SolidusEvol

Mar 7, 2018
So why are games starting to not work after the updates? This is maybe the 3rd or 4th game that I have played earlier versions of with no problem but newest version crashes immediately, and yes tried the "hold shift and change graphics & tried 32 version" I can get the page to come up and change graphics but still crashes as soon as I try to play. I think I played this one up to version 3.09 maybe? I can't remember for sure as I was going to try and let it build few updates and get more than 5min of gameplay.
I had the same problem where the game crashes as soon as you start it and cant change anything i just gave up

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Oh yes i can wait, the problem is that people are curious in general and check every updates and get annoyed when they see that nothing really progress.
But you tell me to wait for 2-3 updates, so at this rate i will get maybe 20 minutes of game time i guess !!:rolleyes: what a huge difference.:ROFLMAO:

No my message was not only to complain about the short update but also about the fact that it becomes clear that the dev is doing those frequent updates to maintain a presence here and to try to get people to buy his webcam girl stuff.
So it's clear for me that all this is motivated by getting as much as money as possible.
Less and less game content and more paying stuff.
It's not a problem for me i'm not interested in his cam girl thing. I'm a patron for many games which really deserve some money and deliver regular updates with a normal content size.
Don't worry bro, no one forces you pay "him" anything if you don't want to and neither force you to play the game.
And let me tell you something, the dev is not doing those updates to "maintain presence" here because he is in Steam and many of the support comes from that (surprising hmm?).
Some people like to wait a few updates and others want to play what is new even if is only 100/200 renders a week or so ...that btw is a very good work for someone that is working alone.

**For those having problems with the game I have beta test this game whenever I have time and never had a problem running it, maybe you guys should start it as an admin or turn off the antivirus since with the last update of Renpy the antivirus can block some renpy games that have both 64/32 bits exes.

SSBBSNAKE

Jul 27, 2017
So why are games starting to not work after the updates? This is maybe the 3rd or 4th game that I have played earlier versions of with no problem but newest version crashes immediately, and yes tried the "hold shift and change graphics & tried 32 version" I can get the page to come up and change graphics but still crashes as soon as I try to play. I think I played this one up to version 3.09 maybe? I can't remember for sure as I was going to try and let it build few updates and get more than 5min of gameplay.
that shit started to happen recently to me too, older games runs nice, but newer games or updates dont let me even start the game...

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
that shit started to happen recently to me too, older games runs nice, but newer games or updates dont let me even start the game...
Like djkunn already stated, Ren'Py 7.4.x will often be picked up by AV heuristics. Try disabling your AV or whitelisting the game's files (the executables inside the root as well as those inside the lib dir corresponding to your architecture). Hope this helps!

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
College Bound [v0.3.14 Public] [FOZ] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Original Win/Linux Size: 1.75 GB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 495 MB

Original Mac Size: 1.72 GB
Compressed Mac Size: 460 MB

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

longdong4005

Aug 1, 2019
You do know there is such a thing as "waiting" right? You could always just wait for updates to start piling up so that you could play the equivalent of 2-3 normal development of an update?
i skipped the last 4 updates and only got around 30 minutes of playtime and a serious case of blue balls. might as well wait till the game is finished at this point.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Is it the last 3-4 updates now where nothing significant has happened? Genuinely asking.
3.10 had the MC's first time having sex with his girlfriend; I'd consider that fairly significant story development. But since then, yeah, it's been fairly quiet.

wait wait wait so after everything your still forced to cheat on Summer anyway What!!
No?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
unless its my save thats broken after the Amber scene im forced to fuck Miranda
You're right, my bad, I responded without noticing the latest update. Yeah, that sucks.

Possibly the dev found it too difficult to juggle such disparate paths but it's still bad form to lead the players on for so long thinking they can be loyal, then throw in a forced scene like that (esp. the MC going along with it with little more than an 'Oh, well.').

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Miranda's character development really is all over the place, huh? She vacillates wildly from one scene to the next, from needy sex addict to happy sub to fiendish mastermind to aggressive domme and back again, with absolutely no rhyme or reason.

3.40 star(s) 94 Votes