bauman

Sep 11, 2018
I saw a couple of comments mentioning some scenes that are not present in 0.17.1 so here's 0.17.2 release with them included. From the devs' own postings from july there are some bugs in this releaset, so be warned before downloading. Otherwise wait for the next public release when the bugs will be ironed out.

Claire's Quest 0.17.2

CHANGELOG:

* Bullpen added to Chemont Town; there is also a Job Quest linking Stables to Bullpen, but it won't activate for saved games. The entire thing is still doable, but it just won't register on the journal if you're using a saved game.
* New "milking" scene available in Bullpen.
* New "mating" scene available in Bullpen.
* Kennels job can now be advanced slightly, provided you completed Wolves At The Door (Rangers) and did the regular dog-walking job before.
* Evie added to Chemont Town, with Bullpen encounter
* Isobelle added to Chemont Town, with post-Stables encounter
* New dog sprite added
* New ghost sprite added
* Leftover BGS when learning lockpicking fixed
* Tile issues in Fallwater fixed
* Mouse-hovering issue in interactive travel map fixed
* Marker doesn't disappear for Concerned Kin quest when entering the refugee camp in Hookton - fixed
* Quest progression and Prologue master switch missing when leaving Prologue - fixed
* Thieves introduction quest refers to Chad without introduction - fixed
* Missing an erase event in the pub basement pissplay scene - fixed
* Street whoring sends you to rooftop by accident with certain instances - fixed
** Marker doesn't disappear during CG scenes - aware of issue, but still figuring out solution

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Sneak Peek: Manticore Alchemy

Sneak peek of the first part of the alchemical jobline, featuring Aiyana, the Gypsy rebel and innovator you will meet at the end of Karland's questline!

The first component Claire can experiment with is the Manticore Tail, which possesses paralytic properties... But, whoops! Are they properly prepared to handle the experiment...? ;P

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Blog 156-160

Hello all and welcome to another blog post! We've been hammering out a lot of things these few weeks, so a bit of technicality in this post!
So, regarding our latest version of Claire's Quest, as with all major area introductions we've run into a couple of persistently recurring bugs and glitches. However I feel we've pretty much caught and ironed them out at this point. Chief problem identified is some of our custom scripts clash 'visually' with the more generic scripts we're using. Basically they don't play well together and mess up the UI of each other but we've sorted that. It did delay a lot of custom stuff like alchemist jobline for a time though.

Also as we've re-introduced Rathpike we have a few transition problems where there's missing fadeouts and fadeins and things like that but I think thanks to our patrons and their early access we've weeded them out.

We've also had recurring hiccups with the CG sets, particularly for the breeding ranch segment. Specifically regarding the costume and corruption aspect, we've listened to some feedback from the concept art reception and gone back to the drawing board to tweak certain things. For instance, body piercings, apparently not everyone's cup of tea, but we'd still like to make it an option, so we've worked at making it an "addon" type item on top of existing costume design (removing it as a 'must have' option).

We also redesigned the costumes pertaining to the corruption of breeding ranch employees a bit. And that's had us go back to already-complete CG sets and redo them to match them up, so that's obviously a timesink. But the framework and foundations for the first breeding ranch scene is extremely important because we pretty much can't change anything once it's too far in.

Aaaaand we've also had to wait on some new assets because I realized quest progression was confusing when all the mercenaries looked the same in Rathpike. This is a no-no because they're actually working out of different factions so should have a visual difference between them. So, had to wait on new assets and assign them to different factions.

We've also had a few staff discussions to iron out the kinks in the development process, and that will hopefully streamline things a bit. Our team has grown over the years and it felt necessary to pause, take a breather, and coordinate our approach, as going forward we've had a few unnecessary roundabouts due to so many people working in conjunction on different things at different speeds, not to mention the multitude of areas, characters, and questlines.

However we should be all set now. And the wait is good, too, because we've been able to successfully wait on a couple of new scenes that I'm really quite excited for and wanted to bring in ASAP. In particular, we've got the first alchemist scene, which comes after the culmination of Karland's questline, and the return of the Badlands area!

Would ideally like Dargan Mining Town back in as well, but the whole area needs more testing due to the tileswap from default and I may drop Badlands first.

Possible approach is public release of 0.17.3 first, for the public players, which will be a mostly-unchanged 0.17.2 that catches all the bugs and glitches we found there.

Then patrons will get 0.18, which will go out to the public afterwards. 0.18 will have both Badlands, Dargan Mining Town, and breeding ranch from Chemont.

Only question is whether or not to put Badlands into 0.17.3 for the public version, but it's in need of a lot of hammering out due to the foundations for the new alchemist content so I guess it'll depend on whether I'm confident in it's playability by this week.

Anyway, that's all for now, tune in next time for more news!

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
Overall excellent game. I think that the game starts off with a pretty dire premise, but doesn't really build off that. Game feels more like good guy Claire trying to go around and solving ppl's problems. I wish the energy upgrades came in earlier in the game too and more often. I hope that there are more ways to raise stats besides the cheat menu. I remember there being an NPC that sells stat raising items but he disappears forever if you take a certain choice in a certain quest. Also would love a way to change the speed of the text. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Reactions: T800 and greenp

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
So I decided to get the debt, but I can't travel anywhere without paying it. Where am I supposed to pay the 1000 silver debt?

zilirin

Aug 19, 2018
My game freezes when i try to run from the continent through box smuggling, anyone else?
I had the same bug. I believe some other people reported it, too. I don't know if there's a fix (other than to wait for the next version to drop). The workaround is to get to Rathpike as a free woman via the Captain in the pub. You can still get thrown into the meatpit later on by triggering an encounter in the undercity (running into some thugs in the eastern section with low enough defiance will give you the same choice between accepting the IOU or being thrown into the pits).

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes