despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
I don't really care what content a Dev puts in their game. Lots of people like lots of different things, which is fine. I truly believe that Dev's and players should work and support whatever project they want. Personally, I just want them to be upfront and clear about what that content is and if it is avoidable or not. Then a player can choose to play/support/move on as fits their individual taste.

The problem as I see it, is that certain tags (even if not technically correct with regards to the fetish they reference) are considered by many to represent specific content (the correctness of doing so is a separate debate). If these tags are seen, a game runs the risk of being immediately ignored.

Dev's know this and so in a lot of cases, they include content that skirts the 'technical' concept of the tag or it is camouflaged as something else. The argument; "It's not 'whatever fetish' because MC/LI - did/didn't/never/said/agreed/ignored" (or whatever technicality). Isn't going to make everyone who dislikes /whatever/ suddenly 'ok' with that content. Being vague/deceptive may cause them to download, but it's not likely to make them stick around (likely the opposite in fact)

For example: If a player doesn't like the idea of a potential LI being shafted by Random Dude, then saying 'You should be ok with it because technically it was under XYZ conditions' isn't likely to win that player over.

As a final note, I'm not accusing this Dev of deliberately trying to be deceptive.

I was honestly just going to hit 'ignore' for this game and move on as the direction seems a little too "others guys are involved" for my personal taste (plus the "not a LI yet" tree scene puts me off).
But Read over the thread as the artwork is really good.
Saw this and wanted to comment.

Good Luck Dev, here's to you making YOUR best game.
I actually had no clue this heavy hate for girls doing it/having done it with other guys existed, I hadn't really read any other threads before I made mine.

I actually was scared people would shit on me for the mall detective -> suck my dick or I call the cops thing, and went over it again and changed it into her being into it.

All the things I have in the game is stuff I find really hot. Having to fit all of this into certain Tag boxes is something I didn't even spent a thought on before coming here.

And I get you guys! Looking at the tags I can understand why people feel certain ways. But those Tags are no quantification of the content. I could literally have a single scene regarding a specific Tag in the game, and people could think that one tag is all the game is about.

I'm sure I will explore even more kinks in the future, maybe even real NTR, but the core concept of the game, will be Chad helping girls overcome their problems/challenges and end up loving him dearly and tenderly.

May 10, 2017
Who is the third girl on the relationship screen? I reached the end of the campaign so far and that slot is still empty. I assume maybe it's "Maria"?

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Who is the third girl on the relationship screen? I reached the end of the campaign so far and that slot is still empty. I assume maybe it's "Maria"?
Its Alex, I messed up there, she shouldn't show up at all!
Kate, Jenny, Theresa, Abigail and Haley are in, rest is heavy WIP

Reactions: Jeanjacquouile

Sngo

May 9, 2020
It doesnt happen. There is the Asian Girl to the left in the banner whom you find in the forest selling herself for 300 dollars fucking a guy and speaks to herself about having done so multiple times before.
What a girl does before she meets the MC shouldn't matter. None of the 5 LI so far has touched another man while being with the MC. I can't seem to unlock the 6th though if it is at all possible.
Ty for the response.

Regarding the line "What a girl does before she meets the MC shouldn't matter" my opinion on that is that it may or not may matter but one thing is for sure that i don't need to see it or known about it.
Making people watch will turn off the majority of non-ntr fan base, it may technically not be ntr but sends the same felling of it if she will become a LI and that's why we don't need to see it. If she will not be a LI and have litle participation in the game is voyeurism but bunch of people don't enjoy that kind of scenes So you should at minimum make it skipable. Now if you want to have a char that is a prostitute and make her a LI first you should not show her "working" or describe it in detail, you can make people know she is or was a protitute but being vague about it if you want to attract more people to like her.

That is my opinion on that matter, I will not get more long with it because didn't played the game and probably never will since dev is thinking on adding ntr and that already added voyeurism .
This thread is already getting cleaned so probably the post isn't going to be here long(im fine with) since its off topic, just wanted to respond to you for taking time the answer my doubts about the game;).

GL and HF

Apr 11, 2020
I actually had no clue this heavy hate for girls doing it/having done it with other guys existed, I hadn't really read any other threads before I made mine.

I actually was scared people would shit on me for the mall detective -> suck my dick or I call the cops thing, and went over it again and changed it into her being into it.

All the things I have in the game is stuff I find really hot. Having to fit all of this into certain Tag boxes is something I didn't even spent a thought on before coming here.

And I get you guys! Looking at the tags I can understand why people feel certain ways. But those Tags are no quantification of the content. I could literally have a single scene regarding a specific Tag in the game, and people could think that one tag is all the game is about.

I'm sure I will explore even more kinks in the future, maybe even real NTR, but the core concept of the game, will be Chad helping girls overcome their problems/challenges and end up loving him dearly and tenderly.
Do your own thing. It's your creation. The second you let whiners dictate your course of action is the second it stops being yours. Trust it to find its audience. From the majority of the reaction and the quality of what you have so far, I'm sure it will.

chipsiup

Aug 12, 2016

Don't worry about the tags. It's not your job to make up for the shortcomings of F95's tag system. I think your warning in the opening post is enough to explain what sort of content your game contains. You should make scenes you find interesting, trying to make something to match the tastes of other people will just burn you out quickly.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Hi Dev,

The game looked to me that it would have some nice renders and you put in a lot of development.

I only got to the first girl scene, was not offered a MC simple name change option.:poop: Add that info to the main description.

I do not want to be a Chad, cannot rename the MC, I cannot care for the MC. I did not want to take the time to edit game files to change the name to play the game, too bad, delete. :(

Oh, and the Warning? Be please be clearer on that, are these the MC's love interest, if not who cares who they get fucked by.

Good luck Dev!

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Hi Dev,

The game looked to me that it would have some nice renders and you put in a lot of development.

I only got to the first girl scene, was not offered a MC simple name change option.:poop: Add that info to the main description.

I do not want to be a Chad, cannot rename the MC, I cannot care for the MC. I did not want to take the time to edit game files to change the name to play the game, too bad, delete. :(

Oh, and the Warning? Be please be clearer on that, are these the MC's love interest, if not who cares who they get fucked by.

Good luck Dev!
Yeah this feature was requested a lot, If I have time, I will try to change it in one of the next versions..

edit: I just spent the last two ours replacing Chad in the whole dialogue system with [mc] lol I left the last name as Gibson for now though.. I hope people won't mind that.

Last edited:

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
Do your own thing. It's your creation. The second you let whiners dictate your course of action is the second it stops being yours. Trust it to find its audience. From the majority of the reaction and the quality of what you have so far, I'm sure it will.
This exactly. The fact that you're doing this as a hobby and are not dependant on income from Patreon or such gives you the freedom to put in or leave out exactly what you want. There will always be people who dislike the game or parts of it (I myself am, to put it lightly, not a sandbox fan) but there will also always be people who enjoy it. Plus now you get to ignore all the 'good advice' about leaving some content out in order to maximize your number of Patreon backers which they make appear as to be giving for your benefit but usually is just a way to bully devs into changing the game to their liking :devilish:

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Ty for the response.

Regarding the line "What a girl does before she meets the MC shouldn't matter" my opinion on that is that it may or not may matter but one thing is for sure that i don't need to see it or known about it.
Making people watch will turn off the majority of non-ntr fan base, it may technically not be ntr but sends the same felling of it if she will become a LI and that's why we don't need to see it. If she will not be a LI and have litle participation in the game is voyeurism but bunch of people don't enjoy that kind of scenes So you should at minimum make it skipable. Now if you want to have a char that is a prostitute and make her a LI first you should not show her "working" or describe it in detail, you can make people know she is or was a protitute but being vague about it if you want to attract more people to like her.

That is my opinion on that matter, I will not get more long with it because didn't played the game and probably never will since dev is thinking on adding ntr and that already added voyeurism .
This thread is already getting cleaned so probably the post isn't going to be here long(im fine with) since its off topic, just wanted to respond to you for taking time the answer my doubts about the game;).

GL and HF
That's fine, I just don't agree with catering to sensitivity and the whole point of the game is you are playing a "Chad" so if you can't get in that mindset, you should stop living through the MC and instead let the MC be the MC he's not you clearly.
As for NTR, I'm pretty sure dev said that there will be no NTR or Scat since dev's not in to that.
I might have missed something though.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017

Tag wars is a thing, but most people don't care about it and they make their decisions after they have played the game.
Especially NTR and not NTR which is why the mods have to put disclaimers in the OP that comments about NTR Will be deleted. if such discussions get out of hand.
As I saw someone else say, keep doing what you want to do and stop caring about what snowflakes think.
Most people don't care if a girl has had sex before you meet her. Especially not college girls, how likely is it that a girl is a virgin at 18+? not very likely. She's at least kissed plenty boys and sucked a few dicks at minimum. You can't cater to those people with every character that's just stupid. if 1 character has sex with other people and you conquer her later and she falls for the MC that's fine. Just ignore those people. If you want to have a girl in the game that loves the MC but also likes male male female threesomes that's also fine, people need to get over themselves and realize that the MC is not the player. The player watches the MC live his life most of the time. There are not many games out there where the dev makes the player make all the choices for the MC, that's just way too many choices. You make key choices to shape the story and the MC gets a personality based on those choices.
Your game already has a MC with a set personality, you don't have to change that. I think you should double down and actually name him Chad Thunder like you said you thought about.
Just bare in mind if you add some sort of NTR, that should probably be avoidable and not forced. people will complain it's even in the game at all, but those people are the ones you ignore.

Reactions: Tiasung

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I can't be sure, but what it looks like to me is a vocal minority need every game to have no NTR, or avoidable NTR, or can't stand to even have another guy get sex in the game if they have to see it. I've even seen a couple say if they know it happened, even if it was off screen, that's too much for them. But what I don't see is a majority of people doing this. Some may claim it's a majority but the evidence isn't there.

I believe that many of those who claim you'll lose support if you don't do what they want, are not and would not be supporters no matter what you do. If you were trying to make money off the game you'd have to make a decision based on actual support given, whether you want to compromise your game for money (no judgement to anyone that does) or stick to what you wish to create.

Re: tags - your game is, from as much as I've played (and I got the prostitute scene) appropriately tagged in terms of "women with other men" content - you have prostitution and voyeurism. Stick to the forum tag definitions, not what someone says something "feels like" to them.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Some criticism on the game itself:

There are some aspects of navigation I think are a little awkward but not sure how to improve them. One possibility is that currently I click on a location (e.g., mall) and then have to select a location within the mall, then select "enter location" - this could maybe be improved by having the mouse hover over the location bring up a sub-list on which you can click to go directly there. Not sure it would be a major improvement but might be a little better. Getting rid of the "enter location" bit would be good. If I click on the clothing store, just take me in, don't offer me another button to click to get in.

I find the character poses amusing and refreshing. Realistic? Perhaps not. But fun.

My biggest complaint so far would be that I met the redhead girl who had (I think) her bag stolen and I got it back and she gave me a handjob. Then I meet her in the park while finding girls to flirt with and she has no idea who I am. I know programming it so that one scene affects the other is more complicated, but it would make a lot more sense to the player.

I tried to charm Kate by deception and that led to inviting her to come over to my place to help taste test my cooking. Which went nowhere. Is that ever supposed to go somewhere?

I haven't played that far, got as far as doing some detective stuff with Jenny, which is going well, and Kate sending me a nude selfie.

I have cheated the stats. I hope this doesn't break the game for me. I mostly cheated because I dislike random chance events. The idea of having to roll a die to determine if something works is unappealing - I'd rather work toward a skill level and that automatically unlocks things. This led to the stats being cheated because they're not separate from cheating the die rolls.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018

Yeah, not reading other threads and as such truly recognizing that heavy hate for the parasite minded activity it essentially amounts to here, on a piracy board that a large majority of the regular posters are always endlessly looking to DL free games/updates from mind you, is probably the #1 contributor to how/why most new devs trip into pushing out a whole lot of similarly generic "no win" crap.

Which speaking of routine trips, changing that blackmail scene in the wishful attempt to not offend anybody didn't ultimately win anything there either. It's blackmail. Aka making a character do something they don't want to do. Having the character enjoy it just strips most of any appeal note it may otherwise have to the people who might enjoy the surrounding rape-y element it naturally is supposed to have. Without such and if you are that worried about offending anybody you might as well just skip over the concept inclusion entirely. Similar to the overly done cum dumpster slut "what's next, he going to create a smelly homeless bum in the park and have the girl somehow end up craving his disgusting cock?"" routine people alternatively create out of the change in female MC games that just ends up generating a lot more total eyerolls in regards to overall character presentation.

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Some criticism on the game itself:

There are some aspects of navigation I think are a little awkward but not sure how to improve them. One possibility is that currently I click on a location (e.g., mall) and then have to select a location within the mall, then select "enter location" - this could maybe be improved by having the mouse hover over the location bring up a sub-list on which you can click to go directly there. Not sure it would be a major improvement but might be a little better. Getting rid of the "enter location" bit would be good. If I click on the clothing store, just take me in, don't offer me another button to click to get in.
I will think about that! It would probably take some time and testing to not accidently break stuff, but I think it is doable!

The Problem I see is that it would make checking for girls really annoying, since you might only know she is in the general vicinity, but can't quickly click through all the sub locations without entering every single of them..

But maybe I find a solution.. I have some general ideas but there could be problems..

EDIT: I figured it out, instead of the vertical list, every location will get something like the main map screen!
It will probably derail my content update timetable, but should feel a lot better to use!

I find the character poses amusing and refreshing. Realistic? Perhaps not. But fun.

My biggest complaint so far would be that I met the redhead girl who had (I think) her bag stolen and I got it back and she gave me a handjob. Then I meet her in the park while finding girls to flirt with and she has no idea who I am. I know programming it so that one scene affects the other is more complicated, but it would make a lot more sense to the player.
Yeah the three nameless npc girls are intended to just be forgetable side characters for easy basic events or when I need background characters. But I can see your point! I try to keep such continuity errors to as much a minimum as I can without going crazy in the process!

In this case the new event interacting with the old ones really slipped my mind. I could easily add a few extra lines when you met one of them like "Do I know you from somewehere? Nevermind.." after you met one of them, do you think that would suffice?
(You also run into that problem when you play the hit on event multiple times)

I tried to charm Kate by deception and that led to inviting her to come over to my place to help taste test my cooking. Which went nowhere. Is that ever supposed to go somewhere?
Sorry no, but I see how this is really misleading, I will change that!

I haven't played that far, got as far as doing some detective stuff with Jenny, which is going well, and Kate sending me a nude selfie.

I have cheated the stats. I hope this doesn't break the game for me. I mostly cheated because I dislike random chance events. The idea of having to roll a die to determine if something works is unappealing - I'd rather work toward a skill level and that automatically unlocks things. This led to the stats being cheated because they're not separate from cheating the die rolls.
It shouldn't break the game for now, maybe I will add events in the future that trigger when passing a threshold, but right now you should be safe!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeanjacquouile

despiteful

COED Conquest Dev
Game Developer
Jun 12, 2020
Yeah, not reading other threads and as such truly recognizing that heavy hate for the parasite minded activity it essentially amounts to here, on a piracy board that a large majority of the regular posters are always endlessly looking to DL free games/updates from mind you, is probably the #1 contributor to how/why most new devs trip into pushing out a whole lot of similarly generic "no win" crap.

Which speaking of routine trips, changing that blackmail scene in the wishful attempt to not offend anybody didn't ultimately win anything there either. It's blackmail. Aka making a character do something they don't want to do. Having the character enjoy it just strips most of any appeal note it may otherwise have to the people who might enjoy the surrounding rape-y element it naturally is supposed to have. Without such and if you are that worried about offending anybody you might as well just skip over the concept inclusion entirely. Similar to the overly done cum dumpster slut "what's next, he going to create a smelly homeless bum in the park and have the girl somehow end up craving his disgusting cock?"" routine people alternatively create out of the change in female MC games that just ends up generating a lot more total eyerolls in regards to overall character presentation.
I think I agree, ultimately the scene worked out, and transitioned better with the girl eventually falling for the MC, but In the future I won't compromise for the sake of not being pissing someone off!

Avoiding to be generic in the genre I chose will probably be a challange, since there are is a lot of generic stuff that I enjoy! Haha.. But maybe I can add my own twist to it!

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Yeah the three nameless npc girls are intended to just be forgetable side characters for easy basic events or when I need background characters. But I can see your point! I try to keep such continuity errors to as much a minimum as I can without going crazy in the process!

In this case the new event interacting with the old ones really slipped my mind. I could easily add a few extra lines when you met one of them like "Do I know you from somewehere? Nevermind.." after you met one of them, do you think that would suffice?
(You also run into that problem when you play the hit on event multiple times)
Kind of a pity the redhead won't be a meaningful character because I really like her look. But I also understand more characters means more complexity and fitting her into the story would be work time that could be better spent on the main characters. So I'm not asking for that, only expressing very mild disappointment. I also like the look of the main characters I've met so far and am happy if they're what I get.

Now that I know these characters won't feature as main characters I'm less concerned. If the dialogue could show either that she's forgotten you, or that she remembers you and is happy to have some more fun, that would be enough. The second choice would be better, I think, for anyone that plays the encounters multiple times, because how forgetful could she be?

Re: cheating the stats. If it does ever break the game, that's on me for cheating, and I'll restart without - may just do that anyway now since I'm not too far in. As long as it's not too grindy to make progress without the cheat I'll be good.

Reactions: Tiasung

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017

You should totally 'Do You'. Make the game you want to make, how you want to make it. I fully support this (even if those decisions exclude me as a player).

As to the issue with tags, players do not know you or where your personal 'line' is regarding fetishes and prefered content. All players have to go by is the tags (which as you point out are very yes/no on/off,) binary things. Or they can read the forums, which can be.... "assertive of opinions".

My only suggestion regarding direction for development is the same thing I always suggest to developers.
Be honest with what your doing/direction (again not accusing you or anyone of being otherwise).

Besides this, and depending on how many players / which type of players you're aiming for, consider making some/all content avoidable. Personally, I can say that I have played many titles with lots of themes I did not like, but because I was able to either turn those fetishes off at the start or make clearly listed decisions to avoid that content, I was able to enjoy those games.

A final note regarding making content 'avoidable', if you choose to go that route. I highly suggest you make ALL potentially off-putting content avoidable. Many a Dev has gone the direction of making "most" or "some" content avoidable. But a good deal of the "No to XYZ" players tend to view this as a half measure and it will do little to gain their support. So if you choose to take the 'It's avoidable' step, I strongly recommend going the whole way.

Whichever you decide,
Good Luck with the game.

Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
It doesnt happen. There is the Asian Girl to the left in the banner whom you find in the forest selling herself for 300 dollars fucking a guy and speaks to herself about having done so multiple times before.
What a girl does before she meets the MC shouldn't matter. None of the 5 LI so far has touched another man while being with the MC. I can't seem to unlock the 6th though if it is at all possible.
Well first meetings are very important for a lot of people and seeing something like that can make or break a character for some people.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes