Cerebrum

Sep 1, 2019
To be honest, in 99% of games I've played, unpassable skill check early in game suggests 'new game+' mode, where you have you're stats from 'end game', so the question is valid not only for "cheat mode".
You can easily imagine having i.e. a really powerful light allowing you to go back in time to the beginning of the game, with stats intact. Should be quite easy to implement too.
That aside, it's a matter of consistency in mechanics - either the check is story based, or stat based. Having check you simply can't pass because of undefined "reasons" feels a little sloppy.
The only newgame+ in this game is a fan made one some 3 or 4 public releases ago. There is time travel in this game and all options in time travel are passable. The dev never meant for these checks to ever be passable they are there only for extra exp, in fact if your cheating, many of the options state that the reason you can't pass them is because it would be impossible for a non cheating player.

Guntag

Donor
May 3, 2017
The only newgame+ in this game is a fan made one some 3 or 4 public releases ago. There is time travel in this game and all options in time travel are passable. The dev never meant for these checks to ever be passable they are there only for extra exp, in fact if your cheating, many of the options state that the reason you can't pass them is because it would be impossible for a non cheating player.
Maybe those "failed events" could slightly be rewritten as time spent on studying higher level lights instead of failing to use them. It would make it less frustrating for some people.

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
Maybe those "failed events" could slightly be rewritten as time spent on studying higher level lights instead of failing to use them. It would make it less frustrating for some people.
That's actually a good idea. You fail a check? You spend the time slot studying. Granted, going back to implement all that would be a lot of effort. Going forwards I don't see why it couldn't probably be added. (Of course, that's up to the maker.)

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Even if you fail them, you gain the experience, so is already as if you were studying that light.

Cerebrum

Sep 1, 2019
This actually is in many of the checks for anyone who actually reads the text

"You try to draw in the dancing orange light, but it's simply too powerful for you. A single word echoes in your mind before it disperses:

Sleep
Sleep
Sleep

On the bright side, you're confident that interacting with it has given you more experience for future light encounters."

"You try to draw in the dancing light, but it's simply too powerful for you.

On the bright side, you're confident that interacting with it has given you more experience for future light encounters."

"You try to draw in the dancing green light, but quickly find that it's simply too powerful for you.

At least you'll be better prepared for it in the future now."

And also on day 2 (first Sunday) much of this is explained if you're cheating and try to use a dancing light.

"Despite having already unlocked the max level for all spells, this option is still closed off because normal players would otherwise be unable to access it. It exists as a shortcut for them to sacrifice some energy now to gain a lot of experience so that, in the future, they'll be able to access these spells. And, as soon as they're able to access them, that means you'll be able to as well."

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dysphorika

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020
Mmm, perhaps change the flavor text then? There's still hours of the day there that we then lose that I feel would be explained better by even "We sit around contemplating the orange lights." or something. Need to explain the passage of time, but that's a very minor nit pick.

Guntag

Donor
May 3, 2017
I was just talking about the "impossible to pass" checks (there aren't that many as far as I know and it shouldn't be too much work, it could be a copy/paste text for all those events).

It would actually help players to know which checks are failed because their stats are too low (this is an actual fail, so no need to change those events, they tell you you failed the check and hint that it's possible to pass it) so they can try different previous choices to succeed and which are impossible to pass and just give xp (which could be converted to strictly study events, making it more clear to the players that no matter their previous choices they can only study and get xp and there is no actual check to pass).

Cerebrum

Sep 1, 2019
I was just talking about the "impossible to pass" checks (there aren't that many as far as I know and it shouldn't be too much work, it could be a copy/paste text for all those events).

It would actually help players to know which checks are failed because their stats are too low (this is an actual fail, so no need to change those events, they tell you you failed the check and hint that it's possible to pass it) so they can try different previous choices to succeed and which are impossible to pass and just give xp (which could be converted to strictly study events, making it more clear to the players that no matter their previous choices they can only study and get xp and there is no actual check to pass).
To anyone who played the game a few times, its really not that hard to figure out. All dancing lights are impossible until Tuesday, all lights are possible starting on Tuesday

I don't believe that needs to be explained, anymore than it already is in the game

"Despite having already unlocked the max level for all spells, this option is still closed off because normal players would otherwise be unable to access it. It exists as a shortcut for them to sacrifice some energy now to gain a lot of experience so that, in the future, they'll be able to access these spells. And, as soon as they're able to access them, that means you'll be able to as well."

Guntag

Donor
May 3, 2017
To anyone who played the game a few times, its really not that hard to figure out. All dancing lights are impossible until Tuesday, all lights are possible starting on Tuesday
Yes, of course, I played this game a lot and I don't need this change. I just thought it would make it clearer for new players if it isn't much work. This isn't obviously a priority. More Bimbo Bill Porter is !

Last edited:

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Hey! I have problem with saving... There is no save to disk!
You can't save to disk on a phone, so if that's the only way you can play then you'll just have to use the gamcore version instead.

Raven112

Sep 25, 2017
for the time travel mod you cannot meet with professor ward at the cheerleader double date time. it just says there is a closing tag missing

HB38

Oct 3, 2017
G28Here - Just an FYI, in the latest dev build if you use the blue light on Ward your phone isn't updated to note she's pregnant. I'm not sure if that is intentional or not (not using it also uses the same text about your balls being full which seems misplaced as well).

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
G28Here - Just an FYI, in the latest dev build if you use the blue light on Ward your phone isn't updated to note she's pregnant. I'm not sure if that is intentional or not (not using it also uses the same text about your balls being full which seems misplaced as well).
That issue should be fixed in .081b. Are you sure you're up to date?

TGafy

May 14, 2020
Outta curiosity, are there in-game consequences for that yet?
Not in a big way. It looks like it's set for a future release where the succubus either orders you around like a slave or taking over your body. So far, its just forgetting bits of the MC's life; e.g. forgetting favorite flavor of ice cream.

Reactions: Perfidy
4.60 star(s) 129 Votes