♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
In their small defense; This game is huge. Actually gigantic with the amount of the drawn scenes.
I have been a fan of this game for long but even I have to question the speed of the development now.
It's been actually so long since an actual sizeable update.
There's no way in hell a mere rpgm game can be in development for 7 fucking years my dude, no matter how 'huge' it is.
Unless of course, they're deliberately slowing down the process.
They're milking it. 10.000% certainty. :sneaky::coffee:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: MrFranky26

Meowmadam

Nov 9, 2021
The last update was 12 June 2023. They're taking their sweet ass time.

There's no way in hell a mere rpgm game can be in development for 7 fucking years my dude, no matter how 'huge' it is.
As long as people back the project they will continue development.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
I disagree there because the game has ungodly amount of content attached to it. You can see by yourself how many there are from gallery itself. With the scenes having also scene/dialogue variations depending on claire's corruption.
Not counting the just overall worldbuilding.
Also as mentioned, they went through entire art redraw. Pretty sure also a complete redesigns of some.

What really concerns me more is why they haven't been delivering content on regular 3-4 month basis.
Do we also need shit like this? It has nothing to do with development or CQ. Oh, also pinups. Seriously, who cares. Instead of these, few more NSFW scenes could've been done.
2023_Halloween_A.jpg
I just hope they start to deliver content more often. CQ has a huge potential.

Chains123

Apr 20, 2020
In their small defense; This game is huge. Actually gigantic with the amount of the drawn scenes.
I have been a fan of this game for long but even I have to question the speed of the development now.
It's been actually so long since an actual sizeable update.
If you look at image Packs by various artists posted on this side you will see that most of them draw multiple Gigabytes worth of images over a year, i think its fair to say the drawing of art isnt whats slowing them down. The amount of art this game is getting per year is nowhere near what dedicated artists post on their own.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
So what if it has tons content or whatever?
It all amounts to pictures and text, basically. Both of which is not a big deal, especially when you get 10k$ profit monthly.
You can hire a whole horde of writers and artists with that kinda income, not pros of course but good enough.
They did not build the engine from scratch, they did not build the assets from scratch.
It's literally pictures and text, nothing that would take 7 years even if you rewrite and redraw it 10 fucking times over. :sneaky::coffee:

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
If you look at image Packs by various artists posted on this side you will see that most of them draw multiple Gigabytes worth of images over a year, i think its fair to say the drawing of art isnt whats slowing them down
Small factor. I'd argue fault is bad management of the game. As it's not really normal to go through entire character redesigns or having to replace art.

So what if it has tons content or whatever?
It all amounts to pictures and text, basically. Both of which is not a big deal, especially when you get 10k$ profit monthly.
You can hire a whole horde of writers and artists with that kinda income, not pros of course but good enough.
They did not build the engine from scratch, they did not build the assets from scratch.
It's literally pictures and text, nothing that would take 7 years even if you rewrite and redraw it 10 fucking times over. :sneaky::coffee:
No offense but you seem like you have absolutely zero idea on how game development works.
It's insanely ignorant to see it as "pictures and text."
I do agree that 7 years is a long-ass time though. Probably due to fact that they keep adding on content and have the game split between 3 versions. :unsure:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
That's what it is pretty much, rpgm games aren't all that different from visual novels.
Buy some asset packs, get your hands on some scripts/plugins, cobble it together.
An rpgm game should take no more than 2-3 years if the team is competent, not 7 and counting lmao. :sneaky::coffee:

Reactions: Tripfriend

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018
Man that's the definition of scam.
Please i beg you, never open any email from anyone claiming to be a Nigerian prince, you will get scammed my brother, you just proved you don't know what the definition of scam is.
No, I'm afraid it's you who doesn't know what the definition of a scam is. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Cenwen

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018
He said it would be finished in 2022 and didn't deliver = Not a scam
Never announce another release date, slowdown updates and keep getting the money showing no intention to finish the product = That part is a scam.
Yes, that doesn't point to a scam not meeting a deadline doesn't make something a scam. Also not announcing another deadline also doesn't make it a scam and you have no idea if they intend to finish it or not. So your whole case is based on a lot of assertions and credulity and no actual proof.

