rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
soo this looks like it might be the last update before the end of the game. have you been thinking of making other games as well or will you just stop making games permanently after this one ? hope you continue as this kind of quality needs to be saved.

Reactions: ziggy81

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
soo this looks like it might be the last update before the end of the game. have you been thinking of making other games as well or will you just stop making games permanently after this one ? hope you continue as this kind of quality needs to be saved.
Think he said his next VN will be in the same universe as this.

Reactions: ziggy81 and xapican

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
2024-jan-2.jpg

Dev Update #197

Alright I am still working on the customs today and require a bit more work so those will be out tomorrow morning for Ghosts and up. The poll was SUPER close, as in just a few votes. The augments pulled it across the line.
Now we shall make this part quick. Decent week, got a bit done on all fronts. We are sitting around 1580 renders now, got a couple more animations in as well bringing that up to 103. And a couple more scenes are written.

Now back to it!

As always guys, stay awesome!
Philly

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3301547

Dev Update #197

Alright I am still working on the customs today and require a bit more work so those will be out tomorrow morning for Ghosts and up. The poll was SUPER close, as in just a few votes. The augments pulled it across the line.
Now we shall make this part quick. Decent week, got a bit done on all fronts. We are sitting around 1580 renders now, got a couple more animations in as well bringing that up to 103. And a couple more scenes are written.

Now back to it!

As always guys, stay awesome!
Philly
Let's see, it looks like Philly completed around 50 static renders and 2 animations this week. We're also finally able to resolve the recent ambiguity about the animation total, implying we were near the high side of our estimates last week; that's always nice to see. Overall, that brings Philly's average to roughly 51 renders and .3 animations per week since Chapter 14 launched. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Our march to the unquantifiable future continues apace. It still doesn't sound like Philly is nearing the end of his planned scenes, so odds are I'll have to extend the charts let again in the near future. Not the worst problem to have, certainly, but it does underscore how big the final chapter is shaping up to be. We're already more than twice the animation count of the average chapter, and by next week (assuming the current rate holds) we'd be at about twice the render size as well. There's going to be a lot to see.

Case in point, the preview image is an odd team up. It certainly implies we might be getting some goofier, non-canonical vignettes, similar to Depraved Awakening, with the final chapter rather than in an epilogue. That could be fun. :) But for now, back to waiting.

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
You mean that there is nothing in /Contents/MacOS ?
Everything but the usual unix file with the game name for me to click on. As I usually do whenever a game refuses to start in the usual way. When I click the icon it shows this
Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 17.28.49.png

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
View attachment 3304322

The doc called BrokenDreamers isn't clickable.
Well, this confirmed what I suspected.
The Unix executable is right there (BrokenDreamers), but it has lost its execute permission. That's why it wont start the game.
BTW, your screenshot shows the contents of /Contents/MacOS/lib/darwinx86-64. There should be another Unix executable higher up in the folder hierarchy, in /Contents/MacOS
Does not really matter. When one of them has lost that execute permission, the game wont start anyway.
The good news: this is easy to fix.
Also, when you need to resort to using the Unix executable (which is a viable method), that means the game got quarantined by Gatekeeper. Again, easy to fix.

See this post of mine on how to fix things: https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-broken-dreamers-v1-14-0-ch-14-phillygames.25739/post-11089555

Reactions: BlenderGuy

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
Well, this confirmed what I suspected.
The Unix executable is right there (BrokenDreamers), but it has lost its execute permission. That's why it wont start the game.
BTW, your screenshot shows the contents of /Contents/MacOS/lib/darwinx86-64. There should be another Unix executable higher up in the folder hierarchy, in /Contents/MacOS
Does not really matter. When one of them has lost that execute permission, the game wont start anyway.
The good news: this is easy to fix.
Also, when you need to resort to using the Unix executable (which is a viable method), that means the game got quarantined by Gatekeeper. Again, easy to fix.

See this post of mine on how to fix things: https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-broken-dreamers-v1-14-0-ch-14-phillygames.25739/post-11089555
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated! I kinda understand now you've explained it.

Reactions: PBS666
Dec 6, 2023
Havin Sonja the chatoic and problematic screaming girl every man falls in love, and Betty a AAA+ Milf this game conquered my heart, a great rival for MilfyCity

Reactions: AlienEDM
4.70 star(s) 420 Votes