Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Sure, here you go. I think it has something to do with the reverse compatibility with previous saves. I finished the research on previous builds and could continue the game, but I chose to start over for this one but I didn't delete those saves. But I don't know enough about coding to do more than speculate.
Hmm, I just loaded your save and I can see the research options :unsure: If it's indeed about persistent data, could you send me your persistent file as well? Also, I did a couple of super quick hotfixes yesterday right after I updated the thread, so you might want to redownload the game and see if that fixes it.

doublezero

Dec 15, 2017
Hmm, I just loaded your save and I can see the research options :unsure: If it's indeed about persistent data, could you send me your persistent file as well? Also, I did a couple of super quick hotfixes yesterday right after I updated the thread, so you might want to redownload the game and see if that fixes it.
I'm not quite sure how to send it to you. For now I just added .save to it. I hope that works.

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Maybe the problem will be solved by clearing all old saves (including persistent) in AppData/Roaming/RenPy and starting the game from scratch, with a clean slate? Anyway, I've downloaded the patched version, I'll get distracted by household chores now and do these operations later. It's worth a try.

Atz

Jun 8, 2017
i have the same problem with the research tab. Also tried deleting my presistent data didnt work for me

Last edited:
Reactions: femdom_kun

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
Also, I did a couple of super quick hotfixes yesterday right after I updated the thread, so you might want to redownload the game and see if that fixes it.
Would you mind adding a hotfix number to the game file in the future? It's pretty annoying not to know whether the 0.067 version that's available here is the fixed version or not, or whether it's different from the one you might have downloaded earlier.

Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
I'm not quite sure how to send it to you. For now I just added .save to it. I hope that works.
The research options shows up when I load your save with your persistent data as well. Gah... I'll try to make yet another fix for this and send you the link. What platform are you playing on?

Would you mind adding a hotfix number to the game file in the future? It's pretty annoying not to know whether the 0.067 version that's available here is the fixed version or not, or whether it's different from the one you might have downloaded earlier.
True, I'll add a version number to the next one. I didn't add it last time since my intention was to be quicker than people downloading it. Sadly, I had to upload it three times and I ended up being too slow.

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
The research options shows up when I load your save with your persistent data as well. Gah... I'll try to make yet another fix for this and send you the link. What platform are you playing on?

True, I'll add a version number to the next one. I didn't add it last time since my intention was to be quicker than people downloading it. Sadly, I had to upload it three times and I ended up being too slow.
Yorma86, but there is serious changes in game mechanic. Maybe solution is starting new game, deleting all old saves and persistent data?

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
A couple of posts back, someone posted an error regarding a research object not being defined. Could that be the reason why some people see this error?

All I asking for is that you add the hotfix number to the file name before you upload it. Then we can easily see which version is available for download before we download it.
Beside that. Forget about trying to be faster than a user. I used to work in IT operation. One of your systems had a tendency to stall suddenly, so we setup monitoring simulating a heavy user working 24/7. 9 out of 10 times we still got a call from a user about the system being down, before the monitoring system had a chance to alert us. Often the user will call us, and the display on the monitoring system will go red while we talked to the user. :eek:

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
Yorma86, but there is serious changes in game mechanic. Maybe solution is starting new game, deleting all old saves and persistent data?
I'm pretty sure that will piss off A LOT of people, incl. me. I HATE grind games, and to start from scratch and go through everything AGAIN, is grind to me. I have more than once ditched a game when old saves didn't work anymore, and there were noway to fast track through the content I've already seen.

Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
I'm pretty sure that will piss off A LOT of people, incl. me. I HATE grind games, and to start from scratch and go through everything AGAIN, is grind to me. I have more than once ditched a game when old saves didn't work anymore, and there were noway to fast track through the content I've already seen.
I'm doing my best to make old saves compatible, so you should be able to continue playing. Also, I'm trying to adjust the grind. The XP gain seems to be a bit too slow on the early levels right now - it does get a lot faster once you research the XP boosts, but alas, research doesn't seem to be an option right now :HideThePain: but I'm working on it.

A couple of posts back, someone posted an error regarding a research object not being defined. Could that be the reason why some people see this error?
Yes, that's the reason...but as to why it's still undefined is a huge mystery to me. I even have a try catch there that should define it in case it isn't already defined before. Then again, that try catch isn't in the non-hotfixed version. But I'm trying to figure out a fix to empty research screen that's plaguing people and then I'll release a new hotfix.

Zeng123

Oct 15, 2017
Starting a new game with patched version from go file still gives research topics error when loading a save.

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
Yes, that's the reason...but as to why it's still undefined is a huge mystery to me. I even have a try catch there that should define it in case it isn't already defined before. Then again, that try catch isn't in the non-hotfixed version. But I'm trying to figure out a fix to empty research screen that's plaguing people and then I'll release a new hotfix.
I just tried to download the latest version, to see if I have the error. I don't think I have. When I click the research button in the top left corner, I still see the 7 research items that I have researched. Also the room updates don't give any errors nor does picking the room perks.

My nightly status report says I've been playing for 420 days and have earned $190.000 in total. I like the new nightly report, but would i be possible to add the symbol showing which room the girls worked in, to the report?

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
The grind in this game is more than moderate, this isn't The Foot of the Mountain. At the same time, I'm playing Bright Past from scratch (for the same reason - change of game mechanics, plus the initial episodes of the game have been edited) and there's 80 hours of gameplay - that's where the Grind is!

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
The grind in this game is more than moderate, this isn't The Foot of the Mountain. At the same time, I'm playing Bright Past from scratch (for the same reason - change of game mechanics, plus the initial episodes of the game have been edited) and there's 80 hours of gameplay - that's where the Grind is!
I don't think you understood what I wrote. I didn't write that this game is a grind game. I wrote, that replaying from scratch makes ALL games a grind game, until you reach new content. I don't think I'm alone with that view.

Last edited:

Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Starting a new game with patched version from go file still gives research topics error when loading a save.
That at least seems to be the case on Android, but possibly rarely on other platforms as well. I'm testing out a fix to it right now. I'm having some people test it out in case it might work.

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
Just hit this error, when spying on Hermione in the toilet. Picked the "pay to bury head" option. Could ignore the error and continue.

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/Scripts/Characters/Hermione/hermione.rpy", line 768, in <module>
File "game/Scripts/Initialization/character.rpy", line 719, in Update_Stat_For_Char
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'

```

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes