Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
That's where Notepad or Word come into play - brief discription of what save is what. If you do it after the shorter of each session or every 4th or 5th save variant, it isn't that bad.
BUT you can name your saves in CoBD:

Examples:

screenshot0002.png
screenshot0003.png

My method: main girl you pursue, followed by walkthrough page/point. Use walkthrough as a reference.

Since I'm only interested in Vic - who else? - I have 2 main saves: her route and spellbound route. If my save has no name, it's Vic love path, of course.

Reactions: AlienEDM

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
BUT you can name your saves in CoBD:

Examples:

View attachment 2201705
View attachment 2201706

My method: main girl you pursue, followed by walkthrough page/point. Use walkthrough as a reference.

Since I'm only interested in Vic - who else? - I have 2 main saves: her route and spellbound route. If my save has no name, it's Vic love path, of course.
That makes it even easier.

I'm presently just following after seeing some recorded plays on PH, but haven't played this one yet. Some of the games I play don't have naming mods, or naming built in (a truly stupid element of baseline RenPy, I gather), thus, my name pads.

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
View attachment 2179883

Dev Update #147
Why not some boobs! So, I did rework part of an earlier scene slightly, this is one of the new ones from that. Hope you enjoy :)
So, doing an early post today since I will be out most of the day today and I am not sure if I will be able to post when I normally do. Let's keep this quick.
Sitting just under 600 renders now, and I have to check the animation count but I believe 4 new ones are there bringing it to 37 animations.
Now to get ready to geek out with some Gloomhaven with friends. Yes, you can make fun of me for loving that game :p
As always guys, stay awesome!
Philly
Lord Jesus Gloria..

Henry please forgive me.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Hey dudes, maybe you could help me out here with a conundrum. Fair warning, there will be light spoilers, so if anyone has not played through at least once, might wanna avoid reading further.

So I'm just about done with my first run through and uh, I think I screwed myself a bit. I'm not really trying to play it as a harem game, but the game really didn't invest me in any characters early on so I was doing my best to feel them out, so to speak. I took Ellen to the party because it seemed to make the most contextual sense, but now I've just been stuck with Katie at this like 4/4 (now in chatper 11 or 12 4/5) score/lust rating for the entire playthrough, and she's disinterested in any kind of progression, romantically.

I haven't used any walkthroughs or mods, I rejected all of Victoria's advances (because it made story sense. Can always do another run through to just slang some shmeat), but I've gotten tons and tons of options to increase score or lust with everyone BUT Katie. I always attempted to go check on or help Katie when it was offered, but a lot of choices seemed to make no difference in progressing, though some would detract, so I avoided detracting score. Did I just screw myself by not weighting my decisions more towards score (or lust), or is taking her to the party just really important if you were trying to do a Katie run? :unsure:
First of all, if you wish to path with any girl in the game, you need to known that is your choices that define which girl your are choosing as your romantic pair, for example. I mean, to follow a girl, you need more than Scores or Lust points, you also need to make the right choices to make that girl romancable.
The question is: Which girl in the game you are trying to take romance with? This question seems a little bit odd, but I need to known that to help you make the better romance path with her.

Reactions: Renfield42069

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
First of all, if you wish to path with any girl in the game, you need to known that is your choices that define which girl your are choosing as your romantic pair, for example. I mean, to follow a girl, you need more than Scores or Lust points, you also need to make the right choices to make that girl romancable.
The question is: Which girl in the game you are trying to take romance with? This question seems a little bit odd, but I need to known that to help you make the better romance path with her.
Right, fair enough. I think Phat already outlined some of the stuff I did wrong for me in the early game in regards to Katie; which is I did not check her data pad and I probably could have pushed further without her getting all uncomfortable if I had gone through stuff in order, which I'm not entirely sure I did. To be entirely honest, I don't really feel invested in any of the love interests. I like the setting, I think the story is interesting, but I'm not hooked into any one in particular. I seem to be in the extreme minority here in that I'd rather patch things up with the estranged wife, though that doesn't seem to be an option. Like you get a scene, but she's not a formal "love interest" from what I can tell, in that she's not even in little stat tracker thing thing dealio. So at the moment, in this run, seems like it's an Ellen run.

I'll probably do another run and try to explore Katie and Veronica's paths further, since Sonja doesn't seem to be a "legitimate" option.

Reactions: AlienEDM

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Any idea how many chapters will the game have?
There have been many speculations over the last 100 pages - just search "chapters" to see the current prognostications.
I can't help but laugh... That question has come up more times than I can even count... how many chapters? I was actually thinking of sending you to the search box myself when I read Son of Durin's post... Then I thought I could answer your question in the same time that would take so... here goes... one more time... just for you...

