• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Doktor7007

Nov 24, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Claire's Quest v0.18.2.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 07.11.2019
Can you port the new update or update this port?
0.18.3 with crucial bug fixes?

Andragon

Mar 9, 2019
I always freeze after becoming tipsy in the first town after escaping "refugee camp" in this newer version. Blank screen with only a notification saying Claire is now getting tipsy and frozen there. Also the new update does not recognize earlier saves from prior version. Even after visiting updater. Force starts new game.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Blog 170: Trainers

Hi all, and welcome to another blog series!

In today's blog series, I will be talking about another new system that we are introducing to Claire's Quest in our bid to continually improve the game's UI, overlay, and general gameplay mechanics.

This is one of the big additions that took some time to perfect and couldn't make it into the initial releases of 0.18 - the trainer system.
Currently, from 0.18.1 to 0.18.3, a placeholder is available with limited trainer options. However, as of the next patch, we should be ready to add in our new and improved trainer system, tailored to Claire's Quest!

The trainer system essentially allows for in-game, non-cheating raising of attributes, during which Claire pays a fee to a special NPC type called a "trainer" to raise a specific attribute. There will be four prospective trainers in total once the system is integrated.

When speaking to a trainer, accessing the "training option" (shown below) will bring up the trainer screen.

The trainer screen will then show up:

Each trainer has a hard limit on how far they can improve Claire's attributes. Currently, the limit is set to 20 across the board for all trainers. As the game progresses, we will add in 'advanced' trainers who can raise attributes higher.

The lower Claire's attribute that is to be trained, the lower the cost. For example, at 3 Defiance, to raise to 4, the cost is 100 silvers.

However, at 16 Defiance, to raise to 17, the cost jumps up to 800 silvers (shown below).

As such, players may wish to train their skills when they are low, but opt for in-game storyline boosts once their attributes get too high. Of course, players who buy and operate businesses will likely be flush enough in the future to use money to raise their attributes instead of journeying about. The overarching idea, as always, is that each player can customise Claire, her path, and her approaches, as they see fit. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to Claire's Quest.

The trainers, story and character-wise, are all suitable NPCs who would realistically be able to teach Claire the skills, if not physical then at least psychological, correlating to each attribute's features. For example, a skilled mercenary officer (Gallis) is the Defiance trainer, and would ostensibly be able to teach Claire basic self-defense, mental conditioning from martial arts training, and so on.

Gallis is available as a trainer after passing the trial to join the Mercenaries.

The Seduction trainer, Madame Mox, is a retired courtesan and veteran brothel administrator, and well-equipped to teach Claire how to entice and charm her way through any obstacle. She is available as a trainer after passing the brothel initiation.

To probably nobody's surprise, resident Ranger handygirl and mischief maker, Roxanne, is the starting Depravity trainer. She is available after the "For Pride's Sake" Ranger quest progresses to a certain point. Given her... hobbies... she is undoubtedly the go-to girl for Depravity.

Over here in the Library of Valos, where piles of tottering knowledge and equally-tottering scholars gather, a little tutoring corner exists to teach those who can afford their tuition fees. Once Claire stumbles upon this spot, she can be taught here without any further ado.

All four attribute trainers will make their entrance into the next patch of the 0.18 version of Claire's Quest, which is currently still in patron/early access as of this post, but hopefully we're near to a public release once we clear out the majority of glitches and bugs and get in all the systems and scenes as we progress with the patching!

This system and its corresponding imagery were the joint effort of Berd and Nikki, so big round of applause for those two for pulling through and making this all come together!

Anyhow, that's all for now, stay tuned for more news in the future!

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016

In today's blog series, I will be talking about another new system that we are introducing to Claire's Quest in our bid to continually improve the game's UI, overlay, and general gameplay mechanics.

This is one of the big additions that took some time to perfect and couldn't make it into the initial releases of 0.18 - the trainer system.
Currently, from 0.18.1 to 0.18.3, a placeholder is available with limited trainer options. However, as of the next patch, we should be ready to add in our new and improved trainer system, tailored to Claire's Quest!

The trainer system essentially allows for in-game, non-cheating raising of attributes, during which Claire pays a fee to a special NPC type called a "trainer" to raise a specific attribute. There will be four prospective trainers in total once the system is integrated.

When speaking to a trainer, accessing the "training option" (shown below) will bring up the trainer screen.

Each trainer has a hard limit on how far they can improve Claire's attributes. Currently, the limit is set to 20 across the board for all trainers. As the game progresses, we will add in 'advanced' trainers who can raise attributes higher.

The lower Claire's attribute that is to be trained, the lower the cost. For example, at 3 Defiance, to raise to 4, the cost is 100 silvers.

However, at 16 Defiance, to raise to 17, the cost jumps up to 800 silvers (shown below).

As such, players may wish to train their skills when they are low, but opt for in-game storyline boosts once their attributes get too high. Of course, players who buy and operate businesses will likely be flush enough in the future to use money to raise their attributes instead of journeying about. The overarching idea, as always, is that each player can customise Claire, her path, and her approaches, as they see fit. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to Claire's Quest.

The trainers, story and character-wise, are all suitable NPCs who would realistically be able to teach Claire the skills, if not physical then at least psychological, correlating to each attribute's features. For example, a skilled mercenary officer (Gallis) is the Defiance trainer, and would ostensibly be able to teach Claire basic self-defense, mental conditioning from martial arts training, and so on.

Gallis is available as a trainer after passing the trial to join the Mercenaries.

