Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Lmao, "sup, mister password cracker"

4 lines above if str(config.version) == cheats_enabled

Open console, config.version = cheats_enabled

So what's the point in protecting your password if I can bypass it altogether. Cheat Happens!!!
Uhh, I think you'll just break your save if you do that. At least reverse the variables.

And it's not to stop it completely since that can't be avoided :coffee::D

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Aye just pointing out it can be done. You provide built in cheats so, .

I take it cheats are for patreons, which is cool I got no beef with trying to make a buck.

Only beef I usually have is devs wasting time trying to outright stop any form of cheating period.

For one it tends to consume the entirety of a devs time.

Second I cheat cuase iv played more games then I can count, so their game isnt going to magically do the impossible n surprise me with something new, meaning I'm not going to ruin the game for myself, seeing as I view cheating as just that in stand alone games. Any dev that wants to stop all forms of cheating in there game, I assume they have a complex of some sort or have a mental defect, whatever the case I'm the one playing the game, they might have created the game but the experience is mine, I decide what my experience will be not them. Any dev who thinks they do needs a serous reality check.

That being said, I'm enjoying the game, as I do most corruption type games. Also big fan of dress up, so fingers crossed for costumes in the future. (As in getting to set daily attire for each, with more choices available based on progress/stats like corruption)

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Haven't played it yet, but just out of curiosity: Is there a reason for a one person walkthrough only? Is it hidden, missable, completely obscure or something like that?

Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Aye just pointing out it can be done. You provide built in cheats so, .

I take it cheats are for patreons, which is cool I got no beef with trying to make a buck.

Only beef I usually have is devs wasting time trying to outright stop any form of cheating period.

For one it tends to consume the entirety of a devs time.

Second I cheat cuase iv played more games then I can count, so their game isnt going to magically do the impossible n surprise me with something new, meaning I'm not going to ruin the game for myself, seeing as I view cheating as just that in stand alone games. Any dev that wants to stop all forms of cheating in there game, I assume they have a complex of some sort or have a mental defect, whatever the case I'm the one playing the game, they might have created the game but the experience is mine, I decide what my experience will be not them. Any dev who thinks they do needs a serous reality check.

That being said, I'm enjoying the game, as I do most corruption type games. Also big fan of dress up, so fingers crossed for costumes in the future. (As in getting to set daily attire for each, with more choices available based on progress/stats like corruption)
Alternative outfits are in planning. They won't affect the rendered scenes as I can't render all variations, but the girls will wear them in school/club and their spare time.

Haven't played it yet, but just out of curiosity: Is there a reason for a one person walkthrough only? Is it hidden, missable, completely obscure or something like that?
It's just very different from the rest of the game. It basically switches from a sandbox game into an Ace Attorney parody.

How do I build the greenhouse for Natalie?
You need to research it. If you haven't yet met Serena, follow the hints for your character in the journal. If you have, follow the hints on her profile.

Reactions: Kairnan

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
The Jennifer walkthrough is not for her whole path; it's specifically the bit of storyline about helping someone else who is being prosecuted, and it's quite complex. If you don't want to bother with a whole court-case-crime-solving shtick you can just blindly follow the walkthrough instead and go back to corrupting schoolgirls.

A generic walkthrough for how to corrupt all the girls, is hardly necessary IMO, and I don't know if one exists.

doublezero

Dec 15, 2017
I can't seem to research anything. I open the research menu and it doesn't give me any options and just tells me how much money I currently have. I re-downloaded the game but i didn't solve the problem.

Reactions: HappyHuman

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
I can't seem to research anything. I open the research menu and it doesn't give me any options and just tells me how much money I currently have. I re-downloaded the game but i didn't solve the problem.
Research is not avialble until you've hired the science teacher, if I remember correctly.. have you got that far yet? If you have and it still isn't working, something's gone wrong.

doublezero

Dec 15, 2017
Research is not avialble until you've hired the science teacher, if I remember correctly.. have you got that far yet? If you have and it still isn't working, something's gone wrong.
Yeah, I have her. I talked to her about upgrades and whatnot. It opened up the research button in the top left, but it just says Research: None and tells me how much money I currently have.

Reactions: HappyHuman

Yorma86

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
my PC is telling me there's a virus

View attachment 3423822
There was discussion about this a few releases back, I think. It's got something to do with the newer RenPy engine I'm using, I guess. Someone back then confirmed it was a false positive. The messages should be somewhere in this thread.

It's either the same now or my PC has really been infected :unsure:

Can you send me your save file? Something's obviously broken. I can take a look and fix it for you, and put in a safeguard fix to hopefully prevent it from happening to others.

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
There was discussion about this a few releases back, I think. It's got something to do with the newer RenPy engine I'm using, I guess. Someone back then confirmed it was a false positive. The messages should be somewhere in this thread.

Can you send me your save file? Something's obviously broken. I can take a look and fix it for you, and put in a safeguard fix to hopefully prevent it from happening to others.
I'm sure it's false positive. I've checked your game on my desktop an on my wife's notebook - all seems clear. Kaspersky on desktop and Comodo antivirus on notebook.

doublezero

Dec 15, 2017

Sure, here you go. I think it has something to do with the reverse compatibility with previous saves. I finished the research on previous builds and could continue the game, but I chose to start over for this one but I didn't delete those saves. But I don't know enough about coding to do more than speculate.

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes