PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The development process is slow, why is that?
There are several reasons for the length of time it takes Philly to release new updates...

1) Philly is a perfectionist and refuses to release substandard crap. Each release is quality checked and play tested to ensure there are no bugs or glitches in the release.

2) Philly releases extended play updates that give the player at least 45 minutes to an hour or more of new game play with each new update.

3) Philly custom renders all characters, animations, scenes and the items we see in those scenes. EVERYTHING has that custom Philly touch.

4) Like all humans, Philly needs down time to rest, relax and recharge. He takes breaks for this and we have to wait a bit longer for updates occasionally on account of this.

5) You can never rush art. It is finished when it is finished. It is the same with brilliance and genius, you cannot rush it, ever.

I have been following Philly Games for a few years now, since CoBD was only two chapters long. We are approaching the end now yet still have another eight to ten months before we will see the last update and completion of this game. So, have patience, young padawan... Good things come to those who wait...

Reminds me of the old TV ads from the 1970's that Orson Welles did for Paul Masson Wine...
We will sell no wine before its time... Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

Reactions: GraphicusRex

JValkonian

Nov 29, 2022
Glad to hear you enjoyed the experience, my friend. :)

As I said earlier, for the time it was released DA is an amazing game. I am hard pressed to think of any other older titles that have held up nearly as well. However, CoBD IS without a doubt a far superior title due to Philly's growing skill sets, fully custom renders and animations, sharp story sense and realism of character creation among other reasons.

I'm hard pressed to believe that you uncovered ALL of the scenes and paths in DA in a single weekend. If you go to the scene gallery, you will see a combination of blanks and question marks showing those places where you missed a twist or turn. Some will show a somewhat blurry image in black and white, others just a blank thumbnail with a question mark on it. There are 45 total animated scenes to uncover by making different choices in subsequent plays.

There is nothing saying that you must unlock all of the content if you prefer to play the path you chose and stop, that is fine. I'm not telling you that you must make additional plays to unlock everything. If that is not for you then I am glad you enjoyed the path you took. CoBD and DA are both the same in that respect... There are many paths from which to choose. Some folks prefer to choose one path, play that and be done. As for me, I must see it all.:devilish: If that makes me greedy for content... then I am gladly greedy for content!:devilish: Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Again, as previously stated, I am glad to hear you enjoyed the experience. IMHO, Philly is the best of the best in AVN development, hands down, no holds barred... the best.

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)
I definitely did not uncover ALL the scenes and paths in DA. I did one path to the ending. I tried some different scene/paths from different save points but always went back to my original path I wanted to go by.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
I just start playing COBD, and, damn, this is good. I can't understand why I postponed playing it so long. The story, characters, renders, animations, music... Damn, ANIMATIONS. Everything is top level. Currently on chapter 6, after chapter 12 I'm going to play DA, hope for an equal quality.
I have to "disappoint" you right there, brother. DA is Philly's previous work, so it doesn't have the same visual quality of CoBD. Although, you're gonna enjoy the great story there. Plus, these five letters will make it all be damn worth it.

C A R L I

Have fun!

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I just start playing COBD, and, damn, this is good. I can't understand why I postponed playing it so long. The story, characters, renders, animations, music... Damn, ANIMATIONS. Everything is top level. Currently on chapter 6, after chapter 12 I'm going to play DA, hope for an equal quality.
Don't listen to the peanut gallery... If you want an honest opinion of Depraved Awakening vs CoBD, click the link to my previous post on the subject a bit further north up the page here... DA is an older title but it is still Philly... just has some older assets...

https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-broken-dreamers-v1-12-1-ch-12-phillygames.25739/post-9729708

Enjoy and adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)

Reactions: PBS666

Fiufia

Jun 25, 2021
just a simple rude asshole passing by hear a beautiful conversation between two true gentlemen, the respect the exquisite words echoing in this poor asshole's head.
making him think, beautiful maybe i should change and try to be more refined and respectful. then he notices a beautiful elegant woman approaching the two gentlemen. his eyes locked on this stunning woman in the most refined dress he had ever seen.
the heartbeat rises in anticipation, how this elegant and refined woman will approach this two gentleman what exquisite words will come out of her mouth.
and then she speak. the poor asshole once again get stunned. but this time not by exquisite words he can't believe what he hear, how this beautiful elegant woman can be so rude to interrupt such a beautiful conversation to shout something so vulgar, how this beautiful elegant woman can have a mind so weak and insecure that needs to shout to the whole world something she don't like in the most vulgar and rude way possible.

and then this poor asshole once again lost in their thoughts reached the conclusion. damn f that I don't want to look like a fake b. and this poor asshole will be a asshole for the rest of his life

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FunFuntomes

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
just a simple rude asshole passing by hear a beautiful conversation between two true gentlemen, the respect the exquisite words echoing in this poor asshole's head.
making him think, beautiful maybe i should change and try to be more refined and respectful. then he notices a beautiful elegant woman approaching the two gentlemen. his eyes locked on this stunning woman in the most refined dress he had ever seen.
the heartbeat rises in anticipation, how this elegant and refined woman will approach this two gentleman what exquisite words will come out of her mouth.
and then she speak. the poor asshole once again get stunned. but this time not by exquisite words he can't believe what he hear, how this beautiful elegant woman can be so rude to interrupt such a beautiful conversation to shout something so vulgar, how this beautiful elegant woman can have a mind so weak and insecure that needs to shout to the whole world something she don't like in the most vulgar and rude way possible.

and then this poor asshole once again lost in their thoughts reached the conclusion. damn f that I don't want to look like a fake b. and this poor asshole will be a asshole for the rest of his life
Just dropped by the thread and this is the first thing I see :WaitWhat: :LUL:
gary-coleman-whatchu-talkin-bout-willis.gif

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat
4.70 star(s) 422 Votes