Cerebrum

Sep 1, 2019
I dont know if this was intentional or not, but it looks to me like professor Patel's love/lust/sub does not reflect the fact that you have permanently altered her. If there is a reason this was done on purpose, I'm ok with it, I'm just mentioning it because it looks like an oversight based on how much Monica and Ms Wilson changed after they were enslaved.

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
I dont know if this was intentional or not, but it looks to me like professor Patel's love/lust/sub does not reflect the fact that you have permanently altered her. If there is a reason this was done on purpose, I'm ok with it, I'm just mentioning it because it looks like an oversight based on how much Monica and Ms Wilson changed after they were enslaved.
Yeah my logic is similar to the slave training stat. Just because these people have been mentally altered doesn't mean those subconscious stats have been maxxed out. Like if Professor Patel's personality was reverted to normal tomorrow, she'd start using her actual stats again and that's why they still exist (and why you can go into her dream to make her subconsciously more comfortable with her new reality).

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Yeah my logic is similar to the slave training stat. Just because these people have been mentally altered doesn't mean those subconscious stats have been maxxed out. Like if Professor Patel's personality was reverted to normal tomorrow, she'd start using her actual stats again and that's why they still exist (and why you can go into her dream to make her subconsciously more comfortable with her new reality).
I kinda get that but the why was Monica and her mum stats changed so dramatically as it is unlikely they would change that much. I noticed with my play through at least her love was very low. I am not saying it should be like level 5 but it should have had a big buff. I think it is 0 on me but it should maybe be like a 2 but at least a 1 surely

Cerebrum

Sep 1, 2019
I kinda get that but the why was Monica and her mum stats changed so dramatically as it is unlikely they would change that much. I noticed with my play through at least her love was very low. I am not saying it should be like level 5 but it should have had a big buff. I think it is 0 on me but it should maybe be like a 2 but at least a 1 surely
It does make some sense to me, you have to remember that Monica was traumatized by professor Burberry and Monica then went on to traumatize her mom, there is even a statement where the narrator says "You'll have to thank Professor Barberry in the future, for doing the hard part before gifting you a slave with powers."

Monica was kidnapped Sunday night and let's assume came back Wednesday night, that three full days of torture, Monica then has two full days to torture her mom. The person where its possible to spend the most time with overall is Mrs Maywood and without torture you can make some big level improvements to her (like plus two levels in each category).

Also you do get +3 (points not levels) to all if you use it in conjunction with sleep. And if you think about it, we don't know much about lights yes, this was an unstable light, I assumed early on that unstable lights would cost 100 energy or 80 reduced as they give out twice as much exp as dancing lights but it seems the cost is the same. Maybe unstable lights don't change those three core stats unless the person is ready to accept it i.e. raising wards slave levels will change her core stats more significantly if enslave her later. But that is just my guess.

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Also you do get +3 (points not levels) to all if you use it in conjunction with sleep. And if you think about it, we don't know much about lights yes, this was an unstable light, I assumed early on that unstable lights would cost 100 energy or 80 reduced as they give out twice as much exp as dancing lights but it seems the cost is the same. Maybe unstable lights don't change those three core stats unless the person is ready to accept it i.e. raising wards slave levels will change her core stats more significantly if enslave her later. But that is just my guess.
Everything else you said is accurate, I just wanted to point out that 'real' unstable lights that you see in the future will have a cost starting from 75 (I think) and sliding down. These early ones you're getting access to have their energy cost reduced so the player can actually use them and get some exp without having to lose out on the rest of their day. As more opportunities become available to gain max energy, you'll start to run in to ones with the appropriate cost.

Reactions: L30

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
weird, I tried playing from the beginning and some images seem to be missing.
And a lot of missing pictures on the last days after the Monica confrontation.

Last edited:

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
You probably installed the game incorrectly or you are missing some images. Everything regarding the images should work properly.

What does your image folder look like and did you do a fresh install?

ridejock

Jan 21, 2020
It can also be the browser you use. I personally use chrome and a web server extension from the chrome store. I haven't had a single issue with a twine game yet.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I think this game could be 10x better if it was free roam over branching.
At this point the branching is so ingrained in the game design that getting rid of it isn't really feasible without a full rebuild. I also find the current design too frustrating to play, but respect that the dev is pursuing their vision for the game.

Reactions: Noob Salad
4.60 star(s) 129 Votes