Xiomi

May 29, 2021
Wow another update on this game cant wait to play but dev or someone can this game a renpy version or something, i know other readers like me that love to pay more if you make renpy version. I hope dev notice me thanks and good luck.

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Feb 7, 2019
This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

This Game is developed by Dystopian Project
Version of the game:Claire's Quest [v0.22.3]
If you like the game please consider to support the .

Original Size Win:1.8GB

Compressed Size:

If you enjoy this compressed version, please click the " (y) " to give me support.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

CruelOcean

Sep 17, 2018
is the bug with the hunters guild or something solved? in which you couldnt advance?
also that one which happened when claire entered a state like drunk or dizzy I think and some audio missing file started to spam on the screen

LadyOfWoe

May 21, 2017
No news with Claire's ranch storyline... I'll skip this update.

(It seems to me that this game doesn't know where it's going. So many unachieved quests, no characters's development, Claire's mom merely abandoned...).

The game would advance much more if the developers worked on new events, instead of adding or tweaking gameplay mechanics that are not interesting.
In my opinion, this is THE game that would really gain benefits from a Renpy Remake.
I mean not really.

This game was already remade once already, being ported from an older version of RPG Maker to MV and for the people that were around then I'm sure they can tell you that it took a good while before the game caught back up to where it once was. The only reason it wasn't a huge issue was that, for awhile, they updated both versions and the MV version got a bulk of the redone content plus more added on so there was incentive to go play that version even when it didn't have much. The old build of course had quite a bit to do as well.

Now, if the game was to be remade for Renpy that'll be an entirely different story as so much of the game as it is right now is built off of the premise that you're able to move around and interact with items, NPCs, and mobs much like you would in a typical RPG game. That means several integral parts of the game would have to be redone entirely because Renpy is a very different engine, and this time it won't be just porting scripts/touching scripts up, it'll be redoing a lot of them because Renpy uses Python whilst RPGMaker MV uses JS.

Regardless of these points, what would the game benefit from porting over to Renpy? I'm genuinely curious as to why you think Renpy is the engine the game needs when the game is primarily an RPG game in form, if not function.

Yes, the game would advance more if the developer worked on content to specifically advance the game that's basic game development theory, if even that, but porting to Renpy doesn't solve that problem. Claire's Quest is a wide game, not necessarily big, but wide in the sense that there's loads to do and the game gives you space on how you approach things and that takes time to implement. For example, if you check the changelog, one of the latest quests has multiple outcomes depending on your various stats, how does remaking the game for Renpy solve that issue of it taking a bit of time to configure these events to work properly?

As for your gripes? They have plans for Claire's Mom, just because an update doesn't address her doesn't mean she's forgotten. Do I agree it's a bit weird that they would move past what would be a leading character motivation for Claire to work on other quests? Yes, but game development isn't really a linear process, stuff that's easier done gets done quicker more time-consuming tasks get slowly chipped away at.

As for the questlines, I mean they're still being worked on? While it might be easier to flesh out one and complete it and then go back to work on another questline, the content in each of them is quite different and people don't play every single storyline as you've proven in your post. If they did go quest by quest and made they were each finished completely, and mind you most of the unfinished ones are the longer quests, the wait time in-between updates would certainly go up. It's better to release as it has been doing adding two events to two different storylines so that players have choice and if they don't like one they might like the other, the unfortunate side-effect is yes, some updates just won't reel you in because you happen to want to see more of one specific storyline that didn't get new events/scenes.

And finally, on character development, I agree but also disagree. For Claire, she literally cannot have development like any other character because she's formed by the actions you do. A Defiant Claire reacts to situations much differently than a more Depraved Claire would, and more and more scenes take this into account. As for other characters, I mean, most of them are one-off characters and the ones that aren't either do have some development eg, the Ranch Storyline which develops some of the characters you meet into more fleshed out ones even if it's in a lewd sense, or need to wait until there storyline is finished to see what the result is. Regardless, what sort of development are you expecting for these characters? Most of them simply aren't the sort to have some complicated reasoning or necessity behind what they do, sometimes it really as simple as "I need help getting my wedding ring back" and "let's escape this prison together because becoming their slave sounds hella wack".

I'll sum things up neatly because a lot of this is tech and development talk.

Tl;dr - It honestly sounds like you just don't care for the rpg mechanics personally and would rather streamline the game and have it remade into Renpy because that would be best for you, because genuinely why would Renpy be a good engine for a game that wants to be an RPG first and smut second?
is the bug with the hunters guild or something solved? in which you couldnt advance?
also that one which happened when claire entered a state like drunk or dizzy I think and some audio missing file started to spam on the screen
Please, if you'd be so kind, read the changelog on the front page if there were bugs from a previous patch and you're wondering if they got fixed. Suffice to say, at bare minimum the bug with Rangers Guild should be resolved yes, as well as the audio missing file spam.

Anap

Jul 4, 2017
To all my fellow Mac brothers, I just want to let you know that although there isn't a dedicated download for the last couple of updates the WIN version runs beautifully on Crossover. I'm sure any other Wine software works well too!

Frogperson

Jan 15, 2019
Hey! So - since this version, i cant save anymore. It refuses to overwrite - has anyone else had this issue?

Flargnock

Oct 1, 2017
If anyone is having problems saving on mac, you need to move either the game or the game's folder into your applications folder.

It's normally why most mac games don't save.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Frogperson

Frogperson

Jan 15, 2019
If anyone is having problems saving on mac, you need to move either the game or the game's folder into your applications folder.

It's normally why most mac games don't save.
I am on windows. Turns out for some reason the existing save files were marked as hidden and that was causing them to be un-overridable. I appreciate the quick help though ^^

BHGamer

Jan 22, 2021
To all my fellow Mac brothers, I just want to let you know that although there isn't a dedicated download for the last couple of updates the WIN version runs beautifully on Crossover. I'm sure any other Wine software works well too!
Thanks for this. Do you know how to transfer you saves from the Mac version to the WIN version?

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
It's just me or the size scale if very wrong in the Temple of Fertility latest scene (both sub and dom)?

When you see the full bodies of the girls, the cock's size is considerable near the face and very thick as well, but when you look at blowjob part of the image, the cock's head is barely the size of the tongue. Like really, it looks very strange.
The Temple of Fertility quest's cock size in general is strange, it changes sizes whenever it appears.

Sotman

Mar 18, 2018
Actually, expect it now. Let me know if there's any problems with the link, and as far as I know there's a bug in the "In Cahoots" quest depending on how you exit from the location that can cause a wrong warp and trap you in the sea, I think exiting from the trapdoor should be fine but the exact cause and solution is unavailable to me.
The bug regarding Saltry Inn is due to the creator entering wrong coordinates (like the kennel bug). is the fix. Copy paste to data folder. Since I followed the same method with Kennel bug and none reported any mishaps back then, it should be fine. Nonetheless, make a backup of map98 just in case.

By the way, LadyOfWoe do you know if the creators intended for Claire to gain defiance points when she sharpens the shiv during her imprisonment at the dargan mines? I could either remove the "+1 defiance" text or make her actually gain a defiance point for each sharpening attempt. I just don't know what is the right answer.

Leox1x

Sep 1, 2018
Hello, i have problem with quest after they update(after finishing some steps of a quest) r they are blank .....no writing no text no nothing just a black page .......anybody know how to fix it ?

Sotman

Mar 18, 2018
I have almost finished replaying the game from scratch. The highest point for me is definitely the continuation of the thief questline. We got to understand Pliny better and we learned Lecter's next move. For those who read the code that means
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As for the lowest point, that would be the urchins. I just don't like those demonspawn. (By the way, who are they supposed to be kids and 21+ at same time? )
If I had the money to donate to their patron, I would request them to progress the shieldmaiden questline. The unlocked perk would make the game easier.

Reactions: oreon1
4.30 star(s) 107 Votes