Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
If you hate grinding, there is a cheatmode in the menu that will remove most of the grind and you can enjoy only the content!
(Cheatmode autopasses challenges and completes the full affection gain for the next step in a single interaction)
I got very irritated with the grinding. I didn't try the cheats yet but I will suggest that if you have to build in a bypass to the grind, then maybe it is time to balance or re-balance the amount of grind necessary.

I like the game idea but the grinding really isn't entertaining, or as far as I can tell, serving the plot. It feels like make-work.

Thanks for making this game. I think I will try it again playing with the cheats.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
I got very irritated with the grinding. I didn't try the cheats yet but I will suggest that if you have to build in a bypass to the grind, then maybe it is time to balance or re-balance the amount of grind necessary.

I like the game idea but the grinding really isn't entertaining, or as far as I can tell, serving the plot. It feels like make-work.

Thanks for making this game. I think I will try it again playing with the cheats.
I will double the point gain for most current Events in the next update, besides that, what do you think are the worst grind offenders?

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
I will double the point gain for most current Events in the next update, besides that, what do you think are the worst grind offenders?
All of it. I understand the idea of skilling up, and that's not a bad idea but having to balance satisfaction with eating, sleeping, and money are a lot of variables to manage cognitively when I am trying to get immersed and have fun.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
All of it. I understand the idea of skilling up, and that's not a bad idea but having to balance satisfaction with eating, sleeping, and money are a lot of variables to manage cognitively when I am trying to get immersed and have fun.
Thanks for the feedback!
Did you find dropping low on hunger/stamina to be a big issue? I already tuned that down quite a bit from earlier iterrations, nut the current numbers aren't set in stone!

Satisfaction is in a weird state right now, at the beginning you are starved, and after unlocking basically one full event like the nightclub girls, you have to never again worry about it.. I'm honestly not sure what to make with it going forward..

Money on the other hand feels to be in an alright place right now, and even with bigger numbers in each uüdate I'm sure I will find something for the players to spend it on...
Not being able to buy large quantities of the 'Quickuse' Items with one click is probably also worsening the hunger/stamina issue.. Definitly on my list!

I assume you did not use cheat mode..? Would you have used the option to turn off the ressource system all together if such an option would exist?
Is ressource managment something you dislike in general, or is it just not implemented in a way you would enjoy it?

I would love to hear back from you, constructive feedback is always very helpful!

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
I might turn off the resource system altogether but I am not the average player. I prefer the story behind games. I find that grind is usually an impediment to my being able to consume and enjoy the story.

I am working on my own game and I am trying to come up with interesting ways for players/readers to make choices without my having to write 4 or 10 stories (paths) into one. I want to tell my best story. That is my bias.

I guess my issue is that I spend more time playing resource management than I do advancing the plot. Maybe I am playing this wrong, or maybe my expectations are unrealistic. Both are possible.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
First off, I want to say, I really like the concept, and the story is entertaining.

I tried not to use the cheat at first, but it was pretty brutal, and I just found myself constantly save scumming since RNG hates me. lol (You need a 45 or less, that is almost a 1 in 2 chance, here, let me fail 45 times in a row!)

I am not opposed to some grind, but this was a bit much. Usually, all I do is cheat in some money, and do the rest the right way, but here, I kind of felt like I didn't have a choice. Even using the cheating, the worst offender would be the sisters in the lecture hall. The early ones were pretty low, with 2 per session, which was daunting, though it did pick up, so if you double the starting points, it should be a lot better.

Aside from the grind, I would suggest 2 things. The first, as you have mentioned, you need an editor, I wish I had time to volunteer right now, but I am working on too many games as it is (and my main one is in crunch time right now).
The other is the sex scenes, while the text helps a lot (well done there), the simplest of movement would be a huge boost, even if it is just two frames that you alternate between when they click between dialogues.

Over all, the money was not too bad, a bit tight at first, but that is how it should be (even if I am too lazy/busy to deal with it in most games). Once you get into the story, it comes in pretty nicely. I probably would have done better there, but I focused on the girls, and ignored the main story until that was mostly done, not really knowing how it would affect things.

Minor note, just a personal thing, if the girls are supposed to be turned on, I want to see their nipples hard and not flat. :p

All in all, it was an enjoyable experience, I look forward to more.

...Side note, trying to load a save from within the game tends to crash me now. It is fine if I go to the main menu first, but from in the game, it always crashes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
First off, I want to say, I really like the concept, and the story is entertaining.

I tried not to use the cheat at first, but it was pretty brutal, and I just found myself constantly save scumming since RNG hates me. lol (You need a 45 or less, that is almost a 1 in 2 chance, here, let me fail 45 times in a row!)

I am not opposed to some grind, but this was a bit much. Usually, all I do is cheat in some money, and do the rest the right way, but here, I kind of felt like I didn't have a choice. Even using the cheating, the worst offender would be the sisters in the lecture hall. The early ones were pretty low, with 2 per session, which was daunting, though it did pick up, so if you double the starting points, it should be a lot better.

Aside from the grind, I would suggest 2 things. The first, as you have mentioned, you need an editor, I wish I had time to volunteer right now, but I am working on too many games as it is (and my main one is in crunch time right now).
The other is the sex scenes, while the text helps a lot (well done there), the simplest of movement would be a huge boost, even if it is just two frames that you alternate between when they click between dialogues.

Over all, the money was not too bad, a bit tight at first, but that is how it should be (even if I am too lazy/busy to deal with it in most games). Once you get into the story, it comes in pretty nicely. I probably would have done better there, but I focused on the girls, and ignored the main story until that was mostly done, not really knowing how it would affect things.

Minor note, just a personal thing, if the girls are supposed to be turned on, I want to see their nipples hard and not flat. :p

All in all, it was an enjoyable experience, I look forward to more.

...Side note, trying to load a save from within the game tends to crash me now. It is fine if I go to the main menu first, but from in the game, it always crashes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the feedback :)

Yeah I think I really have to work on the initial grind!
After a few items and skill lvl 75+ it should start feeling better, but maybe getting there sucks..

i added rerendering and expanding on all my old scenes onto my list yesterday:)
Probably not in 0.4 though..

the bug is rather strange... quick_menu is the bottom menu below the textbox i think.. I‘m not really messing with that at all, but I will take a look at home :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thanks for the feedback :)

Yeah I think I really have to work on the initial grind!
After a few items and skill lvl 75+ it should start feeling better, but maybe getting there sucks..

i added rerendering and expanding on all my old scenes onto my list yesterday:)
Probably not in 0.4 though..

the bug is rather strange... quick_menu is the bottom menu below the textbox i think.. I‘m not really messing with that at all, but I will take a look at home :)
Perhaps a difficulty level, that will adjust the points, money, etc.

Yeah, I don't know what is up with that, it just started happening a day or so ago. It's weird, but not a big deal really. But since it happens every time for me now, thought I would mention it.

Best of luck.

sigalchris

Jan 25, 2019
Do you know a good mac emulator? I dont want to release stuff I have not tested for myself.
I will maybe release the next version on mac if it isn't too much extra work
There is no need for an emulator. Get some of us Mac users to test. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

On the game break between .2 and .3, I think you will loose a lot of interest in people continuing. Why not program in a save fix for people so that they can continue without grinding through all over again? Either that or allow people to skip to the .3 content at the start of a new game.

Reactions: despiteful

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
There is no need for an emulator. Get some of us Mac users to test. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

On the game break between .2 and .3, I think you will loose a lot of interest in people continuing. Why not program in a save fix for people so that they can continue without grinding through all over again? Either that or allow people to skip to the .3 content at the start of a new game.
I might come back to it!

I'm unfortunately very limited in the time I can spend on the game due to 48h/week of regular work, so I tend to focus on the aspects of programing and design I can enjoy the most..
Upload of 100kb is also not very helpful in that regard..

But as I progress I'm sure I will find time and energy to work with some Mac users to get the game also to their OS!

Starting with the next Version, Save issues will hopefully be a thing of the past!
Prior to 0.3 I hadn't saved variables in a way that they would have ever been compatable between versions, 0.3 fixed that and introduced other functionalities..
At the end of it trying to get it compatible with 0.2 wasn't really that easy..
If I should make mayor gameplay overhauls/reworks for whatever reasons, it is possible that also future versions will be messed up..
Until I reach a 1.0 Version, all core gameplay mechanics are up for debate!

That said, I will try to get something like a save game, content skip functionality in the game, since I can also see some uses for it as the game get's larger and larger!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Keep trucking, dev, keep pumping them babes and their wonderful interactions into this game!
I might come back to it!

I'm unfortunately very limited in the time I can spend on the game due to 48h/week of regular work, so I tend to focus on the aspects of programing and design I can enjoy the most..
Upload of 100kb is also not very helpful in that regard..

But as I progress I'm sure I will find time and energy to work with some Mac users to get the game also to their OS!

Starting with the next Version, Save issues will hopefully be a thing of the past!
Prior to 0.3 I hadn't saved variables in a way that they would have ever been compatable between versions, 0.3 fixed that and introduced other functionalities..
At the end of it trying to get it compatible with 0.2 wasn't really that easy..
If I should make mayor gameplay overhauls/reworks for whatever reasons, it is possible that also future versions will be messed up..
Until I reach a 1.0 Version, all core gameplay mechanics are up for debate!

That said, I will try to get something like a save game, content skip functionality in the game, since I can also see some uses for it as the game get's larger and larger!
Name of this game is location + location + location = infatuation.

Good thing we get better results the more times we visit every gurl ...

Reactions: despiteful

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
How do you turn quest in? Did I totally miss the explanation on that?
You mean the questlog?
If you completed a quest in there, there should be a complete button!
If you are stuck at the aquire a business quest, that one is unfortunately bugged and will be fixed in 0.4

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes