're roughly the same age but Philly has developed them into way different characters & i respect that. Both freaky but different. Dunno how to describe it. I'd say Gloria 1a / Chandra 1b.

Katie, i know how much you love her Phat Lol. No disrespect at all. She's fucking gorgeous. But i feel more of a friend to her. I just can't really get invested. Tell me why she's your favorite from a character perspective? She's a real good safe choice though from a relationship standpoint. Maybe not financially stable but good morals, good head on her shoulders, the bring her home to mom type right?

Reactions: PapaPhat

otFIRE

Jul 31, 2020
You don't need a cheat mod to see all of the scenes with Vic or any other LI in game. I don't use a walk through either. Game gives me a choice, I save and play all the options through the current scene to see what happens then reload and replay. You can visually see changes in score/lust with all the LI listed. For major decisions I play each option through to the end of the current update as those can change other things further on in game. I have used that same method to unlock all the scenes and images to date. I ran two plays to unlock all of Victoria's options. The first is taking every opportunity to gain the highest score possible with Victoria and making sure to pick up all of the lust options that don't have a score option as an alternative. You should get to six score with three or four lust points in this play. The more aggressive scenes like BDSM and anal also have depravity requirements, the hidden player stat. Just be aggressive to Meredith twice when you first meet her and you are covered on depravity score. Some of Vic's options have lust minimum (only two but required none the less) and other requirements... In the second Victoria play I mentioned MC must take the "under her spell" route and follow it fully. Your score with Victoria will be around 3 with lust around the same but you unlock the final options with that play.
I hope this helps, friend.
PS: First play I always play all the way through without stopping making the choices I would make myself or what I think the character would make might be a less meta way of stating it... I become the character I role play... at least in my mind. That is the larger part of the fantasy after all.:devilish: Hahahahahahaha :ROFLMAO:
Haha, first time seeing Victoria in CoBD made me :devilish:

Ah.... well, in my 1st playthrough of the game, I just played normally without referring to the walkthrough, and concentrating on Victoria first and getting all the scores and lust minimums. And then somewhere along the line around Chapter 7, I started focusing on whether I can get all the scenes, including the bonus sex scenes for Victoria in just 1 playthrough, so I peeked at the walkthrough and started detouring into other paths for other characters... and multiple save files until it got messy. And then I started thinking about all the little different dialogue and scene(s) so I tried out the Cheat mod to see if it would be more convenient.

And when I saw your walkthrough and the technical flowchart, everything became much MUCH clearer. (y) Much thanks!!

And then I scanned through a bit, and saw 1 difference in the lust minimum for Victoria in Chapter 11 between your walkthrough and the other walkthrough I listed. I haven't even completed Chapter 9 yet :LOL:. But I find CoBD has more of a replayability factor, to find all the scenes, and nuggets of different dialogue/animations.

Might remove the Cheat mod and slowly replay through all the different paths.

otFIRE

Jul 31, 2020
Hi.

Have an issue here, not with the mod, but more with trying to reset the entire game to a fresh state.

Everything is like a fresh state eg Picture Gallery showing blank. However, the Scene Gallery is still showing previous unlocked scenes. Any idea how to remove it so Scene Gallery shows as blank?

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
Hi.

Have an issue here, not with the mod, but more with trying to reset the entire game to a fresh state.

Everything is like a fresh state eg Picture Gallery showing blank. However, the Scene Gallery is still showing previous unlocked scenes. Any idea how to remove it so Scene Gallery shows as blank?
go to your C:users/(pcname)/appdata/roming/renpy/brokendreamers and delete the directory. fresh start all hits enabled again

otFIRE

Jul 31, 2020
go to your C:users/(pcname)/appdata/roming/renpy/brokendreamers and delete the directory. fresh start all hits enabled again
I already deleted that, which is why all other stuff (eg game save files, picture gallery) is showing like a fresh start, all except the Scene gallery. The Scene gallery does not show unlocked scenes (represented by a tick under each image), but for a fresh start, the images should be hidden, with a question mark.

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
I already deleted that, which is why all other stuff (eg game save files, picture gallery) is showing like a fresh start, all except the Scene gallery. The Scene gallery does not show unlocked scenes (represented by a tick under each image), but for a fresh start, the images should be hidden, with a question mark.
did you also delete your saves dir in the game dir?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Did the persistent file somehow het left over in the "City Of Broken Dreamers Ch. 11 1.11.0\game\saves"? The saves and persistent files and saves are stored in two locations. I don't know if that's the issue but it's a possibility. Also are you using a mod? It could have a scene unlocker, so it wouldn't matter is the files are deleted since the mod would just unlock them from the start again anyway.

otFIRE

Jul 31, 2020
Did the persistent file somehow het left over in the "City Of Broken Dreamers Ch. 11 1.11.0\game\saves"? The saves and persistent files and saves are stored in two locations. I don't know if that's the issue but it's a possibility. Also are you using a mod? It could have a scene unlocker, so it wouldn't matter is the files are deleted since the mod would just unlock them from the start again anyway.
Yes, I used a Cheat mod at some point, but I only unlocked all Pictures. Never unlock all scenes.

I took care of the 2 locations. Deleted the CoBD game and redownloaded it, which takes care of 1 location. Unless I also have to delete/rename the persistent file in my other RenPy game (Depraved Awakenings)?

As for the other location (C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy), I just deleted the Renpy folder (which takes care of all RenPy games, not just CoBD).

Now the game is almost like a fresh start. The scenes in the Scene gallery are technically locked, since I can't mouseover and click to trigger the scene. But the image remains unhidden. Just looking to see if there is a way to hide it.

Thinking I need to use the RenPy developer tools (eg Shift + O console, Shift + D Developer Menu)?

So I can unhide the images again. But unsure as to what value(s) I should be looking for and how to issue command to unhide hide the images, hence my query.

Last edited:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Yes, I used a Cheat mod at some point, but I only unlocked all Pictures. Never unlock all scenes.

I took care of the 2 locations. Deleted the CoBD game and redownloaded it, which takes care of 1 location. Unless I also have to delete/rename the persistent file in my other RenPy game (Depraved Awakenings)?

As for the other location (C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy), I just deleted the Renpy folder (which takes care of all RenPy games, not just CoBD).

Now the game is almost like a fresh start. The scenes in the Scene gallery are technically locked, since I can't mouseover and click to trigger the scene. But the image remains unhidden. Just looking to see if there is a way to hide it.

Thinking I need to use the RenPy developer tools (eg Shift + O console, Shift + D Developer Menu)?

So I can unhide the images again. But unsure as to what value(s) I should be looking for and how to issue command to unhide the images, hence my query.
Not all images are hidden by default. Some of them are just greyed until you unlock them, to let you know which character is involved. Other scenes are kind of 'a surprise' so they get the "?" treatment

Reactions: PapaPhat and otFIRE

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017

So I can unhide the images again. But unsure as to what value(s) I should be looking for and how to issue command to unhide the images, hence my query.
Like moskyx said, most of the scenes in the gallery are just greyed out. They show up in color with purple check marks when they are unlocked. Changing the persistent from DA won't do anything since they are two separate game. They just happen to be made by the same person.

Reactions: PapaPhat and otFIRE
Jan 12, 2022
Are there any parts to earn Victoria points besides early game? In chapter 11, you apparently need 6 points for the love path, but I've been stuck at 5, since like chapter 4. Looking through the guide, the only place where I could have earned extra points would have been by taking her to Alexis' party. Is that right? I feel like there definitely should have been more opportunities to earn points for her.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Are there any parts to earn Victoria points besides early game? In chapter 11, you apparently need 6 points for the love path, but I've been stuck at 5, since like chapter 4. Looking through the guide, the only place where I could have earned extra points would have been by taking her to Alexis' party. Is that right? I feel like there definitely should have been more opportunities to earn points for her.
As far as I know you don't even have to take her to the party to be on her love path. Did you ask for a lot during the meeting and say keep it professional, then tell her that's not how you do business? Just doing that should put you at three or four, then it just a matter of going along with her path. I wasn't even trying the last time I played, never slept with her or anything and the MC still talks about how much he missed seeing her.

Jan 12, 2022
As far as I know you don't even have to take her to the party to be on her love path. Did you ask for a lot during the meeting and say keep it professional, then tell her that's not how you do business? Just doing that should put you at three or four, then it just a matter of going along with her path. I wasn't even trying the last time I played, never slept with her or anything and the MC still talks about how much he missed seeing her.
I did all that. Plus, I slept with her when I snuck into her apartment and when she snuck into mine. Maybe it's just how the guide's worded, but I know for sure that I'm missing a scene here because I don't have a score of 6.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I did all that. Plus, I slept with her when I snuck into her apartment and when she snuck into mine. Maybe it's just how the guide's worded, but I know for sure that I'm missing a scene here because I don't have a score of 6.
Did you allow Victoria to put you under her spell? That has to be a separate Victoria play entirely because your score with Victoria will tank because she cannot fully respect you being her "pet whipping boy." By enacting Victoria's plan you also tank your score with Gloria by -3 and still end up failing to succeed, fortunately. TBH, if it weren't a scripted failure and you did succeed in completing Victoria's plan it would be mission failure, game over. The point is that you cannot mix the "Under her spell" path and the love Victoria path. I suspect that is why you cannot get to 6 score. You need to play Victoria's pathways twice, once for love and another under her spell. Mixing the two won't work. You can still stare, just stop before her spell kicks in. However, it IS better if you act the gentleman with Victoria on the lover path. Score represents respect, adoration and trust... qualities like that. If you want Victoria to truly fall in love with you she must first respect and admire you... that is what the minimum score of six represents. Victoria is equal parts class and kink. So, you won't need but a three or four in lust. Make note that some of MC's responses can go as lust or score, depending on your answer. Some of that is in the walkthrough but I've already covered how I do it a page or two back. In short, when the game gives you a choice, save, play an option, reload, play another option. Repeat as needed until you've seen all options and unlocked the scenes that can be unlocked on a particular path. Check your score/lust tally for the girl in question with each option before and after each choice to see what your choice caused. Sometimes Philly has the score update on the next response from the npc, other times not until the end of the dialogue and occasionally not until multiple chapters later... How that applies to your Victoria options is simple, take all the point options offered and only choose lust options that have no score option. There are plenty of lust tally only options. Also, I highly recommend taking Victoria to the party for your Victoria centered plays. You only need three or four lust to unlock all of Victoria's options. However, you must get to the minimum six score to unlock the lover path. Victoria's lover path and being under her spell DO NOT mix. Keep that separate. There's a scene in chapter 11 that won't unlock unless you are under her spell. Hope that helps, friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: otFIRE
4.70 star(s) 414 Votes