despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Wtf chad getting cucked? Amazing

Btw is there any incest content? Some games didn't put incest tag eventough there are incest content.
There is a pair of sisters, and there will be more sisters at a later date, but I don't plan to add anything sexual between them, more of a taking turns fighting over theme.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
There is a pair of sisters, and there will be more sisters at a later date, but I don't plan to add anything sexual between them, more of a taking turns fighting over theme.
Speaking of 'Chad', there are still a lot of placed where he gets called "Chad", Chaaaad", or some other variation of that, even though I changed my name.

I still crash whenever I load a save from in game as well. Loading from the main menu is fine, but not from in game.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Speaking of 'Chad', there are still a lot of placed where he gets called "Chad", Chaaaad", or some other variation of that, even though I changed my name.

I still crash whenever I load a save from in game as well. Loading from the main menu is fine, but not from in game.
Yeah the ones I can't search for with strg-f are hard to get rid off!

Could you give me a save? Maybe I can figure something out with that!

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah the ones I can't search for with strg-f are hard to get rid off!

Could you give me a save? Maybe I can figure something out with that!
To be honest, this is why I never used a default name in my script, only programming that in after the fact, so I didn't run into that problem. It also helps that most prefer to use his title. ;)

It happens on every save I have, here is one of the more recent ones.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
To be honest, this is why I never used a default name in my script, only programming that in after the fact, so I didn't run into that problem. It also helps that most prefer to use his title. ;)

It happens on every save I have, here is one of the more recent ones.
Really Strange, I can load from menu and from game with the save (Tried it on itch.io version, my current test build and the megalink..) Windows Version always! What platform are you using?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Really Strange, I can load from menu and from game with the save (Tried it on itch.io version, my current test build and the megalink..) Windows Version always! What platform are you using?
Windows7. Happened in the last version I played as well. Let me do it again to get the error message.
I just loaded a save from the menu, then tried to load the same save again.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Windows7. Happened in the last version I played as well. Let me do it again to get the error message.
I just loaded a save from the menu, then tried to load the same save again.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's a super weird traceback! quick_menu is the bar below the textbox, it's not something I really messed with..

You could try looking in game/screens.rpy and look for line 244, that's where quick menu gets defined! If it is there, I don't get why he shouldn't find it when loading a save.

Alternatively, you could try installing the game from the itch.io app.. Maybe that will work.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That's a super weird traceback! quick_menu is the bar below the textbox, it's not something I really messed with..

You could try looking in game/screens.rpy and look for line 244, that's where quick menu gets defined! If it is there, I don't get why he shouldn't find it when loading a save.

Alternatively, you could try installing the game from the itch.io app.. Maybe that will work.
this is what I have there...
Code:
            textbutton _("Back") action Rollback()
            textbutton _("Hide") action HideInterface()
            textbutton _("History") action ShowMenu('history')
            textbutton _("Skip") action Skip() alternate Skip(fast=True, confirm=True)
            textbutton _("Auto") action Preference("auto-forward", "toggle")
            textbutton _("Save") action ShowMenu('save')
            textbutton _("Q.Save") action QuickSave()
            textbutton _("Q.Load") action QuickLoad()
            textbutton _("Prefs") action ShowMenu('preferences')
I don't know anything about Itch other than games get posted there, never figured it out...

Sorry, that was me counting lines... I installed noptepad++ for this.
Code:
screen quick_menu():

Last edited:

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
this is what I have there...
Code:
            textbutton _("Back") action Rollback()
            textbutton _("Hide") action HideInterface()
            textbutton _("History") action ShowMenu('history')
            textbutton _("Skip") action Skip() alternate Skip(fast=True, confirm=True)
            textbutton _("Auto") action Preference("auto-forward", "toggle")
            textbutton _("Save") action ShowMenu('save')
            textbutton _("Q.Save") action QuickSave()
            textbutton _("Q.Load") action QuickLoad()
            textbutton _("Prefs") action ShowMenu('preferences')
I don't know anything about Itch other than games get posted there, never figured it out...

Sorry, that was me counting lines... I installed noptepad++ for this.
Code:
screen quick_menu():
Yeah that seems to be like it should be..

Another question, are you merging the zip into your old game, or playing with the new one freshly unzipped?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah that seems to be like it should be..

Another question, are you merging the zip into your old game, or playing with the new one freshly unzipped?
No, never. I always extract to a new folder, and then copy over my saves and screenshots before deleting the old ones.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
No, never. I always extract to a new folder, and then copy over my saves and screenshots before deleting the old ones.
Okay.. Now I'm completely out of ideas..

Maybe it is a bug with renpy in windows 7?

But I assume you are playing more renpy based games on this site..

Did you have such a problem before with any of them?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Yeah, if it is just me, then who knows? I guess I could try it on my other PC later (both win7), It's rendering now though. I will throw it on a flash drive and try when I get time. I will let you know what happens when I do.

Not really, no. I can't recall it happening anywhere else, and I have played a lot of games over the years here.

Thanks for looking into it, I appreciate the time you took to try.

Last edited:
Reactions: despiteful

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Yeah, if it is just me, then who knows? I guess I could try it on my other PC later (both win7), It's rendering now though. I will throw it on a flash drive and try when I get time. I Will let you know what happens when I do.

Not really, no. I can't recall it happening anywhere else, and I have played a lot of games over the years here.

Thanks for looking into it, I appreciate the time you took to try.
Yeah maybe it is a renpy bug.

I'm still on the renpy version I started the project with over a year ago, kind a scared to update what isn't broken. So could be something that was fixed already.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah maybe it is a renpy bug.

I'm still on the renpy version I started the project with over a year ago, kind a scared to update what isn't broken. So could be something that was fixed already.
Who knows, there have been so many issues with the new version, I can't say I would want to risk it either. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: despiteful

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
despiteful I got that kind of errors with my first tries with renpy. Updating did help. Just install the new version. It goes normally in a new subdir and then copy your project in another dir and try to start it with the new version. Should work in 99% of the time.
I don't understand why somebody don't use the free update for windows 7 if possible. It still works. Win7 is no longer supported and gets no security updates anymore. I only use Win7 on an old system that does not connect to the internet and only because I need it to manage a system that needs a special PCI-card and there are no drivers for the motherboard for newer systems than Win7. If there would be an option to update that system without taking a big wad of money in my hand I'd change it in a heartbeat.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
despiteful I got that kind of errors with my first tries with renpy. Updating did help. Just install the new version. It goes normally in a new subdir and then copy your project in another dir and try to start it with the new version. Should work in 99% of the time.
I don't understand why somebody don't use the free update for windows 7 if possible. It still works. Win7 is no longer supported and gets no security updates anymore. I only use Win7 on an old system that does not connect to the internet and only because I need it to manage a system that needs a special PCI-card and there are no drivers for the motherboard for newer systems than Win7. If there would be an option to update that system without taking a big wad of money in my hand I'd change it in a heartbeat.
Because I don't WANT Windows 10, it is the worst OS they have ever made. You can't even change the fonts without hacking the registry, and it spies on you, not to mention charging you for things that use to be included, taking out features that I use every day, and more. It is red hot garbage.

As for updating, it can cause a ton of errors, and make most saves not to load. It's not worth it.

I tested on my netbook, 32bit win7, same issue.
But it works fine on my main one with win7pro. Not sure why that one is different.

Reactions: DorcasAurelia

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
....You can't even change the fonts without hacking the registry...
Sorry, but that s just wrong : Open the “Start” menu, search for “Settings,” then click the first result. You can also press Windows+i to quickly open the Settings window. In Settings, click “Personalization,” then select “Fonts” in the left sidebar. On the right pane, find the font that you want to set as the default and click the font name. Your statements sounds like hearsay and nothing with an solid background.

But I digress. It's your opinion. Everybody got the right to his own. I work(ed) in IT with Win since windows 2.0 and remember the comments how w7 is spying on you, you have to pay for things that were free etc. same like you say with w10. It's just people don't like changes. I prefer a working and secure system and that is with windows only an option with an actual and supported win10. MS thinks users are stupid and controls many things by default, but it's not to difficult to change that without hacking the registry and you must reset everything after an update because MS overwrites it with their defaults. That is why most of my systems are Linux and only the game system and the system with the controller board got windows installed. Linux is still compatible with old systems even if you can run new programs on them. You are welcome to PM me if you want to discuss it further, but for me the discussion here is finished for now. Don't want to hijack this thread.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Because I don't WANT Windows 10, it is the worst OS they have ever made. You can't even change the fonts without hacking the registry, and it spies on you, not to mention charging you for things that use to be included, taking out features that I use every day, and more. It is red hot garbage.

As for updating, it can cause a ton of errors, and make most saves not to load. It's not worth it.

I tested on my netbook, 32bit win7, same issue.
But it works fine on my main one with win7pro. Not sure why that one is different.
Lol this is really fun. I might update renpy in the coming days, maybe it will work for the next version then haha

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes