smirk

Jul 2, 2019
What the hell happened to this game? It used to be pretty solid if a bit light on content, but 0.8.5 seems like a pre-alpha test build or something. Missing images, placeholders, dead end dialog trees that end in blank screens, random errors... stuff that worked flawlessly before is now broken in the most ridiculous ways. Did a new dev take over or something?

Devvvin

Aug 12, 2017
Version 8.5.1.b hotfix has been released, fixes most everything that I found at least.

Devvvin

Aug 12, 2017
Any cheat available?
If you go to your phone and click "Load menu" at the bottom, it should bring up the cheat menu. Though that could be because on a previous version I used the cheat mod. If that's necessary, I'd just try loading that one up and seeing if it activates it.

marry_marlin

Oct 11, 2017
If you go to your phone and click "Load menu" at the bottom, it should bring up the cheat menu. Though that could be because on a previous version I used the cheat mod. If that's necessary, I'd just try loading that one up and seeing if it activates it.
No it did not worked.

May 31, 2019
What the hell happened to this game? It used to be pretty solid if a bit light on content, but 0.8.5 seems like a pre-alpha test build or something. Missing images, placeholders, dead end dialog trees that end in blank screens, random errors... stuff that worked flawlessly before is now broken in the most ridiculous ways. Did a new dev take over or something?
From what I understand, the "update" was just a toe-dip into the water by the dev to see if they were interested in coming out of hiatus (since apparently they were burnt-out). So they added some features to see if they wanted to go back into developing the game full-force again.
I think they decided they weren't interested right now, and shifted their focus to their other game for the time being.
So things being unfinished, buggy, or missing photos is kind of a bummer, sure, but it's not even a "real update" in the sense that it's finished. Dev just put things together for their own interest, and put out what they had done after they realized they weren't interested. There was no greater plan of bringing the game out of hiatus or putting out anything finished, it's just a "I'm gonna code for the game a bit to see if I want to get back into doing this", and they decided they didn't (at least for Clean Slate).
Really can't fault 'em for that. Dev didn't have to release anything tbh.

Jen_73

Jun 21, 2019
From what I understand, the "update" was just a toe-dip into the water by the dev to see if they were interested in coming out of hiatus (since apparently they were burnt-out). So they added some features to see if they wanted to go back into developing the game full-force again.
I think they decided they weren't interested right now, and shifted their focus to their other game for the time being.
So things being unfinished, buggy, or missing photos is kind of a bummer, sure, but it's not even a "real update" in the sense that it's finished. Dev just put things together for their own interest, and put out what they had done after they realized they weren't interested. There was no greater plan of bringing the game out of hiatus or putting out anything finished, it's just a "I'm gonna code for the game a bit to see if I want to get back into doing this", and they decided they didn't (at least for Clean Slate).
Really can't fault 'em for that. Dev didn't have to release anything tbh.
Hope your guess is incorrect.
This is a game with a lot of potential

May 31, 2019
Hope your guess is incorrect.
This is a game with a lot of potential
I mean, that's kind of what I got from this post, but I guess that might have been me reading too much into it. The "I'm going to go back and finish my other game", kinda gave the impression they were leaving CS on the back-burner for the time being.
Still, even though I'm on the back-foot now, 90% of the updates for this game add a fuckton of bugs and issues that get fixed in the few days after the update drops. That's kind of the rhythm the game takes.
And for what it's worth, an update just dropped that fixed some bugs over on TFGS.

Might be too early to call it as well, but it might be worth changing the "abandoned" tag as well.

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
I'd try starting a new game with the cheated qsp linked in the op, cheat things how you want them, then load the updated game and load that save. That's my best guess as to how it worked for me.

Yep. That's the way for the moment...

not sure if @bluerubber does have an actual official cheat-mod. Else I gonna look into it...

Besides, if there is a new version already, please link to it. And report the link for an update.

• Hey there
Reactions: Highland_Hunter
May 31, 2019
Yep. That's the way for the moment...

not sure if @bluerubber does have an actual official cheat-mod. Else I gonna look into it...

Besides, if there is a new version already, please link to it. And report the link for an update.
For what it's worth, if you have a QSP editor, it's quite easy to take the cheat section of the code and transfer it over to the new version. That's what I usually did when I was too impatient, as well as adding my own cheats/tweaks. It looks daunting, but it's actually quite simple.

Devvvin

Aug 12, 2017
For what it's worth, if you have a QSP editor, it's quite easy to take the cheat section of the code and transfer it over to the new version. That's what I usually did when I was too impatient, as well as adding my own cheats/tweaks. It looks daunting, but it's actually quite simple.
Do you have a recommendation on which editor to use?

FA80

Apr 22, 2017
Yes it is not too hard. Just when there is an update / bugfix every other day or you are quite busy with RL stuff it gets a bit stressfull. And since the project was on hold and there was an official cheat... I didn't see a need for my mod. But sure, I am willing to deliver a new one as soon as the latest bugfix is there.

Do you have a recommendation on which editor to use?
Just like crystal-geyser said: QGen .

Last edited:
Reactions: crystal-geyser
3.10 star(s) 24 Votes