Others Coffee Extra: Ukuzala [v20241002v6] [unnie]

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes

Rend77

Sep 26, 2020
Have you watched the epilogue? Go to the chapter select and play through the 8th chapter for each path. Then after walking out the door for all three, let the characters talk as if your starting another loop.
thanks

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Added an epilogue. It plays out after unlocking all 3 ending and leaving the house.
Free Play mode is enabled. It's probably still buggy, but is otherwise playable. You unlock it after the epilogue.
Make sure to read the rules, as they're substantially different in order to gamify it.

As evident by my signature the game has a Steam page now! It's surreal - almost like I'm a real dev.

Please consider wishlisting - it helps with the algorithm, even if you don't intend on buying it.
Sorry for the cynical approach, but the amount of effort I put into this game hinges on its performance.
It's become taxing to come up with interesting ideas for such a limited environment.
I could probably do a route where the gang remembers all the previous events. I guess that might still be fun.

Either way, I still intend to add dialogue in-between turns to Free Play mode and obviously do bugfixes. Maybe add a few more cards I had ideas for and some Free Play configuration options.
I've been playing a lot more of the "Coffee: Demo", since I found it, it's even more, interesting/scratches-a-different-itch :devilish:, than this game, though I plan to finish it . Also, since finding "Coffee: Demo", I've been trying to find other games in the same, genre/style/subject, . . .
But, it's difficult, because I'm not sure if there is, a "Tag" that best describes this kink/fetish/etc., of "insects/monsters/creatures, forcibly-impregnating females, and males, (to-females, via transformational secretions/drugs :unsure:)", to use in NSFW game site searches ?

Back to Coffee Extra:Ukuzala ;
It seems to me that "Kari" has a "sexual/romantic" interest in the PC, by her displayed "excitement" reaction to the PC's "positive" answer to the question of sharing a room together ?

Was/is, hoping to see some girl-on-girl interactions :love:, between those two . . . and maybe more, with the rest of the ladies when/if, things start getting "sexually-influenced & hormonally-heated" via all the pregnancies :sneaky: .
Next time I log into Steam, I will most definitely, wish-list it, as it's the least I can do to help . (y)

Have you had any ideas about making anymore games in these genres, you have the talent, and a following of fans ? :cool:

Reactions: Necronlord5

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
When i think about that i supported you on patreon for 7 months for the original coffee game 2 years ago, and you abandoned that game for this dog&#@ makes me realy angry. Ye im sure @&#ing out content for this game is more easy you dont have to animate anything coz the game doesnt have sexual content....
Hey, well shit happens . . . then you die . :rolleyes:

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
hey sorry for bothering everyone I need help I have the wood from the basement, and I can't move on from there when I talk to the two girls downstairs the candle lady and the game lady what am I supposed to do next?
Add the wood to the stove, in the main room . . . then use the a candle . . . ( it can be a bit 'finicky') .

unniex

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
Unniex - Absolutely loving the Free Play mode!

If you're open to suggestions, I've been playing around with it a lot and have some ideas.
  • The luck and 2x roll cards combined with the even/odd mechanics are a little unfortunate, because it locks you in to whichever type you're already on, as you can only roll evens.
  • Luck could perhaps just override one of the two rolls, that way there are still options, or give you a third choice that's always 6.
  • The clone and swap cards don't seem to always target correctly when drawn by an NPC, and they fizzle a lot, which is a shame because they're great.
  • In the story mode, being unable to move due to a high roll causes a new card to be drawn each time. Bringing that to free play would be really interesting, instead of just having an NPC force roll a winning number at the end.
  • The Advance Pregnancy card seems to be setting a character to the number of weeks they're currently on. This interacts oddly with the Go To 1 card, and frequently causes growth to reverse, even though the dialog talks about just getting bigger. Shame to see the ladies shrinking!
  • It would be amazing if NPCs could be aware of which effects are already in play, and avoid giving duplicate effects to the same character. I've had games where at least 50% of cards just fizzle due to repeat targeting. The same goes for cards that are invalid, such as adding fertility to someone already under the effect of Foal or Clone.
  • An option to start as any of the four characters would be fun.
  • An options to nudge the NPCs picks could also be fun - Try to only take even or odd rolls, always take highest or lowest, or gang up on one person. That sort of thing.
  • On repeated Free Plays, it would be fantastic for the state of the previous loser to transfer between games, since part of the rules are that she doesn't get reset back.
Again absolutely loving this, thank you for making it.
I don't think there is a problem with luck or double rolls. Getting stuck in an unwinnable situation is fine.
I suppose there's a case to be made on whether "Luck" should roll the exact number necessary to give birth instead, but this so much more difficult to implement that I went with the "stuck" approach.

Can you elaborate on Clone and Swap issues?
Exchange and Swap don't work on a targets with Clone. This is purely due to technical limitation. I might be able to fix that later on.
They also don't work if the NPC drew them on an odd tile as they require a target. Should still work when PC does it.
Clone checks if Fertility is over 1 and if it is, it fizzles.

Drawing cards when stuck sounds good; will add it to the list. Might even give the player a "way out" if they're stuck, like you've mentioned above.

'Advance Pregnancy' functions as intended combined with 'Move to 1'. Maybe it needs a better name instead? Either way, I think it's fine to give them reprieve, even if it's just one card.

"It would be amazing if NPCs could be aware of which effects are already in play, and avoid giving duplicate effects to the same character. I've had games where at least 50% of cards just fizzle due to repeat targeting. The same goes for cards that are invalid, such as adding fertility to someone already under the effect of Foal or Clone."
The main problem is that my dialogue system wasn't designed for dynamic on-the-spot changes and a lot of what appear to be decisions, choices and reactions are generated the moment an NPC throws a die, and the dialogue and effect scripts just play out. A lot of this is a more difficult to implement than it sounds.

"An options to nudge the NPCs picks could also be fun - Try to only take even or odd rolls, always take highest or lowest, or gang up on one person. That sort of thing."
Current set up is as follows:

Yuri always picks the roll that can target the character that targeted her last time. After that her "revenge" target resets.
If no such roll exists, or she doesn't have anyone in mind, she pick the highest roll possible, until her pregnancy is cumbersome enough that she starts picking the lowest roll possible

Kari will always pick the roll that gives her an even number and will always target Anne.
If that's not available, she will always pick the highest roll possible.

Nanami will pick the lowest roll if she's ahead and the highest roll if she's behind.
When targeting someone she picks at random.

The logic is a bit more abstract when they're near birth, which I assume is why some of these crashes near end happen.
What I think you're suggesting is influencing their choices through dialogue options? I don't know. I can look into it.

I guess the big question is. Do you plan to continue updating Coffee Extras or is it truly finished at this point.
I will be adding features to Free Play.
I don't know about story content. Maybe. Like I said, this stopped being fun and became more like work.

I've been playing a lot more of the "Coffee: Demo", since I found it, it's even more, interesting/scratches-a-different-itch :devilish:, than this game, though I plan to finish it . Also, since finding "Coffee: Demo", I've been trying to find other games in the same, genre/style/subject, . . .
But, it's difficult, because I'm not sure if there is, a "Tag" that best describes this kink/fetish/etc., of "insects/monsters/creatures, forcibly-impregnating females, and males, (to-females, via transformational secretions/drugs :unsure:)", to use in NSFW game site searches ?

Back to Coffee Extra:Ukuzala ;
It seems to me that "Kari" has a "sexual/romantic" interest in the PC, by her displayed "excitement" reaction to the PC's "positive" answer to the question of sharing a room together ?

Was/is, hoping to see some girl-on-girl interactions :love:, between those two . . . and maybe more, with the rest of the ladies when/if, things start getting "sexually-influenced & hormonally-heated" via all the pregnancies :sneaky: .
Next time I log into Steam, I will most definitely, wish-list it, as it's the least I can do to help . (y)

Have you had any ideas about making anymore games in these genres, you have the talent, and a following of fans ? :cool:
The character personalities are designed to mirror Coffee Story. As such, Kari is player-sexual, if that makes sense.

While I do have several idea I always wanted to materialize, like with Ukuzala, the main game is nowhere near complete. Not even close. I should just work on that.

Honestly, I kinda wanted to have a go at remaking Magical Camp in my engine, since it's officially abandoned. But my supporters will probably crucify me if I pick up another side project, not to mention it's entirely feminization focused. I think there might be a large demographic split in people following me.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
I don't think there is a problem with luck or double rolls. Getting stuck in an unwinnable situation is fine.
I suppose there's a case to be made on whether "Luck" should roll the exact number necessary to give birth instead, but this so much more difficult to implement that I went with the "stuck" approach.

Exchange and Swap don't work on a targets with Clone. This is purely due to technical limitation. I might be able to fix that later on.
They also don't work if the NPC drew them on an odd tile as they require a target. Should still work when PC does it.

Drawing cards when stuck sounds good; will add it to the list. Might even give the player a "way out" if they're stuck, like you've mentioned above.

'Advance Pregnancy' functions as intended combined with 'Move to 1'. Maybe it needs a better name instead? Either way, I think it's fine to give them reprieve, even if it's just one card.

"It would be amazing if NPCs could be aware of which effects are already in play, and avoid giving duplicate effects to the same character. I've had games where at least 50% of cards just fizzle due to repeat targeting. The same goes for cards that are invalid, such as adding fertility to someone already under the effect of Foal or Clone."
The main problem is that my dialogue system wasn't designed for dynamic on-the-spot changes and a lot of what appear to be decisions, choices and reactions are generated the moment an NPC throws a die, and the dialogue and effect scripts just play out. A lot of this is a more difficult to implement than it sounds.

"An options to nudge the NPCs picks could also be fun - Try to only take even or odd rolls, always take highest or lowest, or gang up on one person. That sort of thing."

Yuri always picks the roll that can target the character that targeted her last time. After that her "revenge" target resets.
If no such roll exists, or she doesn't have anyone in mind, she pick the highest roll possible, until her pregnancy is cumbersome enough that she starts picking the lowest roll possible

Kari will always pick the roll that gives her an even number and will always target Anne.

Nanami will pick the lowest roll if she's ahead and the highest roll if she's behind.

The logic is a bit more abstract when they're near birth, which I assume is why some of these crashes near end happen.
What I think you're suggesting is influencing their choices through dialogue options? I don't know. I can look into it.

I don't know about story content. Maybe. Like I said, this stopped being fun and became more like work.

The character personalities are designed to mirror Coffee Story. As such, Kari is player-sexual, if that makes sense.

While I do have several idea I always wanted to materialize, like with Ukuzala, the main game is nowhere near complete. Not even close. I should just work on that.

Honestly, I kinda wanted to have a go at remaking Magical Camp in my engine, since it's officially abandoned. But my supporters will probably crucify me if I pick up another side project, not to mention it's entirely feminization focused. I think there might be a large demographic split in people following me.

Sorry, if I'm asking an 'obvious' dumb question . . . but my curious-nature holds no bounds .

Okay, you have "Coffee Story", "Coffee: Demo" and, "Coffee Extra: Ukuzala" .

"Coffee: Demo", is not the same at all to "Coffee Extra: Ukuzala" . . .
Even though you used some of the same "models" . . . (though, I'd wish you had used "Kari", as the Female Protagonist in "Coffee: Demo" ).

I'm kinda getting, that "Coffee Story", is more of a story, . . . that you converted into a game ? :unsure:
(via this statement , "The character personalities are designed to mirror Coffee Story." )
and,
"Coffee Extra : Ukuzala", the game, is a shorter version of "Coffee Story" in game form . . . OR, I'm completely Lost .

So, is the next game going to be titled "Coffee Extra: Free Play +" . . . :cool::LOL: (y)

Plover

Sep 12, 2019
It's not so much the getting stuck that seems like an issue - combined with still drawing it's an interesting mechanic. The times I wish it was different are early on. Lets say my first card drawn is self-luck. That means I'm on a self-targeting tile, and since I will now only advance 6 tiles at a time, every card will be self targeting. Unless I'm hit with a card to move an uneven number of tiles, the game is on autopilot from then on.

I believe that's the exact issue I'm seeing. I've just had a few runs where this happened a lot in a row due to RNG.
Could this be solved by having two different decks that are drawn from? If they were split between an even and odd deck, some of the duds could be left out.

That makes sense if it's updating their state just like landing on a dark tile, and I also can't think of a better name.

Totally fair. Much easier to throw out ideas when I have no idea what nightmares it would create in the codebase.

I was thinking something like how the phone to adjust music works. The doll could be in a corner, and interacting with it before the first dice roll would let you change behaviors, or change which character you're playing as. Could also be used to enable a persistence mode where the next run retains the pregnancy state of the loser from the previous run.

I totally understand this might be way beyond what the engine was meant to do.

Thank you for taking the time to go over this, and good luck! I hope this does amazingly on Steam.

garand_m12

Aug 30, 2019

Any chance you can add a "cheat" option on the freeplay? such as a toggle to make the next card being pulled will be a "back to 1" in case you want to just prolong the game

vinnie1121

Feb 24, 2022

If I could make some suggestions, it would be great if there were more effects and transformations exclusive to Free Play. Maybe some depuffs that have sexual visuals. Or have them give birth to other things. Maybe carry some stuff over from the other game.

Also, something I find really annoying is how limited the dialoged is in Free Play. I know it's really early and not much has been added, but it weird that the characters always say "is that all" after they get hit with like 3 diffrent effects.

It would also be nice if you could increase the size limit for the expansions, but that's just me.

Dikkus

Oct 8, 2021
I would definitely support such a remake but Ive actually still not played the final update, despite having it downloaded for near a year. I just know when I finish that its basically over/done so its one of those (Don't open) things for me. I spent so much time theory crafting and thinking about that game tbh. (I still stand by the player character and isobel are related/possibly sisters based on the evidence we have)

Still it would be a rather large time sync and I get leaving that as some passion project for the future after coffee is farther along.

Chicken Inheritance

Apr 18, 2020
Well ultimately, as Unniex is doing this for free, he's free to do whatever he wishes. After bug squashing and putting any finishing touches on Ukuzala, you take some time off and sketch out a new game you have passion for.

As for your next project, my recommendation would be to mix Magical Camp with Ukuzala, with magical girls who must get increasingly pregnant and then give birth to power up and defeat foes.

Darklin132

Formerly 'darklinkno'
Sep 5, 2017
Ended up with a crash twice. If some one draws a card for advance pregnancy and move 6 (might also happen for move 12) and pass the end the game will crash. Happened with Yuri the second time don't remember the first.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Second crash if you sit down after the game is over and you sit down since the table vanishes tested twice.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Plover

Sep 12, 2019
save for freeplay plz?
Not sure about any other OS, but under Windows your save file is named board_chapters in Appdata\Local\Coffee_Extra_Ukuzala

Edit it to match below. The 1.0 enables Free Play, and the three 8.0s are the unlocked chapters.

[1.0,8.0,8.0,8.0,0.0]

Reactions: Serpream

Archies

Aug 22, 2017
I Noticed that itcho has version 7 while this thread has version 6. what are the differences between the two? Sorry in advance if this question has already been asked.

Rend77

Sep 26, 2020
im new to this game and really loved it hope there is more to the story the ending is great for a story i hope he continue where it ended its really beautiful thanks for the game gl

Rend77

Sep 26, 2020
in the game there is and opting i choice to get anne naked and she says not here is there a way to get her naked or not?

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes