Crimson Fire

Mar 12, 2022
I'm not so sure about this. You're right that there are a lot of mutually exclusive activities and if you choose one you'll miss out on others. But when I did my Lightless run a while back I found that the real trick to this game is knowing 2 things: stat requirements and key moments to exploit them.

I want to preface what I'm about to say by acknowledging that this is one of the better games on this site and I think G28 should be lauded for their work. But if you ignore the way the game is intended to be played and just look at the raw stats and event timings you start to see a lot of shortcuts and holes that aren't going to be noticed by most players. For instance courting the "land lady" doesn't require nearly as much work as it would seem. Now, is that "work" fun and well written? Yes, and you'd be remiss to just skip it all. But is it required to get that girlfriend/harem/etc tag attached to the character? Not really, no. At least not all of it.

The best example of this that I ran into was Karen. When I first played this game I was intrigued to see how I could best unravel the mystery there and, of course, get into her pants. This lead me down a path of orange lights and several other interactions. But when I did my lightless run I figured out that all you really need is a high enough stat to trigger the ability to profess your love after you take her out for ice cream. Literally that's it. Ignore the woman the entire game until you have one stat high enough, take her for ice cream, and say you love her. Boom, she's your's to do with as you please.

I suppose if I had the motivation I could do some kind of walkthrough, or at least compile a list of "minimum requirements to bang X", but when you start looking at the game through that lens it loses a lot of it's charm. Any game would really. Sort of like how speedrunners end up bypassing most of a game's story. It's still fun and challenging for most games but for a text based game? Ehhh. Maybe not as much.

IMO the best way to play this game is to essentially do ranked choice voting. Your best girl has content? Click that. She's unavailable because of the dicking you just gave her? Is best girl #2 available? Rinse repeat. Done that run one too many times? If you're still down for more that's when you start doing challenge runs like Lightless or "Always Choose Option 2".

Have fun.
This is a good explanation of the game's gate mechanics. The one thing i think should be pointed out is if you are trying for specific results in the power struggle with specific players you will find that the just having X stat at y level isn't enough. There are situations that require you to use a specific power at a specific time to open alternate routes to results.

So one example is when you make a move against titus, you have a chance to save the succubus' relative or the Prof who kidnapped monica [I have forgotten both characters' name lol]. This choice is one of the few ways to become the Prof's thrall and the most well known way. yet it is not the only way so if you want to save the Succubus' relative and be a thrall you have to jump through hoops and choose certain choices at certain times to get the desired outcome combo. I forget the exact route but it was a real Pain in the ass to discover and you can easily miss the chance. i believe there is a certain green event that allows you to become a thrall with out saving the prof. BUT this is only important if you are trying to get a specific combo result. So there seems to be more depth and layers not in bagging various notches to your harem but in finding certain combo of results during choke points. I'm not saying all results during key choices in the game have alternatives but some do.

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
This is a good explanation of the game's gate mechanics. The one thing i think should be pointed out is if you are trying for specific results in the power struggle with specific players you will find that the just having X stat at y level isn't enough. There are situations that require you to use a specific power at a specific time to open alternate routes to results.

So one example is when you make a move against titus, you have a chance to save the succubus' relative or the Prof who kidnapped monica [I have forgotten both characters' name lol]. This choice is one of the few ways to become the Prof's thrall and the most well known way. yet it is not the only way so if you want to save the Succubus' relative and be a thrall you have to jump through hoops and choose certain choices at certain times to get the desired outcome combo. I forget the exact route but it was a real Pain in the ass to discover and you can easily miss the chance. i believe there is a certain green event that allows you to become a thrall with out saving the prof. BUT this is only important if you are trying to get a specific combo result. So there seems to be more depth and layers not in bagging various notches to your harem but in finding certain combo of results during choke points. I'm not saying all results during key choices in the game have alternatives but some do.
All you need to do is embrace cum addiction on monday or wednesday and then barberry will show up in the following class to make you a thrall (among a bunch of other potential pathways).

Remarius

Mar 30, 2022
My guide mentions this. Willpower and Attractiveness will get you most relationships, and if you spend time increasing those, the rest will follow. I've even included my stat spread at the start of every day to give an indication of what the requirements are for certain checks.

However, if you play to get stats to the right level you will still miss out on a lot of content, which makes the effect of passing these checks all that much less rewarding.
Where is your guide? :)

Rickarus

Nov 24, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Was Walkthrough Five (Lovers with Cheats and Incest) in this grouping intended to be the same as Walkthrough Four (Lovers with No Cheats or Incest)? Or was there originally an update of the previous Lovers with Cheats and Incest walkthrough meant to be slotted in there and the wrong one got pasted in?

If you do have a more up-to-date version of that Lovers with Cheats and Incest Walkthrough that was already made up but accidentally didn't get posted with those other ones, I know I would appreciate seeing it, but if it one doesn't already exist, then obviously, no worries!

Also, hope your work on the coversion is going well!

Crimson Fire

Mar 12, 2022
All you need to do is embrace cum addiction on monday or wednesday and then barberry will show up in the following class to make you a thrall (among a bunch of other potential pathways).
lol Sure paths are simple when you know them. :ROFLMAO:

The green event must have something to do with barberry's assistant that can't cast lights but can smell when people use them Jill I think her name is.

Paths are a little bit harder to figure out when you are looking for them blindly. Cum addition is still a light event pink in this case. So my point, "The one thing i think should be pointed out is if you are trying for specific results in the power struggle with specific players you will find that the just having X stat at y level isn't enough. There are situations that require you to use a specific power at a specific time to open alternate routes to results." So I was just pointing out that various combo of results can require more specific choices using specific powers. I just got the specific example wrong.

Reactions: Dragoci

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
So i know this is not on topic but college daze community has been helpful thus far so i thought its worth asking.

Any developers using twine(sugarcube), how do you plan your game? Im just want to avoid any writing pitfalls or help with the organisation of making the game.

So far what i've done was i try to learn the basics and then did a mock with the coding side of stuff. Now i actually put the coding of the game on the backburner and focusing on narrative. I thought setting up the passage and flow first might help with the structure and then fill it out after(Someone suggested this on reddit) however i currently havent planned the whole story out so i just been writing, passage by passage making notes of images, videos and choice locations. Im trying to at least do this for the first arc of the game before play testing/sharing.

Now the passage design is pretty linear, i realised as i was writing that this is more narrative driven with key choices/alternatives then sandbox(which i hate the useless back and forth and grind). So to get back on point, i want to get a bit more insight from other people experiences when designing on twine(sugarcube).
What I did: narrative outline, writing passage by passage, adding choices as I write each passage, then scrambling to figure out the code for those choices.

What I should have done: narrative outline, full linear manuscript, code as I fit the manuscript into passages, add choices that fit the story, wrote non-linear manuscript, then code the choices in with the branching narrative.

General advice: use Twee notation and compile with Tweego instead of working in the Twine UI. It quickly became unwieldy for me.

MalaKarr786

Nov 28, 2021
Thanks for replying! I tried to learn how to use twee notation and tweego. Not much video tutorial i.e youtube that covers this. I also struggled to use tweego, i read it not as simple as download and use. I figured my project is still in its infancy so i could probably get by for the time being using normal twine ui but it is a bit clunky i must admit. I'll try and looking into it again once more!

Also could you kindly explain what you mean by full liner manuscript/non linear manuscript? Do you mean formerly write the story out as a whole and non linear then make the choices/alternative story?

sorcan

Jul 14, 2017
The player can get cum addicted? Or am I misunderstanding this?

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
So there aren't any up to date walkthroughs :( Do Botnet and/or Prinplup/mRaYM087g4 's mods still work? And what does the latter mod even do anyway?

Oct 8, 2020
So there aren't any up to date walkthroughs :( Do Botnet and/or Prinplup/mRaYM087g4 's mods still work? And what does the latter mod even do anyway?
Botnet works with all versions of the game. Prinplup/mRay/whoever's mod allows you to alter variables, but it hasn't been updated reliably in some time, and you can just alter variables using console commands.

Reactions: BigBlob69
4.60 star(s) 129 Votes