Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I wanted to take a look at the game (for the first time), and I'm not sure about the release: the last one has yet to be uploaded here, right?

crimson_01

Jan 8, 2019
Yeah, perhaps you would like to use a virus scanner.
Or just read the thread ... there are more than one posts mentioning the "problem".
I don't know what you are trying to say with this. I ran a scan, there were no issues, but I still can't run the game. Could you maybe be a bit clearer??

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I don't know what you are trying to say with this. I ran a scan, there were no issues, but I still can't run the game. Could you maybe be a bit clearer??
At least two files in the archive are highly suspicious

https://f95zone.to/threads/college-kings-v0-6-2-undergrad-steve.63177/page-66#post-4861679

The linux version doesn't work, trying to start it with wine under linux doesn't work (which never was a problem with 100+ renpy games).
Some people have problems with the mac version (see thread).

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
At least two files in the archive are highly suspicious

https://f95zone.to/threads/college-kings-v0-6-2-undergrad-steve.63177/page-66#post-4861679

The linux version doesn't work, trying to start it with wine under linux doesn't work (which never was a problem with 100+ renpy games).
Some people have problems with the mac version (see thread).
That has nothing to do with why the game isn't starting.

Perhaps instead of being paranoid, you could open the generated log file and it will tell you.
The dev is using the wrong Data-Types to pass as parameters on start causing the game to crash after initilization but before launch.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
That has nothing to do with why the game isn't starting.

Perhaps instead of being paranoid, you could open the generated log file and it will tell you.
The dev is using the wrong Data-Types to pass as parameters on start causing the game to crash after initilization but before launch.
Why would I debug a game that has even one suspicious file?

Even if i would not imply foul play (perhaps you can explain the launcher.exe?) the dev has proven that he doesn't know what he is doing.

That and the virustotal results are enough for me to stay away - you might call it paranoid if it makes you feel better.

aexiel

Sep 5, 2018
I am definitely liking this game. And as usual, my favorite face model is on Lauren so I'm after her (regardless of no h-scenes).

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Why would I debug a game that has even one suspicious file?

Even if i would not imply foul play (perhaps you can explain the launcher.exe?) the dev has proven that he doesn't know what he is doing.

That and the virustotal results are enough for me to stay away - you might call it paranoid if it makes you feel better.
Debug ?
I didn't ask you to do anything of the sort. I said run the game, see the error, check the log. Reading the log is nowhere near the same as debugging. It's the same shit you were doing by reading the log file generated by Virustotal which is about as accurate as my pulling out a divining rod and trying to find gold.

Also, why would you respond to a problem you've never encountered with, but it must be a virus when it's very clearly not a virus or anything close to being related to that ?

Reactions: Freezer14

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
Guys, are you experiencing troubles with the skip thing by pressing ctrl? It should skip scenes, but it is not a smooth thing at all...

And yes, I have unseen text, after choices and transitions marked to skip as well.

Edit: Is there any way to date Riley as of current version? I didn't date Lauren and Riley asks how are things with Chloe...

Last edited:

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Debug ?
I didn't ask you to do anything of the sort. I said run the game, see the error, check the log. Reading the log is nowhere near the same as debugging. It's the same shit you were doing by reading the log file generated by Virustotal which is about as accurate as my pulling out a divining rod and trying to find gold.
So virustotal is bullshit? Congrats, you have just disqualified yourself for further discussion.

Still waiting for an explanation regarding the launcher.exe, which is not part of the normal renpy engine and it's current rating by virustotal.
Or why there is a 32bit exe.

Also, why would you respond to a problem you've never encountered with, but it must be a virus when it's very clearly not a virus or anything close to being related to that ?

As I said before: I don't care where the dev fucked up and if he did it intentionally or not.
The game was not starting (which never happened with renpy before) and it was not only me.

And I really don't need someone lecturing me to whom or what I may answer to.
But thanks for your concern.

eod

• Angry

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
So virustotal is bullshit? Congrats, you have just disqualified yourself for further discussion.

Still waiting for an explanation regarding the launcher.exe, which is not part of the normal renpy engine and it's current rating by virustotal.
Or why there is a 32bit exe.

As I said before: I don't care where the dev fucked up and if he did it intentionally or not.
The game was not starting (which never happened with renpy before) and it was not only me.

And I really don't need someone lecturing me to whom or what I may answer to.
But thanks for your concern.

eod
Your usage of it is bad. The tool is only as good as it's user and you're not reading it correctly.
As i stated the dev has compilied the build with both a 64bit executable and a 32 bit one. This is abnormal design. You normally build these independant of each other.

You clearly needed this because you couldn't figure out that your paranoia over false positives is absurd and had you simply started the exe you would have run into the issue and been able to see why the game isn't starting.

Now we're EOD have a nice day.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Your usage of it is bad.
What you call a discussion is bad, not my usage of well known antivirus websites.
You still haven't explain why there is a launcher.exe and why it's not a thread. Not that I'm asking you that several times... oh wait.
Ok, no surprise here.

Now we're EOD have a nice day.
Finally.
A nice day to you, too.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
What you call a discussion is bad, not my usage of well known antivirus websites.
You still haven't explain why there is a launcher.exe and why it's not a thread. Not that I'm asking you that several times... oh wait.
Ok, no surprise here.
Finally.
A nice day to you, too.
You either can't read or are just beyond belief right now. I'm leaning toward the first but wouldn't be shocked if it's both.
I answered your question about the launcher already...
As i stated the dev has compilied the build with both a 64bit executable and a 32 bit one. This is abnormal design. You normally build these independant of each other.
You clearly needed this because you couldn't figure out that your paranoia over false positives is absurd and had you simply started the exe you would have run into the issue and been able to see why the game isn't starting.
Now stop trying to give technical support to people when you don't know what a false positive is and you think use "virustotal" makes you a competent computer security expert. You've only proved to everyone reading that you aren't multiple times over.

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
Hmmm...got kinda curious about the cliffhanger...What did the MC see? =P

And what do you guys think? Will Chloe reveal herself to be a manipulator or is she a sweet girl ?

kok59

May 23, 2020
At some point, it says I have to text Penelope. But her name does not show up in the message option. I tried to slide down to search her name but does not work either. And now I am stuck. Please someone help.

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes