dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
For the best experience, you should replay the game using my mod, especially since Foz made plenty of minor changes to the dialogue (besides what I did if incest is turned on) and to some of the game itself.
What is the nature of the incest in this game, exactly? Who do you get to bang?

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
You should test your mod with incest disabled. There are some issues pretty early on that cause a crash.
Also some of the text in 4.01 with Linda is replaced even when incest is disabled...
I will check again but there shouldn't be any issues since I am using if/else statements for all the dialogue/story changes.

bludmarine

Jul 5, 2020
I will check again but there shouldn't be any issues since I am using if/else statements for all the dialogue/story changes.
I can safely say that disabling incest, causes a crash when you meet Jess for the first time. Enabling it allows you to continue as normal. If you add your mod to existing save, anything involving Jess also causes a crash.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I tried Lord Ashrams walkthrough, cheat & incest mod on the Steam version of the game, and it threw an exception when I clicked to start a new game.

The file script1.rpy calls for a skipchoice screen but can't find it.
However, looking through the files in the /Game/Utils folder, I found a file named skipscreen.rpy and looked at it in a texteditor. I noticed that for the steam version, all of the lines in this file are commented out.
So I enabled every commented out line of code in the file and attempted to run the game again. Success, no exception when starting a new game.
I played to just past the point when the mc has his first interaction with Lynda, to see if the mod works ok, and so far there were no issues.
I had intended on testing out my mod on the Steam version but haven't gotten to it yet, thanks for doing that.

Reactions: Lotus Havreflarn

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I can safely say that disabling incest, causes a crash when you meet Jess for the first time. Enabling it allows you to continue as normal. If you add your mod to existing save, anything involving Jess also causes a crash.
I figured it might cause an issue with Jesse if you use an existing save due to how I had to change things to add "cousin" to her name but I know how to fix that and will do so with today's update for 4.0.2, thanks for the heads up.

Lotus Havreflarn

Sep 4, 2021
I had intended on testing out my mod on the Steam version but haven't gotten to it yet, thanks for doing that.
Thank you. I tried it mostly out of curiosity to see if it would work, since I hadn't found any mention of a steam-specific mod anywhere. I figured it wouldn't be surprising if it had some issue with steam, considering this mod is for non-steam version 4.01 and the steam version is only taken up to version 3.20 with the release of episode 2 a cpl days ago.
When it threw that exception it triggered some switch in my puzzle-addicted brain and made it go "hmm, a challenge". :LOL:

Reactions: Lord Ashram

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Well...
Fuck...

Here's a first for me with all of these games I've done. After doing some more checking I just now noticed that I ended up using the story files from the 3.20 version with the added 4.0.1 script file plus all my changes. I have no idea what the hell happened to all my work I did to backport my changes to the new 4.x story.

So, I will backport my changes to the 4.0.4 version for the 4.0.2 Public release of my mod. This means I won't be able to release my mod around the same time as the Public release of 4.0.2 but some time later, depending on how busy my personal life will be today (it's been very busy the past week+) as to how soon I can get the corrected version with the newest updates out. The Patreon versions get released in the early afternoon timeframe for the America's so hopefully mine will be out by the evening time in the America's.

Reactions: Grelk and jackkane

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Update, so I definitely won't have this ready by evening my time, but I am working on making sure the walkthrough context is better.
Here is a screen shot highlighting the code some code changes I'm doing:
cb.png

BTW, Foz has changed things up so the game is more cohesive with the Steam Episodic releases so I would have done a little bit of extra work with this release no matter what. But it looks like now his focus should just be the Ep 3 content.

For those that don't care, the 4.0.2 Public Release should be available to the public on his Patreon page if you look.

Hell Razor

Sep 17, 2021
I picked up on Summer being possibly psychotic when she was acting weird and at the freak out at the party as likely PS, before the girl new to the school mentioned it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Grelk

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I picked up on Summer being possibly psychotic when she was acting weird and at the freak out at the party as likely PS, before the girl new to the school mentioned it.
It's been discussed many times on here that she could be either (or both) psychic (the dream she had with the MC + Blanca, possibly actually seeing her dead grandmother) or psychotic as Foz seems to be flirting with both about her. Either way we shall see how he takes what she is in his story.

I'm putting my money on her being an alien from another planet and she has her real memories being hidden from her, lol.

Hell Razor

Sep 17, 2021
It's been discussed many times on here that she could be either (or both) psychic (the dream she had with the MC + Blanca, possibly actually seeing her dead grandmother) or psychotic as Foz seems to be flirting with both about her. Either way we shall see how he takes what she is in his story.

I'm putting my money on her being an alien from another planet and she has her real memories being hidden from her, lol.
I only downloaded with this release and hadn't played before, got to the end. I was a Psych major so...
Also, the thing where he was out from the pot and was told someone close to his heart was maybe a danger to him

Jan 28, 2019
I think this game should have been titled "Stupid people who can't communicate make bad choices."

Every single plot line in this game is driven by drama that nearly universally stems from a complete failure to communicate. When, for example, you have everything you need to unfuck a situation and clear things up, but the MC doesn't do so, because the dev wanted that drama to hang around a little longer, it gets frustrating.

But that isn't the deal breaker for me. Bad/corny writing is kind of par for the course with many of these games. The big issue is the "Summer only" path.
Namely, the unavoidable sex you have with the principal. In order to get Amber off the hook, you are FORCED to give in to what Miranda wants, and fuck her in her office.

Look, you're already friends with a cop. Why is Miranda still in the story?
You have a recording of her, in which she confirms her bias for Liu, makes it clear it is about money, and sexually propositions you. You have knowledge that at least one teacher isn't being paid. And you have a cop who wants to join an anti-corruption task force.
What was to stop the MC from taking Mary, going to the cop, showing her the recording (he had to steal home security equipment to record? Is MC so stupid he doesn't know his phone has a camera and microphone?), and explaining Mary's situation, before suggesting that the police should investigate the college and Miranda, and audit both, while also suggesting he'd like to file a sexual harassment claim against the school?

What is to stop that is the need by the dev to have this constant line of drama. Seriously, we have everything we would need to address this, in the palms of our hands, and the person to take it to. Instead, the MC, who is supposed to be brilliant enough to earn the scholarship, can't figure this out, and trudges along up until he gets blackmailed into fucking Miranda... which kills a "loyal boyfriend" playthrough, and will, doubtless, just be the jump off point for the next major drama event that pushes the plot forward.

If this was a "fuck everything that moves" game, then I'd shrug this off, but when you give the option of a loyal playthrough, why force a sex scene on us that we have, to this point in the game, fought to avoid?

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Namely, the unavoidable sex you have with the principal. In order to get Amber off the hook, you are FORCED to give in to what Miranda wants, and fuck her in her office.
hmmm...my MC never had sex with Miranda, because I find her repulsive...and didn't end up in any bad scenarios from that decision.

Jan 28, 2019
hmmm...my MC never had sex with Miranda, because I find her repulsive...and didn't end up in any bad scenarios from that decision.
On the Summer only playthrough, the morning I took her virginity, I met Amber at the gym. Amber punches out Lui. All scripted, can't do anything about it.
Later, I get called to the college, and Miranda is chewing out Amber in the office. Only way to get Amber off is to tell Miranda I'll gove her what she wants. Again, no choice on my part. All scripted. MC then fucks Miranda over her desk.

I see no way to avoid these scenes.

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
On the Summer only playthrough, the morning I took her virginity, I met Amber at the gym. Amber punches out Lui. All scripted, can't do anything about it.
Later, I get called to the college, and Miranda is chewing out Amber in the office. Only way to get Amber off is to tell Miranda I'll gove her what she wants. Again, no choice on my part. All scripted. MC then fucks Miranda over her desk.

I see no way to avoid these scenes.
ahh...I didn't do Summer-only. My MC is a PoS that sleeps with all the hot young ones. My bad, I missed that aspect in your first post.

Jan 28, 2019
ahh...I didn't do Summer-only. My MC is a PoS that sleeps with all the hot young ones. My bad, I missed that aspect in your first post.
I wanted to do a loyalty playthrough, and then a "fuck 'em all" playthrough. If this happened in a playthrough where I fucked everything, I wouldn't be bothered by it...
but that almost makes it worse that in your fuck'm-all playthrough, you got to avoid it lol

Hell Razor

Sep 17, 2021
Yeah, the Miranda thing is a bit fucked up. I fucked her to get to go to France, as she promised if I did. I also blackmailed her with the recording promising to delete it once there. She's not half bad looking. There's a bit of an error. We (me and Summer's slutty best friend) agreed to not fuck around for Summer's sake, but a bit later it was like we were constantly fucking each other raw. Then Summer goes crazy. Ay yi yi.

Rock&Rule

Mar 15, 2019
There needs to be an option to put her ass on a plane and wave goodbye. I was praying there would be another phone call allowing you to get out of sleeping with Summer.

Reactions: JJsaint
3.40 star(s) 94 Votes