xfirstninx

Nov 20, 2016
Has Philly already said what his "regular" profession is?
Love his work so far with these games. Pretty impressive that he is able to deliver so much quality even without doing this as a full time job.
Another question. He said if he has plans for public release the comic(s)?

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Im a project manager / developer. When i was finishing DA somehow i got a promotion. I had to turn that down because it added even more work and a ton of travel time. In fact when i did DA i was on call 24/7 7 days a week during its entire run, hell during the 0.9 update, that big one with the Carli Stella scene, one weekend i had to do 40 hours of work for my company. Literal hell for me. I was just taken off that last month, thank god.

xfirstninx

Nov 20, 2016
Im a project manager / developer. When i was finishing DA somehow i got a promotion. I had to turn that down because it added even more work and a ton of travel time. In fact when i did DA i was on call 24/7 7 days a week during its entire run, hell during the 0.9 update, that big one with the Carli Stella scene, one weekend i had to do 40 hours of work for my company. Literal hell for me. I was just taken off that last month, thank god.
That [your profession] actually explains a bit of how you are able to keep up the work. Not to mention the quality of writing and the design of everything. Can't even imagine how focused and tired you must have been to be able to keep up during that time and work in both thing at the same time.
I read earlier that you don't think about switch entirely to "this" work. It is a wise decision indeed. Not only on Patreon we see this effort to adjust for some rules of "morality". There was the hugely cut on Tumblr, for example. And even things like that unnecessary censorship in the new DmC that Sony brought.
I don't have a heavy knowledge about all this, and I'm not the executive of these companies and some politician, but this all looks to me like a big regress in the way of think.
I didn't expected you to be the one to answer. XD
Thank you for the effort you put in your games!

CandleLight

May 4, 2019
It was hard to choose only one guy to support, between this by Philly-Games and Being a DIK by Pinkcake, they are being the absolute GOAT's right now.

But the unique art style and universe being presented here have me giving the edge to this game. It's doing everything right. Every image could be a photo, truly an inspiration

KMJ96815

Mar 25, 2019
It was hard to choose only one guy to support, between this by Philly-Games and Being a DIK by Pinkcake, they are being the absolute GOAT's right now.

But the unique art style and universe being presented here have me giving the edge to this game. It's doing everything right. Every image could be a photo, truly an inspiration
Yeah, kind of agree, very similar quality but a Blade Runner/cyberpunk type setting trumps a college environment for me too.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Ok finally checked this out. I loved DA, so when I had to double check after my playthrough because this had that exact same vibe to it. Thank God you are making another game. DA is on my all time top 5 list.

KiwamiLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
Do you guys think we'll see the MC's face in some future update? I know it's not something relevant or necessary, just wanted to know your thoughts about this

badnboujee

Jun 6, 2017
Hey Philly, do you think you've already introduced all the "main" females that you'll have in this game? for example, I remember in DA that Mi-do and maybe Christina weren't introduced in the first few versions but later ended up being characters you could have endings with. Is it going to be a similar situation here, where you'll have a few more ladies introduced in future versions that could be possible endgame situations?

4.70 star(s) 420 Votes