anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
i saw that this said female protagonist and character customization, so does that mean its female protag only so far and if so any plans are added a male protag if there isnt one already?
There is no male protag. This is about a woman's adventures.

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
This game is right up my alley, it has a female MC virgin with customizable POC features; like, dayum, girl, hit all those points! Gotta be honest, if it had rape, it'll literally be my dream game.

I'mma play a bit o' devil on your shoulder, and sprinkle some food for thought for issuing some CNC of the rape baiting variety? I do like NC in games, but it's as you say, for me, I don't like being snared into NC by unwanted characters, and would like the player to have a bit of agency into picking choices that would lead to a player desired rape? It'll be rape baiting on the player's end, but NC on the character's end? Though you mentioned it's not really your cup'a, fair, so I'll admit I wouldn't mind leaving it to CNC fantasy fully in the characters explicit permission? I've my eye on both bad boys BFF's Ex BF and Dealer, though Frat Dude may have the moxie. (Though, honestly, all of them have dubious-con energy, not gonna lie. :sneaky:)

I'm hoping you'd consider it, given that there was a scene in there that's already leaning heavily on what I'm referring to, in regards to Blair and Gabe, it felt pretty rape bait-ish to me, and I liiiked~ iiit~ a looot~!!! :love:
Just to add a voice of support.

Separating what the player might want and what his or her protagonist might want is something every developer should be aware of, so I don't think you're out of line at all. (Of course, the dev might not desire any NC content at all, but so far every indication is that this is not the case)

The important thing is to clue in the PLAYER in what's about to happen. If it's fairly obvious to the PLAYER that the drug lord piece of shit won't be nice and gentlemanly it doesn't matter that our heroine might be a bit clueless and not expect what's coming.

My point is: keep the choices in-game. Don't ask the player meta questions (except as options on the start screen).

For instance, bringing the player out of the narrative to ask him or her "do you want the heroine to get raped?" is a butt-ugly way of doing things. Having a general option "non-consensual ON/OFF" would be much better. Giving the player enough clues to make informed choices would be best, however.

If you want to leave an out you can have the heroine react by getting upset and even crying to be able to escape a situation unharmed. Choosing "she gets really upset and doesn't calm down until morning" is a much better way of telling the game "no NC content for me", and it means the player can trust the game to not throw unavoidable content in his or her face.

(Of course NC is just an example here. Nothing wrong with a game filled to the brim with NC! If the dev wants NC to be unavoidable, simply add the tag to the thread, and assume everybody not into a particular fetish just steers clear entirely.)

Reactions: tripleP and Jiffie

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Just to add a voice of support.

Separating what the player might want and what his or her protagonist might want is something every developer should be aware of, so I don't think you're out of line at all. (Of course, the dev might not desire any NC content at all, but so far every indication is that this is not the case)

The important thing is to clue in the PLAYER in what's about to happen. If it's fairly obvious to the PLAYER that the drug lord piece of shit won't be nice and gentlemanly it doesn't matter that our heroine might be a bit clueless and not expect what's coming.

My point is: keep the choices in-game. Don't ask the player meta questions (except as options on the start screen).

For instance, bringing the player out of the narrative to ask him or her "do you want the heroine to get raped?" is a butt-ugly way of doing things. Having a general option "non-consensual ON/OFF" would be much better. Giving the player enough clues to make informed choices would be best, however.

If you want to leave an out you can have the heroine react by getting upset and even crying to be able to escape a situation unharmed. Choosing "she gets really upset and doesn't calm down until morning" is a much better way of telling the game "no NC content for me", and it means the player can trust the game to not throw unavoidable content in his or her face.

(Of course NC is just an example here. Nothing wrong with a game filled to the brim with NC! If the dev wants NC to be unavoidable, simply add the tag to the thread, and assume everybody not into a particular fetish just steers clear entirely.)
I agree with the NC stuff and another thing they could do is next to the choice explain that it will lead to NC sex in brackets or something. Being solely Female protagonist is also good but I would like to see a male protag game with a customizable MC like this as this game sets a good example and hopefully will continue to do so.

Reactions: AmerHST

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
I agree with everything you've said, not many games, unfortunately the majority, doesn't separate Player from Character, and it would be wise for all game makers to start taking that stance.

One gripe, though, I'm sure you were just coming up with scenarios on the fly, but I think in regards to a choice like "she gets really upset and doesn't calm down until morning", or any choice that implies the character is having a bad time with a rape scene, wouldn't be the way to go; one, this option implies the Rapist has a conscience, which defeats the purpose of being a rapist, real rapist are not so forgiving of tears/rejection (plus, I thinking giving a rapist a heart like that, sort of glorifies rape in a cringy way; it reads as "Oh, you really didn't want this, my bad", and I refuse to believe any rapist is ignorant to a victims' non-consent, regardless of lacking strong reaction). I like the rape for its angst and tragedy, if I was presented with a "she really doesn't like this!!" choice, I'd find myself picking that option every time, to express character realism in their aversion to the act; if the Rapist takes that as a sign to stop, then they're not really a rapist, are they?

