Doktor7007

Nov 24, 2017
So it is not possible to be beat the spiderqueen at the moment? Everytime I take the black blood poison I die instantly.
If I don't take it I get defeated instantly by the spiderqueen.

What did I do wrong?
Do I need to consume the poison in a specific location or under specific conditions?

Sep 29, 2017
Did anybody else have a problem finding Aiyana? I read her journal and went to the cave but there's no one there and Claire just comments on some runes and how there might be a clue somewhere. Also a bit weird that its my objective for this quest to talk to the gypsy elder but in the quest description it says I already did and when I try to talk to her she just offers to sell herbs.
EDIT: must be something wrong with my save as I got it working on another one, although even then I die immediately after drinking black blood just like others have said
EDIT 2: I've been reading others comments and noticed a bunch of people complaining about the artist and just wanted to say I don't get it at all! The art in this game as amazing and I'm just hoping the new guy you're bringing on will live up to it :D

Last edited:
Reactions: anime66

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
So it is not possible to be beat the spiderqueen at the moment? Everytime I take the black blood poison I die instantly.
If I don't take it I get defeated instantly by the spiderqueen.

What did I do wrong?
Do I need to consume the poison in a specific location or under specific conditions?
I, too, would like to know if this is a bug.
The game clearly tells you that you're supposed to: drink the black-blood potion, get bitten, then eat the bezoar.
Alas, I get an instant game over the moment I drink the potion.

EDIT: I checked the item in RPGMaker MV and it's tied to a common event... and it's just supposed to add a "Poisoned" status to Claire... so why does it kill me instantly anyways?
My only possible guess at an explanation is the fact that "Poisoned" occupies the first state slot in the code, which is usually reserved for the "Knocked Out" or "Killed" state - so MV being MV assumes that's what the state is, despite the name change.

EDIT 2: Yep, that's exactly it. I moved the "Poisoned" state to the third slot and changed three events (Nachili and the common events for drinking the black-blood potion and eating bezoar) accordingly to call for the third slot state. Works fine now.
Will probably be fixed soon in a new patch since it's a pretty obvious blocker...

Last edited:
Reactions: sunaboz

Agent-Alexa

Dec 26, 2018
umm, the creator did say that the reason why nonpatrons get the game 30 days after a patron release is to find bugfixes. Which they might be doing now

Doktor7007

Nov 24, 2017
I, too, would like to know if this is a bug.
The game clearly tells you that you're supposed to: drink the black-blood potion, get bitten, then eat the bezoar.
Alas, I get an instant game over the moment I drink the potion.

EDIT: I checked the item in RPGMaker MV and it's tied to a common event... and it's just supposed to add a "Poisoned" status to Claire... so why does it kill me instantly anyways?
My only possible guess at an explanation is the fact that "Poisoned" occupies the first state slot in the code, which is usually reserved for the "Knocked Out" or "Killed" state - so MV being MV assumes that's what the state is, despite the name change.

EDIT 2: Yep, that's exactly it. I moved the "Poisoned" state to the third slot and changed two events (Nachili and the common event for drinking the black-blood potion) accordingly to call for the third slot state. Works fine now.
Will probably be fixed soon in a new patch since it's a pretty obvious blocker...

How can I move the state to another slot and change the events?

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
0.18.3 CHANGELOG:

* The house with the black roof in Narfu can now be entered to conclude the "Silent Cargo" minor quest.

* Spending the night with Sally can send you into the sea or into the shadow realm (off-map). Lesbian sex can be treacherous. Fixed.

* You can go into the Nordling Camp without the right progression - fixed.

* Added in the "Prologue Ending" scenes where Claire arrives on the Isles in different states. Not in Gallery.

* The Spider Temple stage has a serious bug where consuming the Black-Blood Potion instantly kills Claire. Added in a hotfix which should resolve the problem temporarily while I figure out what caused the issue.

Windows 0.18.3:

Doktor7007

Nov 24, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Claire's Quest v0.18.2.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 07.11.2019
Can you please port the newest hotfix please?

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
The Spider Temple stage has a serious bug where consuming the Black-Blood Potion instantly kills Claire. Added in a hotfix which should resolve the problem temporarily while I figure out what caused the issue.
The issue was explained by me two posts above yours, if you are able to contact the dev somehow to give them a suggestion, and if you care to do so, of course.

On another bug note: the widow during the mercenary questline has a bit that's supposed to reduce defiance but it reduces depravity instead (defiance is tied to the attack stat in code).

Sorry for stating this here, but as a non-Patron I pretty much don't have any other opportunity, and this bug is pretty easy to miss.

Last edited:

Abnur_tharn

Feb 10, 2019
um...didn't they say this update will add 20+ new scenes besides the added old scenes?
or they meant that's for the next next update?
this update just added 4 in total
Kinda disappointed but this game is great so I guess I'll wait

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Getting a manticore tail is locked behind a 9 Defiance check.
So you're locked out of 3 quests if you don't have it (Mercenary and Sally's by extension + alchemy)
This game is really trying to justify cheating, isn't it?

mistkae

Oct 23, 2017
Totally agree. The stat check system is becoming a hindrance to enjoyability, and makes the cheats more of a core mechanic than a means of quality control.

I think this game is trying to be too many different things. I'd suggest the dev(s?) finish the main story arc of this game so that they and we know what this game actually is, then all the extra quest content/locking will start to have more meaning and context.

CVDO

May 27, 2019
full save anyone? been playing the whole game over and over again every release xP old saves dont work for me

larumoco

Jan 22, 2019
How do you get a second manticore tail if you already used it for alchemy?
I cant find a way to get another leather shield

doregreat

May 3, 2017
can anyone share save file up until 17.5, I downloaded the save from first page but its starting from beginning (Home).
Thanks in advance :)

4.40 star(s) 107 Votes