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018
That's what it is pretty much, rpgm games aren't all that different from visual novels.
Buy some asset packs, get you hands on some scripts/plugins, cobble it together.
An rpgm game should take no more than 2-3 years if the team is competent, not 7 and counting lmao. :sneaky::coffee:

Thank you for continuing to display your ignorance

Reactions: madchef and Cenwen

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018
Small factor. I'd argue fault is bad management of the game. As it's not really normal to go through entire character redesigns or having to replace art.

No offense but you seem like you have absolutely zero idea on how game development works.
I do agree that 7 years is a long-ass time though. Probably due to fact that they keep adding on content and have the game split between 3 versions. :unsure:
Everyones an armchair game developer these days :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
Buy some asset packs, get you hands on some scripts, cobble it together.
What?
Even with visual novels, you have a lot of work to do still. Again proving my point that you have zero idea on how game development works.
It isn't as simple as "buying asset packs" as these asset packs still need to be modified. Which again takes time and that's only for the world assets.
Main hurdle comes from fact that you need firstly the script written for the entire encounter. In case of CQ with variations, as scenes/text changes on how corrupted Claire is. In some cases, it also incorporates whether Claire is still a virgin or not.
Each of the slides is an individual lines of code that has to be written by their programmer.
Not to speak of also them having to code in pre-requisites on how you get those scenes. Additionally, some of the encounters also include minigames like Claire having to avoid guards, find objects etc. Not a big deal but still adds to work.
Combined with fact that game is technically split into 3 versions.

There is also a matter of whether their developers/artists work full time on the project or have it as side job. You could argue that 10K is a lot of money but with amount of people they have on their team? Some of them surely have to do it part time :unsure:

Either way, I am more concerned about their project management and resource management. 7 years is a lot and while there's a lot of content in the game, more keeps getting added.
We haven't really even mentioned that their development team plans to add more islands.

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
If I'm not mistaken, after they are done with the current contents on the islands, there's going to be 2 more islands full of content. Then wrapping up the game.

Putting a tinfoil hat on now for saying;
I truly think that one of the main reasons why they haven't already finished some side content is their concern with content distribution. After all, there are people who support the game to see Claire plowed by animals.
Others are there to see her get dicked by futas. And so on. Small groups with differing interests.
Thus makes sense that they would lose support if they for some time focused on one aspect of the game.
I personally wouldn't support for some time the project if it did something I dislike too >.>

Which then results in fragmented development that has to be on top split between the patreon version, steam version and the "black" version that has the shota content.

Jul 4, 2017
Yea i much preferred the sidequests over the main quest itself honestly. Like Rathpike, there's not a whole lot there still. Unfinished side quest lines that are honestly more interesting than the main quest haha. I was curious to why it is taking so long for updates but i see that's a common question.
Hard to find anything interesting in the main quest when it literally hasn't been developed past the prologue.

Those faction and side quests you mention actually have a story to them: antagonists, stakes, plot, connection the world, etc. Really can't stay the same about the main quest because it simply hasn't gone anywhere into anything remotely resembling an Act I.

If the devs had a story in mind which they actually believed in and wanted to create, they wouldn't spend half a decade spinning their wheels on side content - even if said side content is what currently pays their bills.

Look we all get it. Some of you think it's a scam and others don't. Now please just agree to disagree and stop flooding the thread with endless wrangling.

Thank you.
It's conversation about the game. That's the whole point of threads...

Posting 5 comments back to back to repeatedly make the same point is completely redundant and unnecessary, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ekcho666 and Cenwen

VEHX

Jun 14, 2018
I would disagree on saying that the devs are running a scam as their other game Overgrown Genesis was completed within reasonable expectations and the quality is not bad too.

That's the kind of game that the devs need to put out more often, games where they have control over the development.

Reactions: cm4000 and Cenwen

404NoNamegr

Dec 5, 2019
I would disagree on saying that the devs are running a scam as their other game Overgrown Genesis was completed within reasonable expectations and the quality is not bad too.

That's the kind of game that the devs need to put out more often, games where they have control over the development.
I agree with it not being a "scam" but the game has plans to be way too big for its own good than lets say, being moderately sized like ogg. The current update plan has resulted with many unfinished questlines that the 3-4 month update schedule cannot realistically have them finished. It will take years before most of them are done like we are talking 2028 with the current pace.

4.30 star(s) 107 Votes