KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I don't know if anybody posted this bug, but I managed to get the Power Girl sex scene that's supposed to come after the Nazi scene before it. My first run through was a Super Hero run, then once I hit the end of the current content, I had started from an earlier save to try out the super villain path, but as soon as I had access to free roam I could see the Power Girl pool masturbation scene and the Power Girl bedroom sex scene. It didn't interfere with my ability to progress through the game, but I never really got to see the underwear scenes.

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I don't know if anybody posted this bug, but I managed to get the Power Girl sex scene that's supposed to come after the Nazi scene before it. My first run through was a Super Hero run, then once I hit the end of the current content, I had started from an earlier save to try out the super villain path, but as soon as I had access to free roam I could see the Power Girl pool masturbation scene and the Power Girl bedroom sex scene. It didn't interfere with my ability to progress through the game, but I never really got to see the underwear scenes.
OK, I'm confused. When you say the nazi scene, you mean the WW kidnapping scene or the Valkyrie sex scene (from v0.5.1, out for most patrons at this stage)?
First one is a level01 scene, second one is a level02 scene. Powergirl masturbation at the pool is a level02 scene, I don't see how it could happen before the WW kidnapping scene, that's impossible normally.
However, it can happen before the Valkyrie sex scene for sure, there's no order to these two.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
OK, I'm confused. When you say the nazi scene, you mean the WW kidnapping scene or the Valkyrie sex scene (from v0.5.1, out for most patrons at this stage)?
First one is a level01 scene, second one is a level02 scene. Powergirl masturbation at the pool is a level02 scene, I don't see how it could happen before the WW kidnapping scene, that's impossible normally.
However, it can happen before the Valkyrie sex scene for sure, there's no order to these two.
The kidnapping scene, this was from the last public update. I was getting the Level 2 scenes before I was Level 2.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
Yep, it happened again. Here's the save, you can go into the pool and it will start the Level 2 Power Girl event. I should mention that I have the taboo patch installed, but not sure if that should change anything.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
You already confessed that you went and done a full superhero run.
Those scenes are in the persistent file.
While in the middle of a game that already knows you accessed all the scenes in that gameplay,
you load up a save, the persistent file is already there with all the scenes unlocked.
Wait, it's persistent? Not flag based?
...Why? The game has two paths, even if they aren't really divergent at the moment.
It makes perfect sence that the scenes you could unlock on the vilain path,
that you already persistently unlocked in the already finished hero path,
they would be persistently unlocked for the duration of your gaming session.

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Wait, it's persistent? Not flag based?
...Why? The game has two paths, even if they aren't really divergent at the moment.
No, it's not persistent, maybe he was referring to the galleries, which as far as I am aware aren't persistent either. Will look into your save (and my scripts...)

EDIT: It's my script. I should have put some brackets somewhere where I didn't... WIll change it for v0.5.1, thanks for reporting this.
Or you can change it yourself at this stage (top of pool.rpy script):

if d10locday == 7 or d10locday == 8 and mclevel02:

this should be

if (d10locday == 7 or d10locday == 8) and mclevel02:

(I forgot that the and dominates the or...)

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Slick Bean

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I've saved on the map screen in that first playthrough, but technically the save I just posted is one that was reloaded from the character creation and then sped up until the first available free roam. That shouldn't be a concern I would think.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
You already confessed that you went and done a full superhero run.
Those scenes are in the persistent file.
While in the middle of a game that already knows you accessed all the scenes in that gameplay,
you load up a save, the persistent file is already there with all the scenes unlocked.

It makes perfect sence that the scenes you could unlock on the vilain path,
that you already persistently unlocked in the already finished hero path,
they would be persistently unlocked for the duration of your gaming session.
Yeah, but that doesn't really work when you decide to replay the game and see different paths.

On the off chance that this is indeed the issue, here's my suggestion EpicLust. You can't fix it without breaking saves, but this is a quick and otherwise painless fix. Go into one of your script files and slap the following in there:
Code:
init python:
    def label_callback(name, abnormal):
        if not hasattr(store, "seen_labels"):
            return
        seen_labels.add(name)
    config.label_callback = label_callback

default seen_labels = set()
This will create a set containing seen labels for a specific save, so you don't need to worry about persistence across multiple saves/playthroughs. When you are checking in the code whether or not a certain label has been seen for the purposes of gameplay (like whether to show a level 1 or level 2 event), check if the label exists in the variable seen_labels. Otherwise, you can check the persistent history for stuff like galleries and achievements.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
No, it's not persistent, maybe he was referring to the galleries, which as far as I am aware aren't persistent either. Will look into your save (and my scripts...)

EDIT: It's my script. I should have put some brackets somewhere where I didn't... WIll change it for v0.5.1, thanks for reporting this.
Or you can change it yourself at this stage (top of pool.rpy script):

if d10locday == 7 or d10locday == 8 and mclevel02:
jump PoolPowerLevel02

this should be

if (d10locday == 7 or d10locday == 8) and mclevel02:
jump PoolPowerLevel02

(I forgot that the and dominates the or...)
Was that also the issue for the bedroom Level 2 scene as well?

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Was that also the issue for the bedroom Level 2 scene as well?
No, I don't get why you would be able to see that. helpedpowergirl and unlockedpowergirl are both False in your save, that should not let you fuck her. There is no brackets issue.

EDIT: ok, IF you get to see the masturbation scene, then unlockedpowergirl becomes True and it would indeed allow you to see the sex scene then.
But that is entirely related to the first issue. The problem will disappear with the first fix.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
No, I don't get why you would be able to see that. helpedpowergirl and unlockedpowergirl are both False in your save, that should not let you fuck her. There is no brackets issue.

EDIT: ok, IF you get to see the masturbation scene, then unlockedpowergirl becomes True and it would indeed allow you to see the sex scene then.
But that is entirely related to the first issue. The problem will disappear with the first fix.
Gotcha. I thought about that, but my cursory look over the pool scripts didn't see any changes to it, so I dismissed it. You're more diligent at reading code than I it seems.

Reactions: EpicLust
3.70 star(s) 37 Votes