Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
You are correct. That IS the traditional use of the phrase. However, I am thinking that Philly's meaning here is that you don't want to fuck with Victoria because she will fuck you up!:devilish:
Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)
If my memory serves me, the first time she picked a fight she ended up pinned to the floor with the MC on top and a really wet pussy :HideThePain:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yes... that is the traditional meaning and no Philly is not indicating weakness in the way he uses it. He's saying that you don't want to reckon with Vic because she will kick your ass!
A force to be reckoned with means you will be challenging that force and should be extremely cautious.
The way Philly uses it infers that you do not want to reckon with Victoria at all.
At least that is how I read it...
Just my humble opinion. No malice implied and no offense meant.
Peace out, Phat :devilish:
He might have intended that meaning, but it's not what was written.
Reckoning literally means "calculating/estimating".
You have to calculate the threat an enemy poses, unless they are insignificant.

What was written was clearly a typo, because it literally, specifically means she is no threat.
When he intended to point out what an extreme threat she is.
A force to be reckoned with means you will be challenging that force and should be extremely cautious.
No, it honestly doesn't.
It does not, in any way, imply that you will challenge them.
It simply means you need to be aware/beware of them, because you have identified them as a significant threat.

Last edited:

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
just realized that i last played this game 3 years ago and I had loved that so much. shame on me :eek:

So it's high time to press the download-button quickly:oops:

beg for mercy and expect the worst(like facepalms or worse);)

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
just realized that i last played this game 3 years ago and I had loved that so much. shame on me :eek:

So it's high time to press the download-button quickly:oops:

beg for mercy and expect the worst(like facepalms or worse);)
Welcome back, my friend! Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
A "reckoning" is a final accounting/closing out, and when used in this context, with Victoria, is meaning that you don't want to face that final accounting because it will not be in your favor. To desire a reckoning is to seek full and final closure - if you desire that with Victoria, you will be what is final and, unless you seek to cease your existence, you do not want to seek that reckoning. That is what is being said.
It doesn't work that way.
The other meaning of "reckoning", which you refer to, is not the one used in the expression.
There is no "reckoned", from that use. You face "a reckoning", but you are not "reckoned".

The expression is specific; A force to be reckoned with.
A force not to be reckoned with, is a force you do not need to consider.
It's a typo.
There is no typo and no ambiguity, only a lack of comprehension on the part of those that believe that to be the case.
Ha ha ha ha, fucking hell. :FacePalm:
It's a statement of literal fact.
It's not a question of "belief". I could "believe" that "Hippo" meant "moron", is doesn't make it so.

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
He might have intended that meaning, but it's not what was written.
Reckoning literally means "calculating/estimating".
You have to calculate the threat an enemy poses, unless they are insignificant.

What was written was clearly a typo, because it literally, specifically means she is no threat.
When he intended to point out what an extreme threat she is.

No, it honestly doesn't.
It does not, in any way, imply that you will challenge them.
It simply means you need to be aware/beware of them, because you have identified them as a significant threat.
Then we must agree to disagree, my friend. Like I already said, just my humble opinion on how I read it.
You are entitled to your own interpretation. I prefer to give Philly the benefit of the doubt.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Then we must agree to disagree, my friend. Like I already said, just my humble opinion on how I read it.
You are entitled to your own interpretation. I prefer to give Philly the benefit of the doubt.
It's not "my" interpretation.
It's what the expression means.

I'm afraid that you are ignoring the literal definition, to make it to fit with your personal interpretation, which does not work with what the expression means.
It does. At least if you are skilled in English and linguistic arts.

I take it you are entirely left brained if you can't figure out alternative usages of language, but only those that are the most familiar. I fear your corpus callosum is more 12v than 765,000VAC.
I see you've got your head overinflated with that ego. Must be stopping blood flow. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Words, expressions and phrases have definitions.
If your usage does not fall within those definitions, then it's literally incorrect.

It takes years for word definitions to change & it only happens through common vernacular usage.
The phrase IS "A force to be reckoned with."
There is NO phrase, "A force not to be reckoned with."
It was obviously a mistake.

But, of course, with those English & linguistic skills, you already knew that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Otherwise you must be a Hippo.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBS666

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017

I love Philly, but he made a typo. Everyone does every day.
Stop making far-fetched interpretations that make no sense.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Dude... you are arguing with yourself now. Stop including me in your little rant world bullshit... PLEASE!
Read, before opening your mouth, for the love of whichever deity you prefer. :FacePalm:
Literally, the post above yours:
It was a typo; Philly fixed it. Vic *is* a force to be reckoned with. :LOL:
There is NO expression "A force not to be reckoned with". It does not exist, except in error.
You were both wrong. Get over it.

• Wow

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
View attachment 1942288

Again, this week was focused on writing and code, then putting it all together. Very happy with the results. Next week will be a balance of everything again.

For the preview I had a hard time picking which shot I wanted to use. A lot of really cool images to choose from. Can't wait for you guys to see. Let's just say we see side a side of Victoria that we have not seen in a long time. We tend to forget she is a force not to be reckoned with when fists start flying.

Also the poll for customs is now live, so for everyone who is Ghost tier and up, get your votes in. I will set those up on Tuesday.

As always guys, stay awesome!

Philly
Nice preview! Is that an Artemis wannabe?

• Haha

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
DROP IT! NOW! I made one suggestion and never claimed it was gospel, only my opinion and I still hold that same opinion. I also said you are entitled to your opinion. I AM DONE WITH THIS!!! JUST STOP!!! THERE IS NO PRIZE! THERE IS NOTHING TO WIN!!! STFU already.
It's not my opinion. It's the literal definition of the expression. :FacePalm:
There is no expression "not to be reckoned with", it does not exist.

Your "opinion" was contrary to facts. It was contrary to the literal definition of the term.
Now it's proven to be contrary to what the dev meant.
Your opinion was obviously, blatantly wrong.

Get over it, you're not making yourself look good here, particularly screaming like that.
Face facts, you were wrong. Even the dev has admitted the mistake, but you're still going...
No-one has attacked you for being wrong, we've just pointed it out, with proof of why.
Deal with it like an adult, not this.

Last edited:

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
View attachment 1942288

Again, this week was focused on writing and code, then putting it all together. Very happy with the results. Next week will be a balance of everything again.

For the preview I had a hard time picking which shot I wanted to use. A lot of really cool images to choose from. Can't wait for you guys to see. Let's just say we see side a side of Victoria that we have not seen in a long time. We tend to forget she is a force to be reckoned with when fists start flying.

Also the poll for customs is now live, so for everyone who is Ghost tier and up, get your votes in. I will set those up on Tuesday.

As always guys, stay awesome!

Philly
I wonder who is the blonde girl inside the water tank? She looks like with Gloria. Is she some kind of Gloria's clone? Is Baynard got DNA samples from Gloria and created some kind of clone version of our blondie? If so, the Baynard could want Gloria for more DNA samples? Hum!

It is Sherlock Holmes time, my friends.:LOL::LOL::alien::alien: This charade is becoming to make sense for me now.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I wonder who is the blonde girl inside the water tank? She looks like with Gloria. Is she some kind of Gloria's clone? Is Baynard got DNA samples from Gloria and created some kind of clone version of our blondie? If so, the Baynard could want Gloria for more DNA samples? Hum!

It is Sherlock Holmes time, my friends.:LOL::LOL::alien::alien: This charade is becoming to make sense for me now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.70 star(s) 420 Votes