Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Public release comes usually when a game-day is finished. As of now, multiple branches of decissions/dialogue are still under developement - for example, only two of the nightime events are done as of now, the one for Emma and the one for the Monica/Rio duo.
So, better don't ask for a leak of the current version, I'm completely with G28 here in that we do NOT need another five pages of posts asking why there's an error after red text links... the idea of linking those to the Patreon page instead really has its charm.
Or "what is a red link" question.

I_C_T

Dec 17, 2018
Gotta say, I've spent way more time playing this game than I'd like to admit! It's fantastic, and the replayability is phenomenal. I'm also a happily paying Patreon as well.

I'd like to see more guides like the ones that were previously posted by other players, maybe in a wiki format or something....for example for Kayla I'd like to know all possible outcomes with her, like is it possible to impregnate or fuck without the contract? Is a romantic relationship possible? Or for Ward, is it possible to impregnate without blackmailing her? And with a little guide for how to achieve said outcomes. I know that there are a lot of outcomes total right now, with a lot of possible permutations, but if it was done mostly on a character by character basis save for some specific scenes like the maid ones, it shouldn't be too hard to do in the long run. If we do it in wiki format then other players can add on new possibilities that they discover and it should come together pretty quickly.

Does anyone else feel this way? If so, where do you think we should start? Not sure if gamepedia or wikia would be too welcoming for an adult game lol.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
There are actually Wikis on fandom.com about some of the adult games out there. Superpowered and Glassix, for example.
While I'd appreciate a go-to for reaching a specific outcome/character combo event etc., I think without G28's hidden mythical football-filed sized event flowchart for his game as a reference to sort them you'd get a mass of unsorted little guides, as you put it, where it would be hard to find the one you'd actually be looking for.
That's my two cents about the idea, but I won't cry if it turns out I'm wrong. ;)

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Yeah, I've been thinking of setting up a wiki, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. The only way I can see it working though, and still being readable to new players, is if each wiki entry was for a specific event, with the breakdown of the ways it can go in that entry.

The way I see it would be like: Saturday -- August 03

Click here for Early Morning events.
Click here for Late Morning events.
Click here for Early Afternoon events.

Etc. etc.

And then within each of those links would be another list of the various paths you could go down. I don't know, that's just the way I see it. Maybe I'll set something up this weekend for it and then put a link here.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Yeah, I've been thinking of setting up a wiki, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. The only way I can see it working though, and still being readable to new players, is if each wiki entry was for a specific event, with the breakdown of the ways it can go in that entry.

Etc. etc.

And then within each of those links would be another list of the various paths you could go down. I don't know, that's just the way I see it. Maybe I'll set something up this weekend for it and then put a link here.
I agree, but I also see it as an immense increase of workload for you as the dev. You're already releasing patreon member content at a nice and steady rate, wouldn't creating and maintaining a wiki be a significant time sink for you?
Maybe access to something like that should be for your paying patrons only? (I know I know, Ladies and Gentlebeings, you may now bring out the tar and feathers for me.)

Reactions: Dysphorika

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
I agree, but I also see it as an immense increase of workload for you as the dev. You're already releasing patreon member content at a nice and steady rate, wouldn't creating and maintaining a wiki be a significant time sink for you?
Maybe access to something like that should be for your paying patrons only? (I know I know, Ladies and Gentlebeings, you may now bring out the tar and feathers for me.)
Oh, I wouldn't be the one filling out all the entries, I'd just set it up and get some other people to run it. I already know of a few people that have been mapping out aspects of the game, so I'm sure something like this would give them an easier place to put all that info. I might step in to add notes to certain scenes, if I feel like they're particularly hard to find or no one's caught them yet, that kind of thing.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
I'm definitely looking to get a new Xbox if that's the case ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I normally look down slightly on those poor console gaming peons (headshots should require skill, not auto targetting you miserable unworthy heathens!!! ;)), but yeah... I can see me buy one if CD was console exclusive. :cool:

Cerebrum

Sep 1, 2019

Etc. etc.

Honestly I still think you will get a whole bunch of people whining if you did this. People expect guides to work perfectly and that is damn near impossible for a game like this. I can just imagine people saying "I did the sleep thing on Thursday with Mrs Maywood but nothing happened" because they don't have level 5 in sleep experience. I love the way this is built because I like to look for different pathways but the way its built also makes writing a complete guide damn near impossible especially before the game is finished. I think the best option is ti build an example walkthrough with a miniature guide about characters. Either way I think it would need to be rewritten and rechecked every update until the actual full game is finished.

I rather prefear if G28 focus on making the game.
+1

Tam

Aug 28, 2016
the point of a wiki is generally that users fill the pages for each other, it helps if the original content creator is involved but it is not necessary

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Honestly I still think you will get a whole bunch of people whining if you did this. People expect guides to work perfectly and that is damn near impossible for a game like this. I can just imagine people saying "I did the sleep thing on Thursday with Mrs Maywood but nothing happened" because they don't have level 5 in sleep experience. I love the way this is built because I like to look for different pathways but the way its built also makes writing a complete guide damn near impossible especially before the game is finished. I think the best option is ti build an example walkthrough with a miniature guide about characters. Either way I think it would need to be rewritten and rechecked every update until the actual full game is finished.
I disagree, and I think you're missing the point of how it would work. If needing level 5 sleep experience is necessary to trigger a scene, that requirement would naturally be listed in the page for that scene. If it's absent, as a wiki, any(?) user could easily fill in that missing detail. The idea is to provide details about each "dot" and then let the players use that information to "connect the dots" in their preferred way. The issue you described would be much more likely to happen with a straight walkthrough, and including enough detail to prevent it from happening would take an excessive amount of work, as there are tons of ways to play through the game and each separate walkthrough would end up re-treading the same ground as others. But that's not an issue when the guide itself is just the details of each of the pieces the game is made out of.

There's also little need to redo every page with each update, as the dev generally doesn't change anything about previous days when making new updates (even to the point where major elements of the UI are missing before the day when it was added in an update). As long as each entry is self-contained, the information it has will continue to be useful in the context of all future updates, with maybe a line or two added at the end saying "this will serve as a trigger for a scene in day X". And since it's a wiki, virtually none of this is on the dev, as it will pretty much all be filled out by users. Once it's set up, the dev shouldn't have to touch it again, barring some issues with vandalism or something.

Another benefit to being a wiki is that there isn't (or shouldn't be?) anything stopping people from making separate pages for useful information some people might want to know, including any mini-walkthroughs someone might want to make, or a list of all opportunities to increase any given light's EXP, or something like that.

Overall, I think a wiki is one of the best ways to handle this, and shouldn't take much of the dev's time at all. ...Presumably. I actually don't know how much it takes to set up the basics of a wiki, but once it's there they should be able to just forget about it.

I_C_T

Dec 17, 2018
Yeah, I suggested a wiki just so the users could do most of the work in filling out things we've discovered and G28 can keep doing their thing with development. I do like the day by day idea for a wiki, and just by the nature of how wikis work if we wanted to add pages for specific characters we would be able to do so on our own. I'm looking forward to seeing one pop up, I'll gladly get to work on starting some entries if/when I see one!

4.60 star(s) 128 Votes