max_z_smith

Dec 30, 2016
I'd like to state for the record that every single twine/sugarcube game should have the keyboard controls that this game has, to better facilitate, ahem easy one-handed gameplay.

Is there any simple way for me (as a player, not a dev) to utilize this code in other twine games? Like I found the script "SkipLink+", but I have no idea if it would be possible to utilize it in another game.

Thanks!

Reactions: Jaxter

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I'd like to state for the record that every single twine/sugarcube game should have the keyboard controls that this game has, to better facilitate, ahem easy one-handed gameplay.

Is there any simple way for me (as a player, not a dev) to utilize this code in other twine games? Like I found the script "SkipLink+", but I have no idea if it would be possible to utilize it in another game.

Thanks!
Keyboard controls are nice, but if you're gonna stick them in your game, it would be extra nice to have an option to disable them for those of us who already use those keys to control our browser.

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
As of now, after the first playthrough of v0.064b, this one's certainly one of the best story-related html-games around here.

Many branches with multiple choices enrich the well-written plot and the replay-ability. So far I liked that content and the freedom of choice within it.

While the story itself is quite intoxicating, unfortunately the visual content (still images & gifs) is often not that appealing...

The pics (photo images)

- often are too small and only average quality
- sometimes don't fit into the given context (situations, places...)
- don't follow the narration in some scenes
- could be more than only one or two per scene, particularly in the hotter scenes

The gifs (animated images)

- are almost all of low quality
- are bangin' ugly (even in scenes with beautiful actresses)
- are even smaller than the pics

As there are ways to improve the visual content without enlarging the file size of the game too much.
Maybe a different arrangement of the content in the scenes on the screen would help, too.

So I can only encourage you to give it a thought, G28.

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
As of now, after the first playthrough of v0.064b, this one's certainly one of the best story-related html-games around here.

Many branches with multiple choices enrich the well-written plot and the replay-ability. So far I liked that content and the freedom of choice within it.

While the story itself is quite intoxicating, unfortunately the visual content (still images & gifs) is often not that appealing...

The pics (photo images)

- could be more than only one or two per scene, particularly in the hotter scenes

As there are ways to improve the visual content without enlarging the file size of the game too much.
Maybe a different arrangement of the content in the scenes on the screen would help, too.

You are more than welcome to create your own image packs. All of the files are there in the images folder.

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Hey Mr. G28, when do you think you'll release the next update I'm super excited for it!
The way Monday works is the evening portion has a bunch of events that you can do three of in any order, so I'm trying to get as many of those done as I can before the next public release so I'm not spammed by "What does red link mean????".

Prinplup

Aug 6, 2016
Modded for timetravel for the first 8 days and I've also patched some events to make them repeatable. No timetravel across days though, although I hope to eventually extend the character pages with helper cheats to adjust variables directly.
Hopefully I'll be able to finish the rest by this week.
Saves are transferrable between this and the original game.

Last edited:

benzandra

Dec 23, 2019
G28Here hey I have been meaning to mod your game to add a few loops to redo things but every time I try to import the html in twine nothing happens, am I doing something wrong? or is not supposed to be opened in twine?

Reactions: RedRaven69

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
G28Here hey I have been meaning to mod your game to add a few loops to redo things but every time I try to import the html in twine nothing happens, am I doing something wrong? or is not supposed to be opened in twine?
It's a big file so your comp might not be able to handle it.

Reactions: jackoffonher

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
It's a big file so your comp might not be able to handle it.
It could also be that it is just taking a while. If your computer can actually open it, it does take it a while to load in.

So it ends up being a waiting game.

lawry

Jul 14, 2017

The pics (photo images)

the pictures can be replace by you. find better version you want if you don't like the ones in the game. just replace the picture with the exact same name.

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
the pictures can be replace by you. find better version you want if you don't like the ones in the game. just replace the picture with the exact same name.
Thanks for the advice - G28 mentioned that in other words as well.
Guess I only can't change the sizes of the images implemented in the game, or can I ?

Whether possible or not, my comment was only a suggestion to maybe improve the overall quality (and in some scenes the quantity) of images. Not necessarily their content, cause that's much more personal preference than "objective" criteria.

But nevertheless I like the main plot and appreciate that there is some depth in it (which most of these "games" lack) ;)

KatjaHot

May 1, 2020
The writing in this is honestly surprisingly good and I really like the characters. The core-mechanic is also really simple but satisfying and makes it easy to play the way you want and avoid content you don't wanna see. This is honestly just really great and checks all my boxes and I can't wait for it to be finished.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Needs an update.
Public release comes usually when a game-day is finished. As of now, multiple branches of decissions/dialogue are still under developement - for example, only two of the nightime events are done as of now, the one for Emma and the one for the Monica/Rio duo.
So, better don't ask for a leak of the current version, I'm completely with G28 here in that we do NOT need another five pages of posts asking why there's an error after red text links... the idea of linking those to the Patreon page instead really has its charm.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 128 Votes