squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I enjoy your game but v0.4 is causing me a problem. I had saves from 0.3 and continued from there and it mostly works but I get errors in locations related to money. The worst is that I cannot collect weekly pay. I'm hoping you have a solution to my problem shown below, if not I have to start over. Breaking previous saves is the reason I abandon many games because replay is boring. This is especially true with games with a lot of grind. When it is time to get weekly pay this is what happens:
========
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 204, in script call
call weeklyWorkIncome from _call_weeklyWorkIncome
File "game/custom_labels_workplaces.rpy", line 63, in script
python:
File "game/custom_labels_workplaces.rpy", line 66, in <module>
for f in workplacelist: f.setPay()
File "game/custom_classes_workplace.rpy", line 41, in setPay
self.weeklyPay = self.weeklyPayList[self.workLevel] + self.weeklyPayBonus
AttributeError: 'Workplace' object has no attribute 'weeklyPayBonus'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
python:
File "C:\Games\COEDConquest\COEDConquest-0.4-pc + bugfix\COEDConquest-0.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Games\COEDConquest\COEDConquest-0.4-pc + bugfix\COEDConquest-0.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
COED Conquest 0.4
Tue May 18 13:00:58 2021

watschu99

Apr 22, 2018
How do you get the cafe to level 3?
Haley said something about buying uniforms, but i cant find out where

Nevermind I'm an Idiot.
A great game so far

Last edited:

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
I enjoy your game but v0.4 is causing me a problem. I had saves from 0.3 and continued from there and it mostly works but I get errors in locations related to money. The worst is that I cannot collect weekly pay. I'm hoping you have a solution to my problem shown below, if not I have to start over. Breaking previous saves is the reason I abandon many games because replay is boring. This is especially true with games with a lot of grind. When it is time to get weekly pay this is what happens:
========

While running game code:
python:

Full traceback:
python:
File "C:\Games\COEDConquest\COEDConquest-0.4-pc + bugfix\COEDConquest-0.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
File "C:\Games\COEDConquest\COEDConquest-0.4-pc + bugfix\COEDConquest-0.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
COED Conquest 0.4
Seems like there is one variable I forgot!
I will work on a fix and let you know, will probably take a day since I’ve got work.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
========

While running game code:
python:

Full traceback:
python:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
COED Conquest 0.4
So I had time to take a look!
Are you sure your save is from 0.3? The variable "weeklyPayBonus" your game can't find was introduced in 0.3 and every save originally from that version should have it!
I also wasn't able to reproduce that problem with 0.3, I managed to produce the same error with a 0.2 save though..

Anyway... I made a fix.. lol As far as I saw this makes 0.2 fully save compitable, but as I said no guarantees because not tested!

I will upload a v3 of the bugfix, just copy paste and you should be good to go!

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
So I had time to take a look!
Are you sure your save is from 0.3? The variable "weeklyPayBonus" your game can't find was introduced in 0.3 and every save originally from that version should have it!
I also wasn't able to reproduce that problem with 0.3, I managed to produce the same error with a 0.2 save though..

Anyway... I made a fix.. lol As far as I saw this makes 0.2 fully save compitable, but as I said no guarantees because not tested!

I will upload a v3 of the bugfix, just copy paste and you should be good to go!
Thanks! Actually I can't be certain where my save came from as I've played both 0.2 and 0.3. Of course I take your word for it since you have the code. I'm sorry I was mistaken about the version but it was an honest error. Maybe I simply chose the wrong save to open. Sorry I made you work but I'm happy to have the fix!

Reactions: despiteful

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Thanks! Actually I can't be certain where my save came from as I've played both 0.2 and 0.3. Of course I take your word for it since you have the code. I'm sorry I was mistaken about the version but it was an honest error. Maybe I simply chose the wrong save to open. Sorry I made you work but I'm happy to have the fix!
No worries, please give me feedback if you run into another error, in hindsight I should have just made the extra effort to have 0.2 support from the start! (To be fair I also didn't know how to do that back then..)

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
No worries, please give me feedback if you run into another error, in hindsight I should have just made the extra effort to have 0.2 support from the start! (To be fair I also didn't know how to do that back then..)
Hi Again, sorry to say this but I downloaded the bugfix and the problem is still there. In the bugfix file there are two files related to work: The file 'custom_classes_workplace.rpy' is dated 3/6/2021 and the file 'custom_labels_triggers.rpy' is dated 5/15/2021. Every time I work at one of the businesses I get an error from the first file. The file date seems old, did you perhaps put the wrong version in the bugfix? I'm really sorry to be a pest!

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Hi Again, sorry to say this but I downloaded the bugfix and the problem is still there. In the bugfix file there are two files related to work: The file 'custom_classes_workplace.rpy' is dated 3/6/2021 and the file 'custom_labels_triggers.rpy' is dated 5/15/2021. Every time I work at one of the businesses I get an error from the first file. The file date seems old, did you perhaps put the wrong version in the bugfix? I'm really sorry to be a pest!
I copied custom_classes instead of custom_labels....
v4 now the correct one!

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Thanks! I tried v4 before sending this reply and it's working perfectly now. I know it is difficult to anticipate everything and saves often evolve but I believe ensuring they don't break will help you in the long run. You already have code to update saves so you're half way there! Cheers!

Reactions: despiteful

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Thanks! I tried v4 before sending this reply and it's working perfectly now. I know it is difficult to anticipate everything and saves often evolve but I believe ensuring they don't break will help you in the long run. You already have code to update saves so you're half way there! Cheers!
Yeah, I only figured out how it works halfway through 0.3 but I already introduced a lot of new stuff at that point, so I was just introducing it going forward!

Currently I always make everything save for updates immediately, so that I won't forget stuff later on!

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
hey despiteful

thanks for the game. I like the girls, their characters and appearances as well as your writing style during the sex scenes. I last played version 0.2 and now started a new game in 0.4. A few things came to my attention:

- It's cool that the shops you take over look pretty run down (or it's just the coarse style of the backgrounds and I subconsiously don't like them that much :D). But during the quest chains you upgrade, renovate or extend them. It would be really nice if you could then get a new background for the respective shop.
- You can replay (almost?) every sex scene from any side character (e. g. the cheerleaders, Jemma...). It's a bit sad that you don't get any more action with our 'heroines' after you finish their questlines. I noticed that you changed that with Alex and Maria so you are probably adjusting that already. :)
-Money in this game is really tight. You're not getting much at the beginning and you're not getting much at the end. I think you can currently make 805 $ a week when you upgrade all shops to max. I finished all content and have around 10 k but didn't buy any of the luxury items (items above 5 k). But I got pretty much all the cheap ones. Fastest way to make money is to go to the dojo and challenge the trainer for 1k to get 500 $ which is as much as all shops together without the gentlemens louge. But it works relatively well with 100 Combat and a bonus of 40 from items. This stands in no relation to each other, considering you can challenge the guy 4 times a day and make therefore 2 k with some game saving and reloading.
- Increasing skills proved to be ...challenging. At the beginning you collect 10 upgrade points and jump from 25 to 50 and from there to 70 pretty easily with one meditation each. But later, when you get in the higher 80s you get screwed over. Would be nice to smooth this a bit over, getting a slower increase in the beginning but an easier way to max the stats out later. In the later game you get to the extreme challenges that would reduce a 100 stat to 20 anyway when the dices are thrown. So it doesn't provide that much in comparison to bonus items.
- It's relatively easy to get high boni in certain skills (like athletics, gaming and combat) when you look for the appropriate items. But you get some hefty challenges for library use in the library and in the bookstore early on and throughout the game I only managed to get a bonus of 5 on this stat. Considering that you can always get to an extreme challenge when you want to increase a skill in the library thats pretty mean.
This are my current stats at after finishing the whole content of 0.4 and this includes a serious amount of saving and reloading:
stats.png
- It would be nice to get some decent items from the girls as you progress through their stories although you could argue that their scenes are rewarding enough :). E.g. advancing (or finishing) Jemmas quests could give you a library use +10 item or something like that. The cheerleaders at the end of their questline or after getting 1st place in the tennis league give you something that increases athletics and gaming. You could also reward the player with the items that provide intermediate stats that are currently in the store and remove them from there. You would have to work for the item, get a fairly decent one at the end and free up some money for the player to buy the good stuff later on.
-The Stamina and Hunger stat are currently only annoying without any real effect on the player. At the beginning of the game you go to the cafeteria and meet a cute girl and you go home to sleep. But later on you just go to the cafe and buy a coffee and a cake to get the stats up again, making it an ardous task. How about giving a boni to all skills of +5/+10 to the player if Stamina, Hunger and Satisfaction are above 50?
- 'Training' the girls in the gentlemens club is a bit misleading - you're essentially enjoying the benefits of being the boss and gain some satisfaction out of it. Training indicates an improvement in the services of the girls and therefore more money and possibly a series of new scenes which is not what you get.
- When you look for the girls to increase their affection and you flirt with them you mostly get easy challenges for charm and atletics but pretty mean ones for arts and crafts and music. Would be nice to balance that out a bit.
- It would be great to cap the % you have to give over to the academy at 50 % or so, but later add an opportunity to buy the shops from them and get all the money for oneself (but that should be really expensive).

With all that beeing said: Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the next updates!

iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
-Money in this game is really tight. You're not getting much at the beginning and you're not getting much at the end. I think you can currently make 805 $ a week when you upgrade all shops to max. I finished all content and have around 10 k but didn't buy any of the luxury items (items above 5 k). But I got pretty much all the cheap ones. Fastest way to make money is to go to the dojo and challenge the trainer for 1k to get 500 $ which is as much as all shops together without the gentlemens louge. But it works relatively well with 100 Combat and a bonus of 40 from items. This stands in no relation to each other, considering you can challenge the guy 4 times a day and make therefore 2 k with some game saving and reloading.

-The Stamina and Hunger stat are currently only annoying without any real effect on the player. At the beginning of the game you go to the cafeteria and meet a cute girl and you go home to sleep. But later on you just go to the cafe and buy a coffee and a cake to get the stats up again, making it an ardous task. How about giving a boni to all skills of +5/+10 to the player if Stamina, Hunger and Satisfaction are above 50?
Definitely agree about the money being pretty tight, i mentioned in a earlier post that i think the game is well balanced for the most part but if i could adjust two things it would be getting a little more weekly income from your businesses, maybe like 20% more or so. And i would do the opposite for satisfaction and tone that down a bit, it's pretty much maxed out constantly, even when i use up all 100 points it's back to max the next day without even trying. Some of the sex scenes give you 60-70 points in one go, something like 15 for kissing/seeing a girl naked, 25 for handjob/blowjob and 40 for sex scenes would be enough i think. Or maybe even have the stat start to decrease if you go for longer periods without any action?

I wondered about stamina/hunger stat as well, never tested it out but i had a feeling it didn't actually do anything. Maybe something the dev was planning to add in later but i like your idea of getting a little bonus for having everything above 50 (y)

Edit: Letting stamina/hunger run does indeed add a penalty of 50 points to your skill checks as confirmed by dev below

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
- 'Training' the girls in the gentlemens club is a bit misleading - you're essentially enjoying the benefits of being the boss and gain some satisfaction out of it. Training indicates an improvement in the services of the girls and therefore more money and possibly a series of new scenes which is not what you get.
I guess the gentlemen's club is the brothel, am I right?

I'm not a big fan of games that include hunger, stamina, and the like. If this stats are automatically recovered every day, then I don't care much, but I don't really like if I have to go up by eating, sleeping, resting or whatever ... I guess I'll try the game, but I don't think so that really interests me.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes