RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Other than the main LIs i only believe a ending is possible with Venus because of the recent big development she got.

Shanlon was always going to be the hook up with no feelings, Kleo is just a recurring character (my guess is the dev got afraid of how much bigotry there could be between his patrons:unsure: ) and Sasha was always just a waste of space in a game already full of eye candy.

• Angry
Reactions: Nulldev

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Other than the main LIs i only believe a ending is possible with Venus because of the recent big development she got.

Shanlon was always going to be the hook up with no feelings, Kleo is just a recurring character (my guess is the dev got afraid of how much bigotry there could be between his patrons:unsure: ) and Sasha was always just a waste of space in a game already full of eye candy.
Sasha is good.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
What about the next Philly's game? I've heard here in this same forum that Philly is intending to make a prequel of COBD, with MC and Sonja traveling to another city, just for the next game... if that is true, if Philly is intending to add sonja to his next game, so, Sonja MUST survive to COBD ending or there will be a "script fail" if she is alive in the next game.
Actually he has stated the events of his nest game will happen some time after CoBD, so it is more likely that it will be some sort of sequel than a prequel and because Sonja suggested to the MC to move in another city and restart to work together, the answer to your question is: yes, there is a chance Sonja and MC will play an important part in this sequel.

Reactions: AlienEDM

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
What about the next Philly's game? I've heard here in this same forum that Philly is intending to make a prequel of COBD, with MC and Sonja traveling to another city, just for the next game... if that is true, if Philly is intending to add sonja to his next game, so, Sonja MUST survive to COBD ending or there will be a "script fail" if she is alive in the next game.
well if was prequel then it'd need to happen way before oldest persons in this game were born so like 60 years in past.

we don't know much else on next game except same universe.

• Haha

Noelle Silva

Jul 18, 2019
View attachment 3323316
Dev Update #198

Wow I had trouble picking a shot today. I was initially worried, but this morning, when i started doing the post work on all the renders there was so much cool shit to choose from. I kind of forgot all the scenes that had been created with really cool shots. The one above I found stood out in particular.

So yes, good week and on all fronts. Breached 1600 renders lol. So now over 1640 renders. Also made a couple really cool animations taking us to 105 animations and more items written out. I think end of next week things will finally really take shape for that final push.
Also figured I'll show a screen from one of the animations with some effects added on it. Also I love the gunships and just seeing the light flying across the cockpit is just really cool.

View attachment 3323317

So yeah, certainly a fun week with interesting shots.

As always guys, stay awesome!

Philly
This is becoming almost twice as a big as the average CoBD update

Teras Galazio

Jan 9, 2024
This is becoming almost twice as a big as the average CoBD update
I really wish Philly listens to the people that tell him:chill,take your time and don't sweat.Had a block in writing for example?Good,that means you care so much more than it's worth.

Take a vacation and release all the stress if you have any.I honestly don't care if the chapter comes this month or during summer.Let him make it as satisfying as possible for the whole audience if that something he's been thinking of is making it more interesting from his perspective.He already proved his talent.

If anything comes with any sort of backlash,ok then.I'm sure he tried his best.All I'm saying is,i really appreciate this project.Are we waiting for the destination to be revealed in the horizon? Absolutely!

Have i enjoyed this journey the most during it's period?Damn right i have!

Just saying guys,just saying.

• Haha
Reactions: BorgiaBou

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
well if was prequel then it'd need to happen way before oldest persons in this game were born so like 60 years in past.

we don't know much else on next game except same universe.
As Idontplay corrected my post, the Philly next game will supposely to be a "Sequel", not a Prequel of COBD. I made a mistake by stating that Philly next game will be a Prequel. Idontplay user is correct.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
As Idontplay corrected my post, the Philly next game will supposely to be a "Sequel", not a Prequel of COBD. I made a mistake by stating that Philly next game will be a Prequel. Idontplay user is correct.
A sequel? Interesting.
Wonder which characters will be the ones making the bridge between the two games. Bet on recurring characters since there are too many possible ending choices for the main cast. :unsure:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Some sort of sequel, not an actual sequel. We don't know if this new game will be a sequel of CoBd like "Harry Potter and the chamber of secret" was a sequel of "H. P. and the philosopher's stone" (same universe, same main characters, same main story), if it will be a sequel like "Indiana Jones and the temple of doom" was a sequel of "I. J. and the lost ark raiders" (same universe, same main characters, different story) or if it will be a sequel like "Star Track; the next generation" was a sequel of "S. T.; the original series" (same universe, different main characters and different story). For now it seems it will be a sequel like the Indiana Jones ones, but this is only a plausble speculation; in my opinion it is the most plausible.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
A sequel? Interesting.
Wonder which characters will be the ones making the bridge between the two games. Bet on recurring characters since there are too many possible ending choices for the main cast. :unsure:
none, prolly just mentioned somewhere if at all.

Noelle Silva

Jul 18, 2019
Still shorter than the average BaDik update
Because it's bloated with irrelevant side-girls. Also DPC will change the pose of characters or facial expressions slightly and call it a new render. That's why the render count is so high.

Philly will spend more time on each render so they look as good as possible. And he doesn't change poses/expression with every click to increase render counts

P3zz0

MP-40 Enjoyer
Donor
Compressor
Jul 8, 2017
This is a game thread related to City of Broken Dreamers, all discussions and content should remain centered around said game at all time per our rules that you can find HERE for full clarity.
This is not a recommendation thread nor an offtopic debate thread about "why BaDik Le Bad".
This is your first and last warning before more severe actions are being taken by the moderation team, including direct warnings and thread bans.
You have all been warned, I wish for your better judgement to prevail.

4.70 star(s) 420 Votes