When Philly published Book One containing chapters 1-7 on Steam, he said that was the half way point. So, most of us are expecting 14 chapters or 14 with an epilogue. Philly put an epilogue and a bonus ending on his last game so no reason he would change that now is my general opinion. Hope that helps answer your question, my friend.

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)

unspecialkay

Dec 21, 2019
I can't help but laugh... That question has come up more times than I can even count... how many chapters? I was actually thinking of sending you to the search box myself when I read Son of Durin's post... Then I thought I could answer your question in the same time that would take so... here goes... one more time... just for you...

When Philly published Book One containing chapters 1-7 on Steam, he said that was the half way point. So, most of us are expecting 14 chapters or 14 with an epilogue. Philly put an epilogue and a bonus ending on his last game so no reason he would change that now is my general opinion. Hope that helps answer your question, my friend.

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)
I liked the devs last game so much that I rather wait for this one to be finished before I start it altogether. I seem to find more pleasurable to play the full game. I've avoided reading the post here as I don't want any spoilers. So thanks for the clarification.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I liked the devs last game so much that I rather wait for this one to be finished before I start it altogether. I seem to find more pleasurable to play the full game. I've avoided reading the post here as I don't want any spoilers. So thanks for the clarification.
The banner at the top of the OP will read "Completed" next to the title once it is finished. Then Philly will take a much deserved break and then on to his next project. Philly was vague on the details. It will be another sci fi title just not a direct sequel to CoBD. However, I believe it will be in the same game world reality as CoBD or something similar. I'm hoping it will be set in space. That would be cool but whatever it is, I've seen Philly's skills grow by leaps and bounds from DA through CoBD. So, whatever comes next should be even better still.:devilish:(y)

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: unspecialkay

Skrrt!

Oct 19, 2021
The banner at the top of the OP will read "Completed" next to the title once it is finished. Then Philly will take a much deserved break and then on to his next project. Philly was vague on the details. It will be another sci title just not a direct sequel to CoBD. However, I believe it will be in the same game world reality as CoBD or something similar. I'm hoping it will be set in space. That would be cool but whatever it is, I've seen Philly's skills grow by leaps and bounds from DA through CoBD. So, whatever comes next should be even better still.:devilish:(y)

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

I really enjoy his story telling. I noticed he likes the Dark story vibe & it's a good change from the common college vibe type of games. Sci-fi is definitely his thing tho. Interesting where it goes after Broken Dreamers is completed.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I really enjoy his story telling. I noticed he likes the Dark story vibe & it's a good change from the common college vibe type of games. Sci-fi is definitely his thing tho. Interesting where it goes after Broken Dreamers is completed.
A space sci-fi could be interesting in the hands of Philly, but I think exploring new territory might be even better. Something not done as much in AVNs. Maybe going back in time instead of forward. I have an interest in neolithic stories too ever sinc watching Der Mann aus dem Eis. Difficult to obtain assets for that, but I would love to see it if it were possible. But you are right, sci-fi is probably his niche. It will be difficult to top the atmosphere and music of COBD, but I'm sure it will be great whatever it is.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I made a mistake when tried to put a MOD on the game, I deleted some files then I got this

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

File "game/game/screens.rpy", line 1340, in script init -1 style modal_input_prompt:

File "game/game/screens.rpy", line 1341, in <module>
xalign gui.dialogue_text_xalign
AttributeError: StoreModule' object has no attribute 'dialogue_text_xalign"

-- Full Traceback
Full traceback:
File "game/game/screens.rpy", line 1340, in script
init -1 style modal_input_prompt:
File "D:\Game\New folder\BrokenDreamers-1.11.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2491, in execute
self.apply()
File "D:\Game\New folder\BrokenDreamers-1.11.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2474, in apply value renpy.python.py_eval(expr)
File "D:\Game\New folder\BrokenDreamers-1.11.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1961, in py eval
return py_eval_bytecode (code, globals, locals) File "D:\Game\New folder\BrokenDreamers-1.11.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1954, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/game/screens.rpy", line 1341, in <module> xalign gui.dialogue_text_xalign
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute dialogue_text_xalign
Best bet: if you still have the zip, just delete what you did and unpack again. Put the mod in the right place (or don't use it). Better, easier and faster than trying to chase a fix in the files.

Reactions: PapaPhat
Jul 19, 2021
if i use mods with games like this, i alwayse make sure to unzip the file contents in a seperate folder, create a "Game" folder & move it all in there (exept for any readme files)

Reactions: Son of Durin
4.70 star(s) 422 Votes