1.90 star(s) 101 Votes

Cor'ali

Jan 11, 2020
Dang. I just came across this game and checked out this forum only to read an abundant negative reviews/comments.

Nemodow

Mar 29, 2019
Nemodow Tell me more.

SPOILERS

Idk what to tell, but considering the context of this domain... So there is this magical land Xanth, that shares most of the common tropes with all the magical lands, like Narnia or whatever, Harry Potter. It exists sorta outside time and space, on a particular day an ancient roman might meet christian crusader in there. There are centaurs, harpies, nymphs, griffons, cyclops, dragons, goblins, elfs, mermaids, ect - basically everyone from the trope of fairy tales, list is expanding with each book. Plants are magical, lanscape is magical - some water is magical. And everyone must have some magical talent in there, that's the law. Could be anything - from telescopic dick to raising zombies, or reducing weight of things which got whipped by your tail (something like proto JoJo stands). If a human doesn't have a talent - he gets booted beyond this magical force field of death, to Mundania.

Where it gets interesting.

The plot of the first book partially involves opening the borders of a magical land Xanth to the fresh stock of mundane humans. And it gets explained in the book quite straightforward. You see, almost every exotic creature in there was originally made by some1 drinking from the love spring, which makes anyone fall in love with the first living creature they see. Like proper lifetime love, very horny. And since everything is governed by magic in Xanth such inter-species breeding would produce healthy magical babies. And after some hundreds of years pure human population gets thinner and thinner. Centaurs = human at some point drank some of that water and fell in love with a horse. Harpy - same thing but with a vulture. Griffons = an eagle fucking a lion or something. And i shit you not, its all actually part of the plot and main narrative. Did i mention that only humans wear clothes in there. Every time a centaur filly is in the narrative you can play a drinking game - take a shot whenever those huge knockers are mentioned. Nymphs are like these super erotic classic mythology nymphs which any male in Xanth can find and fuck or whenever, not a real woman, but built like one and feels like one, and doesn't complain.
Now obviously breeding is not the main focus of the series (otherwise it would have been like banned or something, im just focusing on it for the sake of the context), but it is in your face and i will be part of side plot now and than. And since we have change of generations (previous main characters get older, have kids and those kids are new the focus point of the narrative) every 3 or 2 books, at a point there will be a young winged centaur filly, who is like the granddaughter of side characters from the first books, and she has to deal with drama of centaur community not accepting half-breeds. I am at book 11 right now, it has straight shota element to it and weird reverse lolicon (14 yo girl pretending to be 8 yo, so she could be betrothed to a 9 yo prince in a political marriage.). And she is also a naga - snakegirl. That shit is from 1988 and books started at 1977. Its refreshingly sexist.

Everytime author describes some new inter-species breeding concept have to go to the gallery.

Last edited:

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Yo, i recently picked up the Xanth series books, by Piers Anthony. Its fucking amazing how easily one might shove this game into books setting for extra hard cover. I recommend at least googling it if some1 is into reading.
SPOILERS

Idk what to tell, but considering the context of this domain... So there is this magical land Xanth, that shares most of the common tropes with all the magical lands, like Narnia or whatever, Harry Potter. It exists sorta outside time and space, on a particular day an ancient roman might meet christian crusader in there. There are centaurs, harpies, nymphs, griffons, cyclops, dragons, goblins, elfs, mermaids, ect - basically everyone from the trope of fairy tales, list is expanding with each book. Plants are magical, lanscape is magical - some water is magical. And everyone must have some magical talent in there, that's the law. Could be anything - from telescopic dick to raising zombies, or reducing weight of things which got whipped by your tail (something like proto JoJo stands). If a human doesn't have a talent - he gets booted beyond this magical force field of death, to Mundania.

Where it gets interesting.

The plot of the first book partially involves opening the borders of a magical land Xanth to the fresh stock of mundane humans. And it gets explained in the book quite straightforward. You see, almost every exotic creature in there was originally made by some1 drinking from the love spring, which makes anyone fall in love with the first living creature they see. Like proper lifetime love, very horny. And since everything is governed by magic in Xanth such inter-species breeding would produce healthy magical babies. And after some hundreds of years pure human population gets thinner and thinner. Centaurs = human at some point drank some of that water and fell in love with a horse. Harpy - same thing but with a vulture. Griffons = an eagle fucking a lion or something. And i shit you not, its all actually part of the plot and main narrative. Did i mention that only humans wear clothes in there. Every time a centaur filly is in the narrative you can play a drinking game - take a shot whenever those huge knockers are mentioned. Nymphs are like these super erotic classic mythology nymphs which any male in Xanth can find and fuck or whenever, not a real woman, but built like one and feels like one, and doesn't complain.
Now obviously breeding is not the main focus of the series (otherwise it would have been like banned or something, im just focusing on it for the sake of the context), but it is in your face and i will be part of side plot now and than. And since we have change of generations (previous main characters get older, have kids and those kids are new the focus point of the narrative) every 3 or 2 books, at a point there will be a young winged centaur filly, who is like the granddaughter of side characters from the first books, and she has to deal with drama of centaur community not accepting half-breeds. I am at book 11 right now, it has straight shota element to it and weird reverse lolicon (14 yo girl pretending to be 8 yo, so she could be betrothed to a 9 yo prince in a political marriage.). And she is also a naga - snakegirl. That shit is from 1988 and books started at 1977. Its refreshingly sexist.

Everytime author describes some new inter-species breeding concept have to go to the gallery.
Haha wow, as a writer that's a lot to unpack, but you did a good job setting what it is. I could see a breeding game obviously taking some of those ideas and incorporating and spinning it into their own take on it. I had a few ideas for a small writing exercise game project to do on the side sometime but my plate is just full right now haha. A big thing is I would like to tackle a world/setting where you just don't have to give a heck about keeping it grounded.

Far too much on my plate to move on anything right now, but I wouldn't mind picking away at something in a few months maybe or so haha. Was thinking of a trainer game similar to strive for power, or a breeder game, blended with a CYOA game. Low sketch quality art and simple.

I'll definitely be reading that series though! It sounds like a wild trip haha. Sometimes seeing a writer unapologetically just throw their brain onto a page can be amazingly entertaining so long as they can present and keep it cogent.

Jul 11, 2019
Does anyone know if the cooking tutorial is bugged? I seem to be stuck on it. The guy just says "Alright work with this" and then opens up the cooking menu...and then i cant do anything.

asdfghqwer

Oct 6, 2017
Does anyone know if the cooking tutorial is bugged? I seem to be stuck on it. The guy just says "Alright work with this" and then opens up the cooking menu...and then i cant do anything.
what you need to do is click on the shrubstick and drag to the top of the menu where there are 5 empty slots

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Dang. I just came across this game and checked out this forum only to read an abundant negative reviews/comments.
Yeah me too, but the art of this game was reminding me of something else so much, and then I saw a post mention Breeding Season and all the flashbacks came back. I remember there was a huge uproar about it.

The art of this game and the animations are so good though...

Cor'ali

Jan 11, 2020
Yeah me too, but the art of this game was reminding me of something else so much, and then I saw a post mention Breeding Season and all the flashbacks came back. I remember there was a huge uproar about it.

The art of this game and the animations are so good though...
So True

I0lOl0I

Feb 20, 2020
sr my bad, game version is 0.318b and this is first quest , first dungeon
I don't think you can earn 993k in 5 days, it must be an old save file from previous version

that's why you get into this weird situation because the saves are not compatible with newer version

try to start a completely fresh game, you will be fine then

but the game right now is still bug as hell
Don't expect too much...

quang

Jun 10, 2017
I don't think you can earn 993k in 5 days, it must be an old save file from previous version

that's why you get into this weird situation because the saves are not compatible with newer version

try to start a completely fresh game, you will be fine then

but the game right now is still bug as hell
Don't expect too much...
No , i start new game and cheat money , but as you say , maybe that is bug . Thanks anyway !

I0lOl0I

Feb 20, 2020
No , i start new game and cheat money , but as you say , maybe that is bug . Thanks anyway !
you can try to start a new game in 3.18a, go to the dungeon, save the game
then open the save with 3.18b version

that's how I get rid of this stupid bug
but the dungeon still bugs out at certain point....

----------edit-----------
alright this method doesn't work at all , after one battle the whole map messed up again

Screw it....

Last edited:
Reactions: quang
1.90 star(s) 101 Votes