Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
All most all games on this site are like this , at least the more ambitious ones. In the begging devs put a lot of effort then as money flow is secured development speed slows down.

Aug 27, 2017
It's one thing to finish development, it's another to tread endlessly. Developers all create and create new quests that have little to do with the overall development, the latest patches are mostly working on the PROLOGUE, and some old branches remain untouched for years. So I think it's fair enough to at least point this out, maybe it will catch on with some of them.
Of course not

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018
We are way beyond slow. Please don't insult mine and everyone's else intelligence with that kind of claims.

For a game that has been for almost 7 years in development and looking at over 3 DECADES more in the most promising scenario before its completion, well.....I'd suggest you pretend I just gave you the wittiest comeback ever since you are already good enough at kidding yourself with this game release :)
No, it's simply slow. I won't question your intelligence merely your statement.

No, I won't pretend any such thing your statement is simply nonsense and the only one who is kidding himself is you LOL

Enjoy the bitter taste of crow LOL

• Angry
Reactions: Belphegor007

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018
The dev publicly announced the game would be finished on 2022 on Steam, then proceeded to slow down the updating cycle even more.
Dunno buddy. I'm starting to think you are not in your best senses to judge when someone is being scammed.
:PogChamp:
Yup, the Dev said 2022 and it's not done. That's again not evidence it's a scam :ROFLMAO:

You are free to think what you like as flawed as said thoughts are.

Slaphappy207

Oct 28, 2022
In the Hookton Inn I got trapped and unable to move in the wall/mirror after completing the drunk toilet sex event with the old man and unlocking the toilet sex job.

Also the inn keeper is lodged in the wall in the inn, but you can still talk to her so this isn't much of a problem just looks odd.
View attachment 2703592

View attachment 2703595
me too, Ive tried several different activities leading up to that interaction and all of them end with getting stuck in the wall. I guess Ill just have to skip this side questline.

mrbungle50221

Feb 14, 2018
From their Discord:

"
We do have a roadmap but it's a team-only thing on HackNPlan. I've been thinking of making a public roadmap thingy when I have some time though, since some people have asked

But basically, as mentioned a few times before, we're going to finish up Baker Family next, then Rangers, then Sisters of Fertility.

Buuut to paint a clearer, more roadmappy picture, here's the Baker Family progress:
Housekeeper or Far From Home
Hiring Conditions
Renovations
In Hot Water
Aboveboard - [COMING NEXT - 0.26]
Under The Table (Finale!) - [COMING NEXT - 0.26]

And here's the Rangers progress:
Boar & Bramble
For Pride's Sake
Wolves At The Door
Hunt Or Be Hunted
Death In The Water
Belly Of The Beast
Monkey Business
These Old Bones - [COMING NEXT - 0.26]
To Kill A God - [WIP - 0.27]
Ēostre (Finale!) - [WIP - 0.27]

And progress for the Temple/SoF:
The Sisters
Servant of Phantasm or Avatar of Phatasm
Tribute to Fertility or The Gift of Fertility
The Grapes of Wrath
Milk Gone Sour
Blessing The Harvest
Meet Your Maker
A Tree Of Stone
Taming The Shrew - [COMING NEXT - 0.26]
A Clash Of Faiths - [WIP - 0.27]
Schism (Finale!) - [WIP - 0.28]

Each quest always comes with at least one scene, but for the finales we want to do big sets so they'll be albeit more extravagant And I'm personally hoping to wrap up to 0.29 as of 2023 (personal goal this year was to wrap up at least three storylines, so Baker Family, Sisters/Temple, and Rangers) so fingers crossed"

They have posted all the art for the Baker family questline, so at least all that is done, not sure what the hold up is now to release the actual update.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
I guess it's hopeful in a way they're trying to finish off the loose ends, makes one wonder that 0.30 will be the version they'll start working on the main quest again.

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
v0.01 7 years ago.
v0.50 in 7 more years, making it 14.
v0.75 21 years.
v1.0 28 years.

Good news boys, your kids will likely play this game! :ROFLMAO::coffee:
In their small defense; This game is huge. Actually gigantic with the amount of the drawn scenes.
I have been a fan of this game for long but even I have to question the speed of the development now.
It's been actually so long since an actual sizeable update.

Reactions: Ekcho666
Jul 4, 2017
In their small defense; This game is huge. Actually gigantic with the amount of the drawn scenes.
I have been a fan of this game for long but even I have to question the speed of the development now.
It's been actually so long since an actual sizeable update.
The game is huge because they do everything in their power to not update the main quest and progress the story.

Throw away, one-off interactions like the Baker family in the prologue are turned into questlines of their own which soak up time and resources to produce. Entire portions of the game are remade from scratch, while also introducing even more branching questlines and dozens of pieces of artwork (the prologue). The art style has been changed and redone entirely at least once. And main islands and factions, which have been teased years ago, see no progress in favour of an ever-expanding collection of niche fetish material all meant to cater to the proclivities of certain patreon users (ie, the whole ranch quest - which also remains unfinished years after it was introduced).

All of this points to the developers milking their audience via the patreon model because it's more financially viable for them to delay the game's completion for as long as humanly possible if it means they get paid regardless.

And don't forget the devs promised to increase the rate of updates after they finished Overgrown: Genesis... That was years ago, and the time between updates has actually more than doubled since then.

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
The game is huge because they do everything in their power to not update the main quest and progress the story.

Throw away, one-off interactions like the Baker family in the prologue are turned into questlines of their own which soak up time and resources to produce. Entire portions of the game are remade from scratch, while also introducing even more branching questlines and dozens of pieces of artwork (the prologue). The art style has been changed and redone entirely at least once. And main islands and factions, which have been teased years ago, see no progress in favour of an ever-expanding collection of niche fetish material all meant to cater to the proclivities of certain patreon users (ie, the whole ranch quest - which also remains unfinished years after it was introduced).

All of this points to the developers milking their audience via the patreon model because it's more financially viable for them to delay the game's completion for as long as humanly possible if it means they get paid regardless.

And don't forget the devs promised to increase the rate of updates after they finished Overgrown: Genesis... That was years ago, and the time between updates has actually more than doubled since then.
I personally don't care if the main quest is updated or not. Side content is always great to have. I'm more concerned with how slow the updates have been. Sure, very far from being a milking scam but one wonders what has been going on with development for such a hugely funded game.
What prevents devs to get some more help, right. Considering the amount of patrons.
As sidenote, I was wondering how they got to 9K patrons. Then realized it's the Patreon's new retarded feature.
image_2023-10-25_033831026.png
Still, that's a lot of cash that can be distributed to few devs to speed up the process. As the game has this year been updated what, only once?)
(Nevermind, I checked how many devs they have. 10K isn't that much in grand scheme if you're paying that many people)
I just really want for things to be sped up with any forms of updates :/

Vanessa95

May 3, 2020
I personally don't care if the main quest is updated or not. Side content is always great to have. I'm more concerned with how slow the updates have been. Sure, very far from being a milking scam but one wonders what has been going on with development for such a hugely funded game.
What prevents devs to get some more help, right. Considering the amount of patrons.
As sidenote, I was wondering how they got to 9K patrons. Then realized it's the Patreon's new retarded feature.
View attachment 3031849
Still, that's a lot of cash that can be distributed to few devs to speed up the process. As the game has this year been updated what, only once?)
(Nevermind, I checked how many devs they have. 10K isn't that much in grand scheme if you're paying that many people)
I just really want for things to be sped up with any forms of updates :/
Yea i much preferred the sidequests over the main quest itself honestly. Like Rathpike, there's not a whole lot there still. Unfinished side quest lines that are honestly more interesting than the main quest haha. I was curious to why it is taking so long for updates but i see that's a common question.

Reactions: Cenwen

「S」- Man

Aug 27, 2021
Yup, the Dev said 2022 and it's not done. That's again not evidence it's a scam :ROFLMAO:

You are free to think what you like as flawed as said thoughts are.
Man that's the definition of scam.
Please i beg you, never open any email from anyone claiming to be a Nigerian prince, you will get scammed my brother, you just proved you don't know what the definition of scam is.

4.30 star(s) 107 Votes