whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Page one at the top right. Click "Ignore thread" button. Peace out, Phat (y)
View attachment 1928806
"Ignore" might be a little extreme.
He won't see the thread at all anymore, if he clicks that.
If he just wants to stop receiving notifications but still wants to be able to view the thread in the future, then he just needs to click "Unwatch". (y)

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
"Ignore" might be a little extreme.
He won't see the thread at all anymore, if he clicks that.
If he just wants to stop receiving notifications but still wants to be able to view the thread in the future, then he just needs to click "Unwatch". (y)
This is what the last page of the 'Latest Updates' section looks like for me :Kappa::

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Days are too short to waste any time with stuff I know I won't enjoy.

• Haha
Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
This is what the last page of the 'Latest Updates' section looks like for me :Kappa::

Days are too short to waste any time with stuff I know I won't enjoy.
Rather than having to "Ignore" everything I'm not interested in, I simply click "Watch thread" on what I am interested in, then use the Forum\Watched Threads option to exclusively view only the threads that I'm interested in.
Days are too short! So I'm just clicking Watch x 40, instead of clicking Ignore x 5,000! lol

Last edited:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Rather than having to "Ignore" everything I'm not interested in, I simply click "Watch thread" on what I am interested in, then use the Forum\Watched Threads option to exclusively view only the threads that I'm interested in.
Days are too short! So I'm just clicking Watch x 40, instead of clicking Ignore x 5,000! lol
If you don't ignore a game, its updates will still show unshaded in the Latest Updates section, and every time you search for something using the search bar it will show the results found in its thread too.
If I check a game because the preview images catch my attention to then find out it's a type of game I'll never enjoy, I just get rid of the problem by ingnoring it. Otherwise, I will keep checking the same game again when a new update comes out because it's unlikely that after some months I'll still remember I already checked that very same game. It saves me time.

Reactions: Meushi

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, but it's still more time consuming to do that for every single thread, than just clicking Watch for the smaller subset of ones I am interested in.
Forums\Watched\
I already check every single thread to see if I like the game anyway. Clicking on ignore is not more time consuming at all. I already explained it.

To watch and to ignore a thread require the same effort: you go there the first time, you see the pics, you read, probably you also try the game and then decide to watch or ignore it.
If I don't like it, I prefer to ignore it right away because that way I will not go there a second time when a new update comes out weeks or months later. It saves me the checking, the reading and the playing it a second time.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I already check every single thread to see if I like the game anyway. Clicking on ignore is not more time consuming at all. I already explained it.

To watch and to ignore a thread require the same effort: you go there the first time, you see the pics, you read, probably you also try the game and then decide to watch or ignore it.
If I don't like it, I prefer to ignore it right away because that way I will not go there a second time when a new update comes out weeks or months later. It saves me the checking, the reading and the playing it a second time.
If it's not on my Watched List, I don't care about it.
I've got plenty of games on there to keep me interested and entertained.
I am more likely to find a new game by suggestions in one of those threads, than I am by clicking on Latest Updates.
Different strokes for different folks.
Your way works for you, more power to ya. (y)

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
View attachment 1916595

Dev Update #131

Back in real action finally! This was a great week dev wise.

So first off getting to that stage where renders are gonna start winding down. Only have a few scenes left to render but also have a bunch of stuff I need to setup for some super cool shots later.

For development we are now at 740 renders with 32 animations and another just put into the pipe and is currently running. Next week I want to start putting things together so it will be a lot of code and writing so don't expect that count to go up much. It also seems like a good idea to setup a new poll for customs for July. Expect that mid week. Just need to come up with a theme to do a poll on.

But yeah glad to be in full swing again. That was rough lol.

As always guys, stay awesome!

Philly
Still waiting/hoping for the day i can shot this two bit raider in the face. :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Last edited:

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
ch12invest7.jpg

Dev Update #132

So this week I was mostly focused on writing. Well, at least the last few days of the week that is. So, a decent mix of everything.

For the update we are now sitting at about 760 renders and also added one more animation taking it up to 33. On top of that though a lot of writing has been done and what I was struggling with this week was some more calm scenes, but they actually turned out really great. Some really interesting stuff with Venus, Ellen, and Katie. In fact going to expand that a little I liked it so much.

I decided to hold off on the customs this week just so I could focus, but I will do them shortly, don't you worry :p

Next week I think I am going to take the same approach and knock out more script and code.

Philly

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Gilr! In my mind you are always bare and sweet and beautiful, we play our games, we hook up,
and then we .. throbb some worries away in the most deep and hard and cuddly possible action.

Reactions: AlienEDM

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
If you don't ignore a game, its updates will still show unshaded in the Latest Updates section, and every time you search for something using the search bar it will show the results found in its thread too.
If I check a game because the preview images catch my attention to then find out it's a type of game I'll never enjoy, I just get rid of the problem by ingnoring it. Otherwise, I will keep checking the same game again when a new update comes out because it's unlikely that after some months I'll still remember I already checked that very same game. It saves me time.
Which is why I "watch" what interests me and only choose from my notifications icon. Maybe I don't see some new interesting game pop up at the beginning, but I'll probably find out about it in what I do watch, or see a PH game play recording (where I've found many of the games that interest me) or by watching the "interest" threads (hairy, freckles/tanlines, etc. - there are at least a dozen of them appealing to different interests, but you may already be aware). There are many filtering tools available to keep you from having to watch the "catch all" and poke around through it to find that one nugget that really interests you.

• Haha
Reactions: whichone and cxx

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
well there is 1 freckled redhead in mrknobb's latest game (not much with her atm).

could be 3rd redhead sister from game you know. :p
I was interested in the redhead thread, and it led to the freckles/tanlines thread (redheads usually have the first, obvs). Visually interesting characters draw me first (seeing Katie in a preview of a PH video got me to following this game), then I look to see if the game itself might have an interesting premise.

Reactions: PapaPhat

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1929272

Dev Update #132

So this week I was mostly focused on writing. Well, at least the last few days of the week that is. So, a decent mix of everything.

For the update we are now sitting at about 760 renders and also added one more animation taking it up to 33. On top of that though a lot of writing has been done and what I was struggling with this week was some more calm scenes, but they actually turned out really great. Some really interesting stuff with Venus, Ellen, and Katie. In fact going to expand that a little I liked it so much.

I decided to hold off on the customs this week just so I could focus, but I will do them shortly, don't you worry :p

Next week I think I am going to take the same approach and knock out more script and code.

Philly
It sounds like Philly completed 20 static renders and 1 animation this week. That brings his overall average down to ~42 statics and 1.8 animations per week since Chapter 11 launched. Here are the charts:
The numbers seem to be consistent again, even if progress is slower than we'd like. If we assume Philly will speed back up to his overall average, he'd match a typical chapter's static numbers by mid August and match animations by early-ish September; in reality animations would probably speed up further once the statics are done, so combined it probably translates to something like a release around the start of September. So that's probably the semi-optimistic-but-still-reasonable scenario. Now Philly has been capable of much faster render rates in the past so it's certainly possible to improve on that timeline, but I'm not sure we should expect that given the consistently slower progress of late.

In the meantime, I like the preview. The Victoria always pretty and the background looks high-tech - so hopefully Victoria is following through on her promise to help the MC get access to Baynard. That should keep the plot in high gear as we approach the finale.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I was interested in the redhead thread, and it led to the freckles/tanlines thread (redheads usually have the first, obvs). Visually interesting characters draw me first (seeing Katie in a preview of a PH video got me to following this game), then I look to see if the game itself might have an interesting premise.
Katie is my favorite and always will be. I love Ellen, Abby and several of the others too. However, since today's topic seems to be redheads... Gotta give it up for Victoria! Philly's Victoria is the Boss Redhead of ALL Boss Redheads!!! OBD's Rachael and Tracey in Long Road Home are a close tie for second place IMHO. :devilish:

Stay true, Stay you, Phat:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

4.70 star(s) 420 Votes