The Seduction trainer, Madame Mox, is a retired courtesan and veteran brothel administrator, and well-equipped to teach Claire how to entice and charm her way through any obstacle. She is available as a trainer after passing the brothel initiation.

To probably nobody's surprise, resident Ranger handygirl and mischief maker, Roxanne, is the starting Depravity trainer. She is available after the "For Pride's Sake" Ranger quest progresses to a certain point. Given her... hobbies... she is undoubtedly the go-to girl for Depravity.

Over here in the Library of Valos, where piles of tottering knowledge and equally-tottering scholars gather, a little tutoring corner exists to teach those who can afford their tuition fees. Once Claire stumbles upon this spot, she can be taught here without any further ado.

All four attribute trainers will make their entrance into the next patch of the 0.18 version of Claire's Quest, which is currently still in patron/early access as of this post, but hopefully we're near to a public release once we clear out the majority of glitches and bugs and get in all the systems and scenes as we progress with the patching!

This system and its corresponding imagery were the joint effort of Berd and Nikki, so big round of applause for those two for pulling through and making this all come together!

So, what's going to happen to people who have negative stats? Because they can go below 0, the game just displays the minimum value as 1, but it's lying.

Still, I'm happy they're adding this as a gameplay mechanic, because it's way overdue - we'll finally have a good reason to spend silver. Though it will delay the other good reason, that is the ten thousand for the ranch.
I'm somewhat disappointed that they haven't added skill-scaling to repeatable jobs (that is, the higher your skill, the more you get paid for a job).

Last edited:

zilirin

Aug 19, 2018

Trainers certainly solve the issue of being udnerstated for some of the high checks. My only gripe remains defiance, since it has a double function.

It needs to be high to accomplish certain quests, but it blocks you from getting quite a number of scenes, when it is too high (The Club quest, some of the pub-related scenes, etc.). While it makes perfect sense, character-wise, it is completely counterproductive for my completionist attitude.

I've recently started trying to figure out in which order to do specific actions
a) to skip defiance raising actions at first, to see all the respective scene and THEN do the def req activities
or
b) start with a high defiance (I think 9 is what we need, apart from the Cthullu thingy - which now should have an intrigue route?), do all the related quests and then try to reduce it to a point where I can still get all the low-defiance scenes.

The only alternative would be to avoid the meat pit route at first, and only trigger it once you need to lower your defiance, since you are now losing 1 def per night spend there.

Not sure if that locks me into one specific route for the Sisters questline. I'd have to check all of the available defiance-lowering actions in the game.

Ah well. I'd like to have an option where a trainer (the depravity trainer, or maybe even the dom Sister) can also LOWER defiance.

Reactions: EdgeOfShadow

Deavl

Oct 7, 2017
I also found it illogical that, with high depravity and high defiance you couldn't choose an option to purposefully go along with rape despite being able to fight back.

There should only be minimum reqs tbh.

Keisis

Sep 23, 2018
Ok, I have a problem with the quest "Hole in the Ground". Even though I have 11 intrigue, Claire doesn't notice the secret passageway in Undercity West. Are there any other requirements? Walkthrough only mentions 9 intrigue and going there before completing Thief Quest 3...

Reactions: Punkhazard

Punkhazard

Mar 9, 2018
Ok, I have a problem with the quest "Hole in the Ground". Even though I have 11 intrigue, Claire doesn't notice the secret passageway in Undercity West. Are there any other requirements? Walkthrough only mentions 9 intrigue and going there before completing Thief Quest 3...
Yeah i have the same problem and plus whether i speak to natalie or fight with manticore to get Tigerlily and manticore tail the game stuck like "Hang" it doesn't move or anything just stuck in that picture and i just can open menu with esc button or F5...

Punkhazard

Mar 9, 2018
Okay... i think i get it for Manticore problem because i possess "monster repellent" and "leather guard" at the same time... but this problem never occur in 17.5... and also maybe because i didn't talk to natalie after her rescue and i talk to her at the thief hideout after i rescue aster from fat jack so the stuck also occur in my game... i hope this can be fix... thanks

Last edited:

rlgrlg

May 14, 2018
I haven't played this game for a long time, and now i'm confused. How can i end up in the meat pit?

Shado10

Jun 17, 2018
Yeah i have the same problem and plus whether i speak to natalie or fight with manticore to get Tigerlily and manticore tail the game stuck like "Hang" it doesn't move or anything just stuck in that picture and i just can open menu with esc button or F5...
To fix that you can choose after pressing esc the cheat menu than undet teleport there is a option called refresh dat will fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Punkhazard
Sep 16, 2019
I have already sold one manticore tail before even approaching the mercenaries... Did I complete every new updated quest in vain for several hours? Rescued Aiyana; both she and Lion need me to bring tails. However a leather guard is unobtainable since the only place that sells it is the armory - inaccessible before becoming a merc.
In such cases, wouldn't it be a good option to include adding/removing inventory items within the cheats menu?

ronehjr

Aug 22, 2018
I just did the prologue. I am In the cell and I'm supposed to sleep. I cannot get to the icon that lets me sleep. It is blocked by the wall and the bed.

Punkhazard

Mar 9, 2018
I have an advice to make this game more flexible and more fun... i think that it would be better as the player can choose to be rape or not based on the Depravity and Defiance.. so if the Depravity is much more than the defiance Claire can choose to indulge the raper or to fight her ways like in Valos doing job at "the cup and trotter" or at the Pub in the rathpike after she get drunk... or when she get the job to walk the dogs for the long walk for the first time... thanks

4.40 star(s) 106 Votes