VN Ren'Py Abandoned Cobra Venom [v0.3.9 Public] [SaVa_Game]

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes
May 9, 2018
Just got around to playing the game, It's a bit too early to call out the plot, but the major issue is the English translation, I'm pretty sure the story would sound and feel a bit more dramatic in Russian, but as it stands, narration in this translated English kinda feels awkward because you get a sense that it wants to be serious and involving but you then you're faced with a line here and there that would break the whole thing down.

Renders are nice, you could really use a denoiser though, would make all those dark images a lot better and would give you a polished vibe to your game. However, I'd really suggest you invest a bit more time in giving each character a bit more attention in terms of design and detail instead of using off-the-shelf Daz models, at least just the main ones.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

With that said, it's too early to pass on a final judgement, the idea sounds nice and this could really work. Also, the content volume for a first release is really nice and good use of sounds is always a plus, you get big karma points for that! (y)

Anyhoo, Good luck with the project, I might have been a bit harsh in my criticism but my intentions are good. Cheers! :coffee:

SaVa007

Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Just got around to playing the game, It's a bit too early to call out the plot, but the major issue is the English translation, I'm pretty sure the story would sound and feel a bit more dramatic in Russian, but as it stands, narration in this translated English kinda feels awkward because you get a sense that it wants to be serious and involving but you then you're faced with a line here and there that would break the whole thing down.

Renders are nice, you could really use a denoiser though, would make all those dark images a lot better and would give you a polished vibe to your game. However, I'd really suggest you invest a bit more time in giving each character a bit more attention in terms of design and detail instead of using off-the-shelf Daz models, at least just the main ones.

With that said, it's too early to pass on a final judgement, the idea sounds nice and this could really work. Also, the content volume for a first release is really nice and good use of sounds is always a plus, you get big karma points for that! (y)

Anyhoo, Good luck with the project, I might have been a bit harsh in my criticism but my intentions are good. Cheers! :coffee:
Thank you very much for your feedback, I will take into account what you said. Since I did not have experience in creating something like this before, I can make mistakes by pointing to them, you are helping me to improve.

May 9, 2018
Thank you very much for your feedback, I will take into account what you said. Since I did not have experience in creating something like this before, I can make mistakes by pointing to them, you are helping me to improve.
Hey there, There's no right or wrong way to do things, as it happens, we all learn as we go, you have the right attitude to do right by your creation, the main thing is that you do what YOU feel is right even if it doesn't please everyone (yes, me included :LOL:)
Anyways, glad to be of some help, best of luck! :giggle:

SaVa007

Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Hey there, There's no right or wrong way to do things, as it happens, we all learn as we go, you have the right attitude to do right by your creation, the main thing is that you do what YOU feel is right even if it doesn't please everyone (yes, me included :LOL:)
Anyways, glad to be of some help, best of luck! :giggle:
Thanks for the kind words. I know that not everyone will like my game, but I will be glad if at least one likes it. Thanks again.:)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Broken promises ... workin' on cobra venom has down sides... burn out accelerated ... hot!
WAtch out!

Next version:

Hello, I'd like to say about the next version, it's 30% ready, I'll try to release it at the end of July, but maybe it will be released in early August. I'm sorry for the delays, there isn't much time, and the rendering is from one and a half to two hours.

Version 0.2:

Hello, unfortunately, I will not be able to release the next version until the end of this month, it will be released in the first days of August. I would like to say that the current version 0.1.5 will be updated. The update will include a new translation in English, small corrections in the code. I apologize for the delays,

0.2 Soon.
Finish 85%. It remains to render two scenes. The English language will be updated, I hope this time it will be more understandable than in the past. Exit is scheduled for August.

Dev! Hey, Dev! Stop fooling around and finish the game!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yup ... any one still interested ... DEV just ...

Cobra Venom[0.1.5]
Cobra Venom[0.2] (5$,10$)

From August 18th

New Release: Version 0.2
Changes in version 0.2: 200 renders added, episode 1 is over.

Mar 31, 2019
Just got finished playing a couple of minutes ago and I have a couple of comments I'd like to give you on both the good and some suggestions on your story line.
1. The renders are for the most part really good. I do think that the mother's render vs the daughters is lacking but overall good job.
2. The story is of course a bit of a old trope but it can be fun and it's a good introduction to the characters so no complaints.

Overall though keep it up, and I'm looking forward to the story continuing.

SaVa007

Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Thanks for your feedback. I know that some moments look dumb, as people have already written about this. When I have a little more free time, I will correct some scenes in the game, for example, the scene where they are in ambush. Thank you again, I am pleased that you liked the game, at least a little.

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes