despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
real quick found a new bug: maria's quest gives and error and maria hersel shows up so big on the screen she pretty much blocks out everything else.
Already removed in the next version, she shouldn't show up since her route isn't finished and the variables for her quest don't exist!
You will encounter the same bug again for Gwyneth so don't talk to her!

as for the timeskip (assuming thats the do notheing button) I never used it. So much to do in game and so many skills to increase the timeskip would be more hinderance than help. You need more money than you make always so you need to work a lot to get the extra cash. It wasnt till you asked that I tried it. Increase in hunger no stam increase and I only skip a day? yeah no got too many things going on to lose a day. If anything you could leave it in as a landmine for people to shoot themselves in the foot. sure you can progress money wise that way, but do you really want to?

If anything the fact I can spam eat hot dogs and drink soda and not pass time is something to look at in the future when things get more balanced out.
Okay that's good to know! I will think about that, it is pretty useful when I'm just testing stuff and focusing on only one thing, so I assumed other people would abuse the function too!

I'm not too worried about the hot dog thing (maybe except the price) but we will see :)

To give you an idea where I'm at in game: I currently have the Skyscraper quests, i have a few items but nothing really expensive beyond the girls quest items. all my businesses are level 3. Girls: Kate max, jenny 3, abagail 2, haley 6, Theresa 6. Most of my stats are 80s-90s.
That sounds pretty decent from what I had in mind a playthrough could look like!
Since there aren't that many additional businesses in the game yet, you might need to do the whole jenny route to progress the main story further!

Feature wise, I'm a huge fan of replayable content over galleries. But galleries do have their place. I think My New Life has the best setup so far where one off scenes are in a gallery on the computer but you can visit the girls for a replayable scene. I think this would be the ideal satisfaction gainer. It also solidifies your relationship level with each girl you encounter. Mostly you have your own ideas on track so keep pushing forward your plans seem solid.
Agreed! All the scenes in v0.2 are already designed to get you replayable satisfaction!

I'm not sure how I'am going to handle it for the storyline girls, but I will think about something!

seems like you have a solid foundation for whats to come in feb and look forward to it. You did amazing laying down the overall framework of the game, while a lot of scenes may be missing the dialoge is decent enough and I still feel like I'm grinding for a goal and not just something in the way of sex scenes. I'm sure you will improve over time if you just keep going with it.
Thanks a lot that's a great motivation to keep working hardcore on the game, I'm jobless until end of feb so I will try to get a big update out while I'm still having the time to work daily on it!

dont worry about items too much. The price is out of reach till endgame. also some things require you to retry multiple times. hard challenges half your skill total so even at 100 it will be a 50/50 chance. and getting the dean to agree to a business requires multiple checks so your chance to fail is pretty good until the dev tweaks the stats.
Honestly you describe a big problem here! I hoped that people would try to get the cheaper items early, especially for the hard challenges they are intended to make them doable!

Since if you have a bonus of only 25 the 50/50 chance transformes to a 25/75 chance! It is my plan that at the real endgame, you should be able to do hard challenges with a 100 chance thanks to items!

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Honestly you describe a big problem here! I hoped that people would try to get the cheaper items early, especially for the hard challenges they are intended to make them doable!

Since if you have a bonus of only 25 the 50/50 chance transformes to a 25/75 chance! It is my plan that at the real endgame, you should be able to do hard challenges with a 100 chance thanks to items!
The biggest tweak issue is that most events need multiple checks. Early game one item at 250 isnt bad, but it doesn't fix anything compared to just increasing the skill and saving that money. To get enough items you need to reliably make 1000s and I'm only making just over 300 a week. So repricing may be key there.

when you have one skill check with at 75 chance that means you should succeed 3 out of 4 times...yeah that works. I almost never fail a single normal check. But when you have 4 checks for that event that means you are almost guaranteed to fail at least one. So maybe varying degrees of success may work out. It was the issue with obtaining any business is that your guaranteed to fail. Pretty much any event I do requires a few attempts before success. It does lead to some funny situations. I beat up Kates step dad before I could rescue maria because the rolls made Siegmund look like Connor McGreagor lol

I'm not sure how I'am going to handle it for the storyline girls, but I will think about something!
The way I would suggest is to make the girls availible in their dorms for fun or you can call them from your home. One time scenes from storyline girls could be accessed from phone on thier contact page or from your computer thats only used for kitten videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: despiteful

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
The biggest tweak issue is that most events need multiple checks. Early game one item at 250 isnt bad, but it doesn't fix anything compared to just increasing the skill and saving that money. To get enough items you need to reliably make 1000s and I'm only making just over 300 a week. So repricing may be key there.

when you have one skill check with at 75 chance that means you should succeed 3 out of 4 times...yeah that works. I almost never fail a single normal check. But when you have 4 checks for that event that means you are almost guaranteed to fail at least one. So maybe varying degrees of success may work out. It was the issue with obtaining any business is that your guaranteed to fail. Pretty much any event I do requires a few attempts before success. It does lead to some funny situations. I beat up Kates step dad before I could rescue maria because the rolls made Siegmund look like Connor McGreagor lol
Haha yeah I think I was a bit too harsh with some of those events and not really consistent!
I will look over the most awful balance problems! I guess you probably shouldn't be facing any hard skill checks until let's say affection level 6 or so for the girls!
Main campaign I'm not quite sure where I should start introducing them..

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Haha yeah I think I was a bit too harsh with some of those events and not really consistent!
I will look over the most awful balance problems! I guess you probably shouldn't be facing any hard skill checks until let's say affection level 6 or so for the girls!
Main campaign I'm not quite sure where I should start introducing them..
The Nightclub aquisition would be a good place for maybe one out of the checks probably. Or maybe the bookstore, but library use was really hard to obtain until I could research in the campus library so its kindof a soft hard skillcheck. Running the businesses themselves seems spot on with checks as the mix gives you the chance to gain exp, but not all of it unless you are really skilled. ofc thats with the business up in levels before hard checks hit so thats good too.

in an edit about what to do with storyline girls and repeatable events: you already set yourself up with having their dorms, Thats as perfect an opportunity as any for a repeatable encounter. You can also set up replayable one off scenes from the phone's contacts section where you access the girls info.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Go to the park or mall entrance. enter location at the bottom and choose the food stalls. for 5 bucks you can remove 40 stam or hunger and gain 5 satisfaction. dont bother with the other places. start by doing the lectures and jogging. work part time shifts at the cafe and clothing shop for cash. focus the lectures on management, sales and charm. then talk to kate in your office when you can choose a business. also when you have 100, take boxing to up your combat skill. you will need it.

if your charm is decent you can talk to kate and learn her likes and dislikes. shes a sucker for charm and athletics. also currently the gift system gives you 5 points for free each week. since kate only needs 10 affection per level you can get her up quickly.

dont worry about items too much. The price is out of reach till endgame. also some things require you to retry multiple times. hard challenges half your skill total so even at 100 it will be a 50/50 chance. and getting the dean to agree to a business requires multiple checks so your chance to fail is pretty good until the dev tweaks the stats.

its a steep curve that doesn't favor the beginning but the dev also put in a cheat button in the stats menu just turn it on and you will pretty much autopass any check.
I agree with your suggestions, I would just add go to the Nightclub early because it pays the a lot per shift for an early workplace.

What I'm about to say is obviously an opinion, but this is why I probably will never play this game again...

:mad: The freaking RNG :mad:

Just adding a random number generator doesn't a game make. If you're nostalgic for using your polyhedron dice, get some friends and play some D&D or other tabletop RPG. Or watch Rick & Morty's 4th season episode, 'A Vat of Acid' to see what you'll be doing in this game. The plus side of the episode is that it's over in 22 minutes and you're be likely be entertained.

Now, if you enjoy save scumming, you've got a gem here. When you go to improve your skills, not only do you have a die roll to see if you get to upgrade your skill, you have a die roll to see how many points you get with each improvement.

The reason I tried this game was I saw an image of Theresa in the stocks and I wanted to get to this scene, but after getting the handcuffs, I just lost interest. I didn't use any cheats aside from save scumming.

Anyways, sorry for being a downer. Good luck in your game development but I don't think I'll be along for the ride.

