SeveralGeese

Mar 8, 2022
Fortunately regardless of the outcome the scene is unlocked in the gallery and can be replayed on whatever outcome regardless of stats i believe :)
I'm pretty sure the gallery scenes are still stat dependent for what variation plays. ie if you replay the rain rape scene, you'll still get a different version depending on if you have enough deviance to enjoy it or not.

of course, the cheat menu is always available, so if you're just gallery surfing you can adjust as needed. Though, it would be nice if the scenes told you what variations were available.

Reactions: dragonmaster4

zilirin

Aug 19, 2018
I'm pretty sure the gallery scenes are still stat dependent for what variation plays. ie if you replay the rain rape scene, you'll still get a different version depending on if you have enough deviance to enjoy it or not.

of course, the cheat menu is always available, so if you're just gallery surfing you can adjust as needed. Though, it would be nice if the scenes told you what variations were available.
As far as I'm aware, Defiance doesn't govern whether Claire enjoys a scene or not. That is Depravity based. Defiance governs whether the scene actually happens or not.
This is one of the major flaws of the sytem for me so far, because it deprives the player of agency. When your Defiance is high, Claire will automatically fight off certain assailants (in other cases, usually game over scenes, it does not matter). So if you want to see those scenes, you'll have to keep your Defiance low. At the same time, you *need* a high defiance in order to do certain questlines (Mercenaries come to mind), becaue you'll get a straight up game over without it. That means you'll have to find a very specific way to increase your stats to do some stuff, and then decrease them to do other stuff. It's possible, but tedious and counter intuitive.

You could of course argue that this is intentional and you should do multiple playthroughs with a shifting focus on what kind of scenes you want to see. Fine, but not the approach I would take.

I think the system should be change to include both Defiance and Depravity/Seduction in decisions like that.

Example: Claire is assaulted after her waitressing in Valos.
a) Defiance is LOW: Claire can't fight off the attackers. The scene happens, no matter how depraved Clair is. The Depravity will only regulate, whether Claire hates or enjoys the ordeal.

b) Defiance is HIGH + Depravity is LOW: Claire fights off the attackers; the scene doesn't happen.

c) Defiance is HIGH + Depravity is HIGH: Claire gets to choose - she can fight off the atatckers, because she's not in the mood, or she can give in to her depraved urges and let it happen anyways.

Scenarios a) and b) are already in the game, and they make sense. c), however is currently not possible.

With a change like this, agency is returned to the player, based on accumulated stats. It's also more straight forward for the general mentality of an RPG player, where higher stats=better.

DrMage

Dec 19, 2018
That's why we have gallery here. To view bad-ends. So we just have to have defiance only high enough to pass that scenes in game. No reason to make it higher then minimally necessary at this exact point of the game. And things become much easier after unlocking trainers. The only stat needed to be very high is depravity as there's some quests which require it 35+. Other stats are not as sensitive. I think it's ok to have them 20-25.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Yup, like i said, the Gallery gives you the option to choose between different outcomes already.

Take the waitressing example you brought up:

1649595315632.png

First time you run into the scene it resolves based on your stats, but the gallery gives you the option to view the different outcomes of it (barring minor variations such as enjoying it or not based on Depravity, for example).

Last edited:

zilirin

Aug 19, 2018
Of course you can always watch scenes in the gallery. But that is not the same as experiencing as seeing them as part of a playthrough. Anyways it's not a big deal overall, because you'll have to use the gallery in any case, if you want to see every single scene in one playthrough due to some of the branching paths.

I just think having more control over Claire's behaviour as a player, when multiple stat checks apply, would be the superior design choice.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
I just think having more control over Claire's behaviour as a player, when multiple stat checks apply, would be the superior design choice.
Well, difference of opinion really. I actually prefer the way it's being done because it makes Claire act more consistently with the stats you've chosen her to grow in. And yes, you could add making it a choice, but then again the Gallery is freely accessible at all times (as opposed to an NG+/Main Menu Recollection Room) so it's not like you wouldn't be able to see it without jumping through a few hoops. There's even a Cheat menu to alter your stats in for the different variations.

So yeah, both versions have merit, and to be fair if it were free choice i wouldn't have bat an eye either. But i like it and it seems to have been a deliberate design choice rather than an oversight, so it's all good :)

Reactions: dragonmaster4

SeveralGeese

Mar 8, 2022
is there a way to go to the meat pits if i started at valos?
theres a section in the undercity where, passing a couple of thugs, they will do a cheap doctors bill scam on you. If you dont have enough defiance and you tell them to go fuck themselves, they will beat your bloody and throw you in the pits, iirc.

Reactions: davidshane1721

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Claire's Quest [v0.23.3] [Dystopian Project] – Compressed

Win/NW.js v0.23.3 · · · (323 MiB :: 1.84 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
We really need more games like this where we play a normal person and not some hero who's gonna beat the demon king's ass for the millionth time. I think it's really awesome that we play as a simple peasant girl who's trying to survive in this dangerous world and because she isn't a warrior, she also can't really fight (thank god no forced combat and grinding in this one). Of course this game also has a few things that I don't quite like but I think it's a step into the right direction.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
is there a way to go to the meat pits if i started at valos?
If i recall... yes. I think you still run into the pirates if you haven't encountered them the first time you use a ship to change islands (and go to the Meat Pits from there), and there's a Thieves' Guild quest too where you get captured and sent to the Meat Pit if you do poorly in it, but i can't recall which one that is.

Would need confirmation from someone else though, really going by distant memory there since i hardly ever NOT start at Rathpike.

Reactions: davidshane1721

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
anyone got the saves files? i couldn't load mine
Why?

If all you want to do is view the gallery scenes, there's a money cheat and then you can unlock all the gallery scenes with money. So, serious question, what do you want a save for?

Machakasaurius

Aug 3, 2017
Why?

If all you want to do is view the gallery scenes, there's a money cheat and then you can unlock all the gallery scenes with money. So, serious question, what do you want a save for?
Well, some of the new scenes in the alternate prologue don´t appear until you actually get them in-game (like the new lesbian scene), even f you inlock them via cheats... So it is actually something that could interest quite a few people.

4.30 star(s) 107 Votes