I think better options would be combative/fleeing choices, leaning heavily on the fleeing part. To not fall into the rape in a route, choices of a literal out should present itself, so more in the form of "Rapist leads/waiting for MC in unfamiliar territory; Player choose choices to not go/leave dangerous areas", or in more personal situation "Rapist backs MC into a corner; Player choose choices to slip around them" (replace the rejecting and ducking choices with countering/unexpected attacks for the combative options, that make sense for a successful escape) and various situation where its clear the Player is trying to pick options to get away.

If I'm going to enjoy a rape scene, I want my character to be distraught, maybe even a little resistant ("little", only because I might be afraid fighting back too hard would remove my character from the rape), so I'll fall into the trap of reasonably fighting back (either crying, saying "No", or literally fighting), so I think all choices before getting into the Perfect Rape Scenario should be the out (being lead/groomed/cornered somewhere), and the actual interaction with the Rapist should be flavor text catered to character personality. (Rather it be yielding or defensive, scene still leads to the rape, as MC is too deep in the lion's den for a successful escape/Player to be ignorant of what's about to happen).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nevertheless, with a beginning warning of NC, and who's a rapist/which routes contains them, it should be easy enough for Player to make the choice to pursue/interact with that character or not. I'mma be hard pressed to believe someone pursuing a Badboy character like Dealer Dude/going to the bad neighborhood would considered any NC scene unexpected to them.

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
One gripe, though, I'm sure you were just coming up with scenarios on the fly, but I think in regards to a choice like "she gets really upset and doesn't calm down until morning", or any choice that implies the character is having a bad time with a rape scene, wouldn't be the way to go; one, this option implies the Rapist has a conscience, which defeats the purpose of being a rapist, real rapist are not so forgiving of tears/rejection (plus, I thinking giving a rapist a heart like that, sort of glorifies rape in a cringy way; it reads as "Oh, you really didn't want this, my bad", and I refuse to believe any rapist is ignorant to a victims' non-consent, regardless of lacking strong reaction).
That is not at all what I meant. I intended no such thing. How the victim reacts changes nothing about the perpetrator. I can't read you in any way short of making a logic error when you seemingly assume the rapist (which in this scenario is a non-player character) interacts with the player's choices...?

Please re-read my post with the above in mind. Thank you.

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
What's up with all the calls for a completely different game?

I wonder if Eva Kiss had to put up with lots of "I like your game, except it needs a male protagonist" nonsense which only reveals the posters having no clue what attracts people to these games... :rolleyes:

It's like if you review a game about the interracial hotwife genre and say "great game - just switch out the hulking black male for a wimpy white incestuous son..." :unsure:

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
That is not at all what I meant. I intended no such thing. How the victim reacts changes nothing about the perpetrator. I can't read you in any way short of making a logic error when you seemingly assume the rapist (which in this scenario is a non-player character) interacts with the player's choices...?

Please re-read my post with the above in mind. Thank you.
Oh, no, I'm not blaming you of anything. I'm not even implying you meant what I pointed out (once again, I said I'm assuming you came up with a random choice on the spot, so I didn't take the words literally.), which I'm going to assume the rapist apologist portion of my post is what you're referring to??? I'm not saying that's what you are, did, or implied, I was specifically answering why I prefer choices that utilize fleeing/attacking to get out of rape scenes, and not emotions/reactions, like, crying, for example.

My statement to you was specifically towards your loose suggestion of having a choice that's says, in quote: "she gets really upset and doesn't calm down until morning", as an outs to leave a rape scene (where you say "Choosing 'she gets really upset and doesn"t calm down until morning' is a much better way of telling the game 'no NC content for me'").

I'm not implying you meant anything by this, I was just stating that if a game had a choice like this in there, and, doing the golden rule of 3, let's say the two other choices were something like "she gets really quiet and freeze up" and "she get's angry and push him away" (I'm randomly tossing stuff out there to compare with your suggested choice, for variety, not saying any choice is better than the other. I also know your "until morning" implies nothing further will happen but her "crying until morning"); I might be inclined to pick your choice, as I find it the more reasonable reaction for my character in regards to the threat of rape, however, in your words, it would result in "no NC content for me", which I would be confused and devastated when that happens, because I was hoping MC would get raped!

The rest of my post and suggestions was actually directed towards both the Game Dev and anyone else who was interested in making a CYOA game with NC aspects to it; it was neither directed towards you, because from your post, it seems like were both of the same opinion anyways.

I should have been more clear in who my words were directed to.

Reactions: anedwcan

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
Question for prettyink ! If possible, can you explain how the tatted drug dealer's route is gonna go? Like do we have to lead the MC into doing drugs (or dealing? or supplying?) in order to be on his route? Is he going to be an asshole who treats MC like shit or will there be other paths to ending up with him? He's the one who I'm interested in the most from the cast we've glimpsed so far cuz he's kinda built and has tats. I'm also a huge sucker for a sweetheart char being paired with a morally grey or just bad character, without the nice char having to debase themselves or act incredibly naive while they just get abused. So just wondering what your plans for him are.

Reactions: lcvargas and Jiffie

timpo77

Jan 22, 2019
1629057880531.png

Hey everyone!

So, before I begin I have to let you all know that I've hit a flurry of major life events in my personal life, the two biggest of which are I am moving into a new home, and I also unfortunately lost my job. As you can imagine, that's a lot of stuff to deal with. But worry not, I've tried to keep the rule of keeping up with game progress at least 5 days a week, and I've been alright at keeping up with that loose rule.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't stressed out. There's a lot going on and a lot of transition in my life, and while creating this game has always brought me a lot of joy, there is a looming pressure I feel for not getting things out fast enough or updating you all as often as I think you'd want to be updated.

So, I've decided to pause subscriptions for the next month or so. I will continue working on the game, but I just don't like the weird (possibly imagined) guilt of not being fast enough or not working tirelessly to get this thing out asap. I'm sure you've picked up on that feeling in previous posts and polls. Additionally, there's an inherent expectation that comes with a platform like Patreon, and that is that I must 'deliver' at a high standard, faster pace etc. I don't want that pressure to ruin the natural drive I have for this game, so I want to divorce it from my day-to-day as much as I can, while still feeling like I'm a part of this community.

That being said, I am still incredibly motivated and excited on the progress I've been able to make during this time. I've been able to get through the morning sequence for the Science track on Friday, I've started getting a few CGs created, a couple of which involve the first lesbian scene. I'll share one of my favorite CGs I've created above, because I was really happy about the quality of this one compared to others. Weirdly enough, I haven't been able to capture this same quality in other CGs I've created afterwards, but that may be a result of recent life events, who knows? I know my art style had been a big point of discussion, and I get that it's not as polished or anime-inspired as typical games like this, but its my style and I like that its different ^^.

I've also had an absolute blast writing the first full scene with one of my favorite characters, Jay (the asian guy with tattoos). To me he's one of the most interesting characters because of the duality of his appearance to his personality. He's also the best-looking in my opinion, but I digress.

I'm happy with the progress I'm making, and glad that throughout all of this, I'm still pumped to make it! I know I'm going through a lot right now, but the prospect of releasing the next installment keeps me optimistic.

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

xoxo

PrettyInk

lcvargas

Dec 30, 2019
View attachment 1354401

Hey everyone!

So, before I begin I have to let you all know that I've hit a flurry of major life events in my personal life, the two biggest of which are I am moving into a new home, and I also unfortunately lost my job. As you can imagine, that's a lot of stuff to deal with. But worry not, I've tried to keep the rule of keeping up with game progress at least 5 days a week, and I've been alright at keeping up with that loose rule.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't stressed out. There's a lot going on and a lot of transition in my life, and while creating this game has always brought me a lot of joy, there is a looming pressure I feel for not getting things out fast enough or updating you all as often as I think you'd want to be updated.

So, I've decided to pause subscriptions for the next month or so. I will continue working on the game, but I just don't like the weird (possibly imagined) guilt of not being fast enough or not working tirelessly to get this thing out asap. I'm sure you've picked up on that feeling in previous posts and polls. Additionally, there's an inherent expectation that comes with a platform like Patreon, and that is that I must 'deliver' at a high standard, faster pace etc. I don't want that pressure to ruin the natural drive I have for this game, so I want to divorce it from my day-to-day as much as I can, while still feeling like I'm a part of this community.

That being said, I am still incredibly motivated and excited on the progress I've been able to make during this time. I've been able to get through the morning sequence for the Science track on Friday, I've started getting a few CGs created, a couple of which involve the first lesbian scene. I'll share one of my favorite CGs I've created above, because I was really happy about the quality of this one compared to others. Weirdly enough, I haven't been able to capture this same quality in other CGs I've created afterwards, but that may be a result of recent life events, who knows? I know my art style had been a big point of discussion, and I get that it's not as polished or anime-inspired as typical games like this, but its my style and I like that its different ^^.

I've also had an absolute blast writing the first full scene with one of my favorite characters, Jay (the asian guy with tattoos). To me he's one of the most interesting characters because of the duality of his appearance to his personality. He's also the best-looking in my opinion, but I digress.

I'm happy with the progress I'm making, and glad that throughout all of this, I'm still pumped to make it! I know I'm going through a lot right now, but the prospect of releasing the next installment keeps me optimistic.

xoxo

PrettyInk
Take your time, and hopefully you found a new employment.

HunnieLuv

Nov 27, 2017
View attachment 1354401

Hey everyone!

xoxo

PrettyInk
You are doing a great job and do what you feel needs to be done luv! <3 Don't forget people are also willing to help and you need to take some time out for yourself! ^^

Gerson876

Jun 26, 2020
The dev gone all quiet recently, ever since the announcement that he's unemployed now. Hope he/she's doing good with personal life.

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
There's a new post on patreon and from what I can read 1 of the 4 last section before release is done so 3 arc left. We might see the new version in a relatively short time!

Reactions: ustar and HunnieLuv
4.70 star(s) 31 Votes