I'm attaching my save file that you should be able to add to your game to see the scenes that I have uncovered. Not exactly sure how far I am in the game, but time has been invested in it. Trust me. I tried to create a save at the beginning of each unique scene. The one scene I didn't get saved is the first time you see Abigail at the store. Just find a save before you upgrade the store, and work for that upgrade. You can get that scene then.

View attachment saves.rar

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
I agree with your suggestions, I would just add go to the Nightclub early because it pays the a lot per shift for an early workplace.

What I'm about to say is obviously an opinion, but this is why I probably will never play this game again...

The only reason I don't suggest the nightclub is that it is a quest property and when its fixed you wont have early access to it.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020

:mad: The freaking RNG :mad:

Just adding a random number generator doesn't a game make. If you're nostalgic for using your polyhedron dice, get some friends and play some D&D or other tabletop RPG. Or watch Rick & Morty's 4th season episode, 'A Vat of Acid' to see what you'll be doing in this game. The plus side of the episode is that it's over in 22 minutes and you're be likely be entertained.

Now, if you enjoy save scumming, you've got a gem here. When you go to improve your skills, not only do you have a die roll to see if you get to upgrade your skill, you have a die roll to see how many points you get with each improvement.

The reason I tried this game was I saw an image of Theresa in the stocks and I wanted to get to this scene, but after getting the handcuffs, I just lost interest. I didn't use any cheats aside from save scumming.

Anyways, sorry for being a downer. Good luck in your game development but I don't think I'll be along for the ride.

I'm attaching my save file that you should be able to add to your game to see the scenes that I have uncovered. Not exactly sure how far I am in the game, but time has been invested in it. Trust me. I tried to create a save at the beginning of each unique scene. The one scene I didn't get saved is the first time you see Abigail at the store. Just find a save before you upgrade the store, and work for that upgrade. You can get that scene then.

View attachment 997284
Thank you for the feedback regardless :)

There will most likely be a lot of adjustment to range and the speed of skill progression along the way!
Some of the adjustments for the next version will include, higher starting values, skill points for failing, and cheaper basic items! I will also remove most hard challenges from early events, there are a few nasty ones!

But I can understand your frustration, I hope maybe you will find a version closer to a true v1.0 more enjoyable!

Reactions: bacchusplateau

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
thanks no worries im enjoying the game its fun
Thanks for the kind words!
End of this month there will hopefully a big uodate adding 40 hscenes to side events, lectures, studying, jogging ect :)
This should make the grindier parts of the game more exciting!

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.
COED Conquest [v0.2] [despiteful] - Original Size: 943 MB

Download Win,Linux (85 MB)
: - - -
Download Mac (70 MB): - - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Huh, sounds interesting.. IF you can avoid that prostitute voyeurism scene I'll play the game.. I don't care if the girls a prostitute I'd still get with her at some point, BUT I don't need to see them fucking other guys.

Watching future LI's in voyeurism fucking others is more of a turn off then sharing itself..
Most voyeur is peeping at changing rooms ect. While there are I think two or three events where there is another unnamed male character involved, none of the girl are either named/ or not yet in!

The prostitutian tag is in cause one of the girls wants some money for favours, but she only approaches MC that way!

In future updates I can't promise if content like that won't enter the game, but most likely involving new optinal girls.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
I agree with you man
Why do developer waste there time on make unnecessary scenes
To just add a sex tag
Man why dont developers use that time and resources to continue the story then to waste there time on some unwanted scenes
That most players don't like to see
People who happen to consistently post the same thing/complaint in 100 other game threads here is hardly a reasonable measuring stick to use in any "what most players want" evaluation. Being super consistently vocal over a dislike of something, to that type of tedious/repetitive extent, doesn't make that person multiply into anything more then one guy who's constantly being super vocal over a dislike of something.

Just saying :)

Game looks interesting and tags suggest enough content to get a fap out of it if so. Putting this in my download to try que.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
So, what extent of freedom of choice we have here? Are all girls and sex scenes optional? I see some tags I dislike, as harem, sex toys and lesbians, so would like to know if it possible to avoid such things?

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
Sharing...ntr... voyeurism.. It's all garbage to me. I just don't get off on that crap. Especially in VN's or games where you have a MC that to you are intended to imagine yourself or put yourself in their shoes. So I guess this is another game added to the ignore thread list.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes