Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
ch12ellenwalk44.jpg

Dev Update #131

Back in real action finally! This was a great week dev wise.

So first off getting to that stage where renders are gonna start winding down. Only have a few scenes left to render but also have a bunch of stuff I need to setup for some super cool shots later.

For development we are now at 740 renders with 32 animations and another just put into the pipe and is currently running. Next week I want to start putting things together so it will be a lot of code and writing so don't expect that count to go up much. It also seems like a good idea to setup a new poll for customs for July. Expect that mid week. Just need to come up with a theme to do a poll on.

But yeah glad to be in full swing again. That was rough lol.

As always guys, stay awesome!

Philly

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1916595

Dev Update #131

So first off getting to that stage where renders are gonna start winding down. Only have a few scenes left to render but also have a bunch of stuff I need to setup for some super cool shots later.

For development we are now at 740 renders with 32 animations and another just put into the pipe and is currently running. Next week I want to start putting things together so it will be a lot of code and writing so don't expect that count to go up much. It also seems like a good idea to setup a new poll for customs for July. Expect that mid week. Just need to come up with a theme to do a poll on.

Philly
While I'm thrilled we're getting numbers again, I have to admit the ones we get are pretty confusing. Based on the last few dev diaries, I believe Philly has completed 90 static renders in the last 5 weeks; that's an average of 18 per week, but it's probably more along the lines of 45/week for the last two weeks or so. So far, so good. When it comes to animations, though...

Philly claims to have 32 animations completed. That's a massive 8 animations more than he reported on June 4 when he said he had 24. The problem is that he also claimed to have 31 animations back on May 28. Since he said at the time he added 'a few more,' I had previously assumed the 24 count was a typo and the proper count should have been 34. But with the count still below that this week, I quite frankly have no idea what to think. So I'll just go by the strict numbers, in which case Philly has completed 1 animation over the last 6 weeks, an average of .~2 animations per week. If we assume he lost 10 animations at the start of June, added three back before going on break, then worked again in the last two weeks, his most recent average would be 4/week. Overall, he's averaging ~43 static renders and 1.9 animations per week since Chapter 11 launched. Unless of course this week's numbers are still glitchy. :cautious: Whatever, here are some charts that may or may not reflect our current status:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Based on these charts we'd probably be looking at a late August release due to the animation shortfall relative to a typical episode. Statics are a bit better, on pace for a mid-ish August release (and their progress has been pretty consistent). But the animation situation is so FUBAR you shouldn't put any stock in these guess right now. We need to get reliable numbers before we can tell where we truly stand.

In the meantime at least we have another preview with Sasha to brighten my mood. :rolleyes: I sincerely hope Chapter 12 will either give her a valid purpose in the story or just let us fuck so we can finally move on. I'm beyond sick of wasting time on her.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
View attachment 1916595

Dev Update #131

Philly
It is chapter 12. A lot of things is waiting to unfold. I hope we can finally have some actions with Sasha. Also, there is the plot with Krista. They are just side characters, I known, but their plots are waiting to be solved soon, I think.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
View attachment 1916595

Dev Update #131

Philly
What amazing render. Philly's atmosphere is unbeatable

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Some people don't realize how difficult it must be to create a nice, believable shot of a dark setting. You only need to have a look at the crap that some other devs publish without any remorse.
Philly not only succeeds in making those shots look natural and believable, but his are always gorgeous.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
To be fair, a lot of devs commit to a monthly release schedule. That sort of timeline most likely precludes the type of extended cooking and post-work Philly does, which is why his updates take several months.

There are devs out there who are probably gaining more skill and capability with Daz, but may not feel they have a plot worth investing the in-depth development time needed to make it look a cut above the standard Daz renders. Even so, there are plenty of original games out there that are entertaining and don't require Philly's level of time investment.

Considering the story for CoBD, it would never have worked with standard Daz rendering. Atmosphere is key to Philly's game and, as mentioned earlier, he's pretty darn good at it.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Some people don't realize how difficult it must be to create a nice, believable shot of a dark setting. You only need to have a look at the crap that some other devs publish without any remorse.
Philly not only succeeds in making those shots look natural and believable, but his are always gorgeous.
And the neon tattoo is just the delicate and small touch that only true cinematographer could think about.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I suggest Katie for Miss Brazilian Wax
she doesn't have enuf ASSets for that. :p

yup.

yup. one dev had sexscenes which happened in room and sauna basically pitch black (like blacks eating licorice in coal cellar).

• Haha
Reactions: Aristos

ujwal

Sep 14, 2020
View attachment 245540

Overview:
Los Angeles, 2042. A city ruled by corporations. A city ruled by the elite.
A city that exemplifies the best and worst of the American Dream.
Millions live their lives in almost blissful ignorance of the excesses of the rich, or the degradation of the poor. Executives hold more power than politicians, the police hold less power than corporate mercenaries.
You are one of those mercenaries, one of the best, and elite tier called Ghosts... but you haven't taken a job in months. That is about to change.
Elsewhere in the city, a young girl is about to become the center of a conflict that could tear the city apart.
As you track her down you'll have allies and enemies, others like you who have been used by the city and spit out. Who will you trust? Who can you afford to?
Each of them has their own dreams, their own motivations, each is broken in their own way. All of it will come together...
In the City of Broken Dreamers
Thread Updated: 2022-03-12
Release Date: 2022-03-12
Developer: PhillyGames - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.11.0 Chapter 11
Language: English
Fan Art Thread: Here
Other game: Depraved Awakening
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Trailer:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -
Mac
(v1.10.1): - MEGA -
Android
(0.6.1): MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
Others: COMPRESSED* - ANDROID*

Ch. 10 -> Ch. 11 Update Patch: MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD

Translations: Spanish - Portuguese - German
Extras: Fan Walkthrough - Multi Mod -
Official Guide
Fan Sigs: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 245541 View attachment 245542 View attachment 245543 View attachment 245544 View attachment 245545 View attachment 299263 View attachment 299266 View attachment 245548 View attachment 299269
View attachment 245560 View attachment 245551 View attachment 245553 View attachment 245549 View attachment 245556 View attachment 245557 View attachment 245558 View attachment 245559 View attachment 245546 View attachment 607803
Does thi
View attachment 245540

Overview:
Los Angeles, 2042. A city ruled by corporations. A city ruled by the elite.
A city that exemplifies the best and worst of the American Dream.
Millions live their lives in almost blissful ignorance of the excesses of the rich, or the degradation of the poor. Executives hold more power than politicians, the police hold less power than corporate mercenaries.
You are one of those mercenaries, one of the best, and elite tier called Ghosts... but you haven't taken a job in months. That is about to change.
Elsewhere in the city, a young girl is about to become the center of a conflict that could tear the city apart.
As you track her down you'll have allies and enemies, others like you who have been used by the city and spit out. Who will you trust? Who can you afford to?
Each of them has their own dreams, their own motivations, each is broken in their own way. All of it will come together...
In the City of Broken Dreamers
Thread Updated: 2022-03-12
Release Date: 2022-03-12
Developer: PhillyGames - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.11.0 Chapter 11
Language: English
Fan Art Thread: Here
Other game: Depraved Awakening
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Trailer:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -
Mac
(v1.10.1): - MEGA -
Android
(0.6.1): MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
Others: COMPRESSED* - ANDROID*

Ch. 10 -> Ch. 11 Update Patch: MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD

Translations: Spanish - Portuguese - German
Extras: Fan Walkthrough - Multi Mod -
Official Guide
Fan Sigs: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 245541 View attachment 245542 View attachment 245543 View attachment 245544 View attachment 245545 View attachment 299263 View attachment 299266 View attachment 245548 View attachment 299269
View attachment 245560 View attachment 245551 View attachment 245553 View attachment 245549 View attachment 245556 View attachment 245557 View attachment 245558 View attachment 245559 View attachment 245546 View attachment 607803
Does this content contains all the chapters from 1-11? Please reply downloading now

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
To be fair, a lot of devs commit to a monthly release schedule. That sort of timeline most likely precludes the type of extended cooking and post-work Philly does, which is why his updates take several months.

There are devs out there who are probably gaining more skill and capability with Daz, but may not feel they have a plot worth investing the in-depth development time needed to make it look a cut above the standard Daz renders. Even so, there are plenty of original games out there that are entertaining and don't require Philly's level of time investment.

Considering the story for CoBD, it would never have worked with standard Daz rendering. Atmosphere is key to Philly's game and, as mentioned earlier, he's pretty darn good at it.
The games are not comparable either in their scope or in their flow, but there's a guy out there whose game I happen to like and the atmosphere of whose renders reminds me a lot of CoBD's.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The games are not comparable either in their scope or in their flow, but there's a guy out there whose game I happen to like and the atmosphere of whose renders reminds me a lot of CoBD's.
Thanks for the recommendation, my friend! :devilish: Having other quality AVN's to play makes the wait for Philly's next installment much more bearable.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Base Profile Screenshot 2022.05.16 - 21.48.06.71.png
I love you Abby! You are sweet and always horny! :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
By the way, in furtherance of previous discussion...

I know it's not where you generally look, but notice the curvature of the right foot and the proper gripping of the toes. Going to be tough to find another developer who hones to that level of realism.

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
View attachment 1916595

Dev Update #131

Philly
I hope we get some Sasha content, she's been in the story for a long time I thought it would have happened sooner.

Reactions: AlienEDM

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Wow by the looks of the trailer, the production values are definitely on par with Philly.
The trailer is actually the game's opening sequence. It's definitely spectacular, but a one time thing.
After that, the game includes some good animated sequences and other effects, and of course there are already a few really nice sex animations, but they aren't on the same level.
That dev is still not a match for Philly (who is?). He shows a lot of promise though. He pays similar attention to detail and likes to polish every aspect of the game (he even produces his own music for the game!). I especially recommend the swimming pool scene towards the end of the latest version. The water effects, those ripples and bubbles, really reminded me of Philly. I remember having this exact thought while I enjoyed it for the first time.

Thanks for the recommendation, my friend! :devilish: Having other quality AVN's to play makes the wait for Philly's next installment much more bearable.
Glad you found something you like. I hope the Unity engine doesn't bother you too much.
There's a lot to read in that game, but the story is still at a very very early stage. It's a bit frustrating.

I hope we get some Sasha content, she's been in the story for a long time I thought it would have happened sooner.
I have a feeling that there might be good news for Sasha and Kleo fans on the horizon.

Reactions: PapaPhat

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
By the way, in furtherance of previous discussion...

I know it's not where you generally look, but notice the curvature of the right foot and the proper gripping of the toes. Going to be tough to find another developer who hones to that level of realism.
Holy shit! Now that you mentioned it, I noticed some resemblance between Philly's renders and the art of some of the greatest masters of all time :oops:
Let's take Michelangelo's "David" for example, perhaps the most stunningly realistic recreation of human body in art.

kami shigiri

Mar 12, 2018
I hope the new update has Shannon scenes and story branch can't wait to have her femdom route also what happened to the discord suddenly even bug reporting is gone for non patrons?

Reactions: AlienEDM
4.70 star(s) 420 Votes