PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
if i use mods with games like this, i alwayse make sure to unzip the file contents in a seperate folder, create a "Game" folder & move it all in there (exept for any readme files)
Philly doesn't plagiarize from other sources. He doesn't copy ideas. This is not a remake of Blade Runner by any means. CoBD does, however, evoke a similar mood without being a direct copy of anything from Blade Runner. I love Ridley Scott's original work. I love Philly's original work. Copying other's ideas is not original.

Oh... if you do want to see direct rip offs of the Blade Runner style holographic advertising, just check out Altered Carbon on Netflix. You can get a full dose of the copy cat holographic nostalgia there.

Adventure ever on friend, Phat:cool:(y)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlienEDM

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Philly doesn't plagiarize from other sources. He doesn't copy ideas. This is not a remake of Blade Runner by any means. CoBD does, however, evoke a similar mood without being a direct copy of anything from Blade Runner. I love Ridley Scott's original work. I love Philly's original work. Copying other's ideas is not original.

Oh... if you do want to see direct rip offs of the Blade Runner style holographic advertising, just check out Altered Carbon on Netflix. You can get a full dose of the copy cat holographic nostalgia there.

Adventure ever on friend, Phat:cool:(y)
I never say "copy" other ideas, I was just sarcastic about that idea of hologram in COBD. But, of course, hologram idea is not exclusive of Blade Runner, a lot of game has this idea, including Cyberpunk 2077.

Reactions: PapaPhat

der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020

1670097780671.png

Oh boy, it is almost holiday time. Don't worry I wont do anything yet but as I said last week I do have gifts for you guys. I may expand on that set the week after next :p

For this last week, I split my priorities between rendering and writing. A few scenes have been setup into the game build proper, I also have pushed the render count to close to 700 now.

The following weeks I will be going with the same strategy of a half render/animation work and half writing. Also over the holidays I plan to have everything apart from lewd scenes written since I will be stuck at my mom's for a week. Sorry, but I have to be the good son and make sure she is not alone over the holidays. So, writing while I am there will make good use of my time.

As always guys, stay awesome!

Philly

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I never say "copy" other ideas, I was just sarcastic about that idea of hologram in COBD. But, of course, hologram idea is not exclusive of Blade Runner, a lot of game has this idea, including Cyberpunk 2077.
Right, many games and films use it making it an unoriginal concept. You kinda proved my point for me there, my friend. Thanks :)

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

View attachment 2211302

Oh boy, it is almost holiday time. Don't worry I wont do anything yet but as I said last week I do have gifts for you guys. I may expand on that set the week after next :p

For this last week, I split my priorities between rendering and writing. A few scenes have been setup into the game build proper, I also have pushed the render count to close to 700 now.

The following weeks I will be going with the same strategy of a half render/animation work and half writing. Also over the holidays I plan to have everything apart from lewd scenes written since I will be stuck at my mom's for a week. Sorry, but I have to be the good son and make sure she is not alone over the holidays. So, writing while I am there will make good use of my time.

As always guys, stay awesome!

Philly
Not much in the way of numbers, but still an interesting update. Philly has completed somewhere in the vicinity of 50 renders this week. If we arbitrarily assume it was ~53, that would match his overall average since Chapter 12 launched. So let's do that! No word on animations, so we're probably still holding at 39. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We're getting close to a standard chapter's art totals (approximately 1000 static renders and 50 animations), but there's still several weeks of work left. Based on what Philly said, it sounds like the render rate will slow over the holidays. Realistically that means we're probably looking at a release in mid-February rathe than the late January the charts might suggest on their own. But we'll have to see how things shake out as we get closer.

In the meantime, this is a pretty cool preview. It's two characters we've almost never seen interact, and the setting is something other than the nondescript rooms we've seen a zillion times already. Definitely looking forward to this!

snowman44

Jul 10, 2017
Some characters imply you'll have more content with them, but the game also feels like it's gonna end in a chapter or two. I can't imagine someone like say Kleo having many opportunities with the MC if we're going for the ending.

• Thinking Face

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Some characters imply you'll have more content with them, but the game also feels like it's gonna end in a chapter or two. I can't imagine someone like say Kleo having many opportunities with the MC if we're going for the ending.
Pretty much. Expect Chapter 13 to be smaller and shorter than before, likely at a cliffhanger where we have to choose things to fate, then the next chapter being the perverbal end.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
I think Philly willl probably remake some plots when the last chapter is released. He maybe will redo some paths and put some new dialogues and options with some characters. Or he will probably make some DLC or something like that. Just my expeculation, nothing oficial from him.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
She is not naked, she is wearing a top or something like that. You saw just a light reflection, because she is not naked. :LOL: :LOL:
I agree, my friend. Sonja is likely wearing a strapless top or dress... Well... it is Sonja... strapless top... hahaha:ROFLMAO: Pretty sure that Sonja doesn't even own a dress. But, I love her all the same. I love all of the girls in the game with two exceptions, Shanlon and Meredith. The difference between those two is that if push comes to shove, I will actually fuck Shanlon. I wouldn't fuck Meredith with YOUR dick! Maybe shove a spiked bat up there... just to hear her screams of agony...
1670108884140.png

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
if i use mods with games like this, i alwayse make sure to unzip the file contents in a seperate folder, create a "Game" folder & move it all in there (exept for any readme files)
I do the unzip in a separate folder and just cut the files into the exiting "game" folder, unless it unzips with its own, then just cut the game folder into the main. No problems yet.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I've always ask with myself why City of Broken Dreamers has no holograms like the one in the movie BladeRunner 2049? Is Philly short on money to pay an actress to make a nude hologram or what?:LOL::LOL:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Idea: hard-light hologram that you can physically interact with that becomes selectively transparent at the point of climax and allows you to see your cum shot flooding the area.

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
So I just played through the whole game for the first time. Did the dev just expect everyone to fall head over heels for Victoria? Because I found her non romance or spellbound path a big let down, and it doesn't even make much sense for the story.

In chapter 10 the whole thing falls apart if you are not on one of Victoria's paths. Since I wasn't, my last interaction with her was in chapter 4 when we had a fight in her apartment. Before that we had a fight when she broke into my apartment, then for the next 6 chapter she blatantly works against us. Yet out of the blue, for no reason what so ever, in chapter 10 the MC has the genius idea that Victoria could help the team. This make absolutely no sense if you are not pursuing her one way or another. Why would he think this if every interaction they had were negative?

Then you have a meeting in her foster parents' house, which (dumbed down) pretty much goes like this:
Victoria: "I didn't know the whole picture, now I'm going to help you."
MC: "Ok."

There's no option to tell her to shove her offer up her ass, there's no branching dialogue based on how you treated her (I made a new playthrough where I straight up tried to assault her when we grabbed the special ammo yet not a word difference), no catharsis, just all around anti-climactic really.

And to add insult to injury, in the last chapter you bring her to your base, where your whole team says they don't trust her, and you have no say in how the MC reacts. He default says he trusts her, no option to say something like "I don't trust her, but she's our only shot" or similar. Well I don't trust her, and it doesn't make any sense that the MC would either if he's not involved with her. This really took me out of the whole experience.

Which is a shame, because up until this I really loved the game.
/End rant.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So I just played through the whole game for the first time. Did the dev just expect everyone to fall head over heels for Victoria? Because I found her non romance or spellbound path a big let down, and it doesn't even make much sense for the story.
well needs to get her to be part of harem.

4.70 star(s) 422 Votes