ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
When you all jumping on band wagon „no story progress in last update“, I will do some dissent for change. I can't say you're wrong.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I feel that the story is finally picking up speed again That after long lolling around city, MC is ready to act again.

So, yea, I think that Philly made some mistakes, but your band wagon is heading in the wrong direction.

My apology for long post. I don't do that normally.
I can't agree. Chapter 12 and Chapter 13 end on what is effectively the same cliffhanger: the time has come to take the fight to Baynard. Yet despite promising that in Chapter 12, the only thing that happens in this chapter even tangentially related to advancing the raid is the MC deciding to stock up on ammo in the least sensible manner possible. Well, the least sensible manner possible that doesn't involve Sasha; better clarify that lest Philly retroactively add her in when the next chapter comes out. :rolleyes:

As you say, the story ran into trouble ages ago. Personally I don't think that's much of an excuse; the fact that Philly has let the situation continue to deteriorate rather than try to fix the underlying problem is a perfectly valid complaint. But even if we agree not to belabor that point any further, the fact remains that the story within this episode was half-assed. Nothing happened. If the montage that ended this episode was used to open Chapter 14 instead, do you think anyone skipping from Chapter 12 straight to Chapter 14 would miss anything?

I don't - save perhaps wondering why the MC was too stupid to top off his ammo before "the craziest run of all time."

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I can't agree. Chapter 12 and Chapter 13 end on what is effectively the same cliffhanger: the time has come to take the fight to Baynard. Yet despite promising that in Chapter 12, the only thing that happens in this chapter even tangentially related to advancing the raid is the MC deciding to stock up on ammo in the least sensible manner possible. Well, the least sensible manner possible that doesn't involve Sasha; better clarify that lest Philly retroactively add her in when the next chapter comes out. :rolleyes:

As you say, the story ran into trouble ages ago. Personally I don't think that's much of an excuse; the fact that Philly has let the situation continue to deteriorate rather than try to fix the underlying problem is a perfectly valid complaint. But even if we agree not to belabor that point any further, the fact remains that the story within this episode was half-assed. Nothing happened. If the montage that ended this episode was used to open Chapter 14 instead, do you think anyone skipping from Chapter 12 straight to Chapter 14 would miss anything?

I don't - save perhaps wondering why the MC was too stupid to top off his ammo before "the craziest run of all time."
I could understand chapter 12 being more introspective after all Jake and Sonja lost a friend and a place were they could ressuply, Venus lost her creator (specially bigger shock if she started developing a will) and the rest of the team was down after losing their refuge thanks to the cyborg Redmoon.
Even if we discount the waste of space and render time which is Sasha, she is a eye candy that adds nothing to the story, the plot was still more or less moving forward.

But yeah chapter 13 has very few on the way of story. Even if i enjoyed the sex scene between Abby, Chandra and Jake it came at the worst time possible, but i guess that was the only slot the developer had available after wasting so much time with Sasha in previous chapters.

And also why is Shanlon calling everytime now to ask the same thing (where is my story?) and why it is always acompanied of some sex scene too?
I like Shanlon but c'mon. The actual plot, their plan to attack Baynard, ends up rushed and full of silly things like the fact Jake somehow can enter his apartment and there isn't a single merc, robot or surveillance equipment guarding the place. Or how he can walk the streets without being caught by cameras or by patrols, however Chandra and Abby are literally able to track him down easily.

In my opinion chapter 14 will need to be mostly focused on the story to mitigate this issue.:censored:

Reactions: iev

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
And also why is Shanlon calling everytime now to ask the same thing (where is my story?) and why it is always acompanied of some sex scene too?
I like Shanlon but c'mon. The actual plot, their plan to attack Baynard, ends up rushed and full of silly things like the fact Jake somehow can enter his apartment and there isn't a single merc, robot or surveillance equipment guarding the place. Or how he can walk the streets without being caught by cameras or by patrols, however Chandra and Abby are literally able to track him down easily.
The worst part is that Chandra simply calling Jake would have made far more sense. ( That's how she joined him in the last 5-6 episodes after all ). It would have led to the same result ( the hotel, the threesome, their involvement with the concert... ) but the suspension of disbelief wouldn't have been shattered by the fact Chandra & Abby seem to be better trackers than Baynard's milice. The whole thing was just sloppy.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Nah bro, it would be better the other way around: ganging up with your teen fucktoy girlfriend and her horny BFF to sexually humiliate your new mother-in-law every time she crosses the line. I'm sure Victoria would be eager to join in the fun every now and then too.
Same with Doc and Ellen. Lot of pent up rage there.

• Haha
Reactions: syh653 and Aristos

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
The last time I played this was when they all went back to the Noir. What can I expect for playtime from then and now?

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
Was there an update to this?
The link is among the new updates page but the changelog states 1.10.1 is still current version. Anything new here?

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
OK, I felt I was being a bit harsh with a game I used to love not so much ago, so I decided to do a quick run while taking notes to see if this is actually going as bad as it feels. Spoiler: it is.

Book 1 goes from the Prologue scene to Gloria's outburst at her dad's apartment. That's 7 chapters covering 7 in-game days (actually 8, as the prologue takes place the night before Ellen calls MC to offer him the job). There a lot of sex scenes if you take every chance (up to around 16 of them in one single playthrough, if I'm not mistaken) but you rarely get the impression they are blocking the story. Almost everything flows smoothly and in a reasonable way, according to the setting and the info given about the different sides fighting for Gloria. Meanwhile, the current content for Book 2 covers 4 and a half days in 6 chapters really packed with action and sex scenes. I think that's a big reason why we feel things are not moving steadily enough: we don't get a full-day action per release on average, but god those hours are cramped. As Philly doesn't like to close sexual paths and players tend to take most of those chances (that's on us), you can easily be fucking 3 out of 4 main girls plus all the side ones, and that's when you get this feeling of nothing going on except for sex scenes followed by some dramatic encounter... that doesn't solve anything.

The worst offender would be the period covered by chapters 10 and 11: after getting up at the motel, the MC goes around the city for hours, mainly by walk (he goes in and out of Mil-town several times), and can have sex up to 6 times (Ellen's at the Stairway, Katie at her office, Sonja at the bar, Victoria at the hills, Shanlon in her office, and Chandra on Meredith's bed) before resting a couple of hours, fucking Gloria after waking up and, still at dark, freeing Sasha, talking to Todd to get his car fixed, and getting to the Noir with the whole gang after facing the Red Moon; in chapter 12 he still can fuck Ellen once again before actually going to sleep and visiting Victoria in the evening only to be caught in the half-assed black-op Meredith orders to take Vic out (then, even if you already committed to Ellen or Victoria, you can still fuck Katie and also get one of Sasha's scenes before both the day and the chapter end). Even a celibate or a single-LI-focused playthrough suffers from this event creep, as you don't get as many sex scenes but are forced anyway to head to their starting point, and most of those build-up scenes, as well as the rest of non-lewd events, make little sense in the context of the story and feel not very well thought out in terms of characterization, worldbuilding and even timeframe.

But, what's actually going on?

Then the real shit begins. Remember, we left Book 1 on Day 7 evening.

Yay.

Syn7

Mar 25, 2021
Anyone know how to get the last Victoria scene in the gallery, from the new chapter? I played through my various saves and didn't get it. Is it a spellbound (or whatever its called) one? Cause I haven't done a playthrough like that yet.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
HEre is the thing, boo:
you are stuck in your head waaAAaaay too much to see the story.
Stop for a minute or two.
Admire the scenery.
Think up actual plot stringing the encounters.
Otherwise, you are stuck unable to summarize a convincing plot with tension and intrigue.
All of this makes you trip up and get anxious while the whole story runs over your head.
everything flows smoothly and in a reasonable way, according to the setting and the info given about the different sides fighting
you get this feeling of nothing going on
What is going on is the story - all about the many people MC gets to interact with.
This game gives you undiluted convos and wastes little to no time
narrating boring connection tissue over your head.

This game does not hold your hand and ease you into a kindergarten story:
-.- about a wolf in sheep clothing,
-.- a naughty granma luring unsuspecting kids to her cave, or
-.- the revelation it was the queen who seemed to have it all
who, on the contrarry, plotted and ruined the kingdom,
by persecuting up until downright murder - her step daughter
and plain old poisoned her king.

This game is about one MC with many connections in the forces of many private corpo heads,
connections in the law enforcement plus all the many informants and/or investigated parties
he struck a connection or two while doing his various jobs up until this game catches up to him.

So the underlying story is waaAAAaaaay bigger and more intricate than the simple ideas
we can all deduce off the mere interactions or short teasing/banter/antagonizing convos
we can go through in any given playthrough, whichever path we would choose.

The fact many players do not have the capacity or will to cram story in their play time,
that is obviously on them and should never be put on the shoulders of this wonderful dev.

Whomever wants a novel with everything offscreen lore the likes of fellowship of the rings
or game of thrones should commission the dev and see for themselves
if there is any time or will for omething like this, not to mention whether there would be any
lee way from the fervent supporters to halt the game for who knows how many months
until a novel is put together for the fans who demand ample narration
out of game so much action packed it is a staple of great gaming.

Last edited:

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
LIMITED FREEDOM:

I haven't played this title for a while, the writing is still good and somewhat consistent but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed about the hot scenes in general, especially when it comes to player agency seeing how choices are much more limited now than how they used to be most notably the climax and how scenes end, you mostly have no control over it during the second half of the game.

ANAL AGE:

I also noticed that Anal scenes feel so forced and unavoidable, I don't mind Anal sex every now and then to spice things up but they seem to be the main focus of every new encounter I have seen, as a fan of vaginas it saddens me to see regular sex being replaced by ass fucking, and despite having mutliple encounters with one of my favorite characters in the game (Shanlon) we still haven't visited her pussy yet and that's just one example of many, most of the other characters start sex vaginally then they end up getting ass fucked as if it's the end goal of every session which is not the case for many players like me.

KEEP IN MIND:

I rarely criticize the works of this dev since he produces one of the highest quality products of this genre but I felt the need to leave my honest thoughts here just in case they could count for something or perhaps not..Maybe the new generation of players prefer assholes over pussies, each to their own I guess...Peace out.

4.70 star(s) 416 Votes