Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
I was able to play, and I still have the feeling that it is quite average as a game.

I don't know if the fight is buggy or if done on purpose, but I didn't get it. Normally when we attack our shot is blocked or successful. There, I did not understand, you choose your shot, you have an animation with the MC who arms his shot, and it stops and you move on to the defense phase. We end up winning the fight (I don't know how), without seeing the MC deliver a single blow ...

A single bug screen, which ends up spamming the ignore key (unfortunately in the middle of a lewd scene).

Lack of finishing, I have the impression that the story is not consistent. I may have gone too fast on some passages, but there are elements that do not seem to stick. In the same vein, there is the model of Lauren used for a waitress in a cafe ...

In fact, I don't feel like I have a developing story. Only a succession of events, without a common thread, without any link between the characters.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don´t get it. I downloaded Vers. 10.0.0 and it´s still ends after the MC runs after Sebastian and the Ape (Vers. 0.9)

Nothing new on Vers. 10.0. or I am missing something???
Yes, you are "missing something." The very first image in V10 is this for reference (disregarding the MC custom name):
CK v10StartImage.jpg

Patch your 10.0 to 10.0.2 so main screen has this at bottom-right:
CK v10Patchv10.0.2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CoffeeDrinker

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
does anyone have the full download link to 10.02?
or even just full download link to 9.1 so we can patch up manually.

the downloads are a bit of a mess. 9.0 is available, but only patch from 9.1 to 10.1

Pcdump

Game player
Donor
Mar 21, 2019
what files do you need?
im on 10.0.2 btw

should do it if you are on 10.0.2
read readme first
Thank you for this patch.
This has helped me.
From V. 9.0 to 9.1.1 and patch 10.1 over it gave game errors.
Put this patch over it and it loads the saves too.
Haven't played any further yet, but at least I'm on. :love: (y)

Reactions: Suweren95

MataHariX

Nov 12, 2018
Dear Undergrad Steve,

I'm playing with MacOS. Today I downloaded College Kings v9.1.1 the game runs like a charm.
Later I downloaded the v9.1.1 > v10.1 patch and then NoJoy, Nada, Niente, Rien-de-Rien, Nichts, Niks, Nothing at all.
- Tried to replace the old Game folder with the newer one.
- 'Alt dragged' the newer Game folder on the autorun folder and selected 'Merge' for all folders and files.
- Have been moving the content of the newer version manually to replace the relevant ones in the older Game folder.
Unfortunately all for naught.

But I got a Traceback Text which is posted here below:

I hope it is of any help to you. BTW I enjoy your game immensely. Definitely one of the very best here around.
Thank you! :love:

NameError: name 'WindowsError' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 515, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "game/after_load.rpy", line 1, in script
init -999 python:
File "game/after_load.rpy", line 1, in script
init -999 python:
File "/Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Users/machiavelli/Desktop/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/after_load.rpy", line 27, in <module>
except WindowsError: pass
NameError: name 'WindowsError' is not defined

Darwin-20.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
College Kings 10.0.1
Sat May 22 17:12:17 2021

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Thank you for this patch.
This has helped me.
From V. 9.0 to 9.1.1 and patch 10.1 over it gave game errors.
Put this patch over it and it loads the saves too.
Haven't played any further yet, but at least I'm on. :love: (y)
well
it was for the guy who messed up with the outdated mod
glad it works for you too lol
but however , i recommend to dl the v10.0 and patch to 10.0.2

Reactions: Pcdump

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
v10.0.2 - Easiest Paths for Success
#folksdon'tuseseachforsomereason

Pick your choice 1 of the following 2:

1) DL v10.0 from OP, then patch to v10.0.2 found here.
2) DL the compressed which is already v10.0.2 found here.

That's it as of this posting date/time. If you try to patch first with the " 9.1.1 -> 10.0.1 " patch then the 10.0.2 patch it'll be a mess....just pick one of the two above. There's so many redundant posts 'cause folks ain't using the very easy to use search function at the top-right. Regards.

Last edited:

Pcdump

Game player
Donor
Mar 21, 2019
Thanx for the update. (y) Love the game and the girls. :love: (y)
Hopefully this game can be uploaded in 2 parts in the future.
Many people have problems if you want to download 11gb without a mega subscription.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
well ....

whats with this story update?
i didnt know i was this close with lauren for a hour long phone call
all about life and kids ...
or penelope - couldnt care less for her and now im going to a hearing and defend her?

did i miss something importend at my playtrough?
I think you missed the earlier chapters, if anything. Characters behave like childhood friends when they met just the day prior, it's like the dev has these pre-planned personalities and dynamics set and just... implements them. Just like that.

It's weird as hell, Imre goes all "But what about loyalty!?!?" and shit when I barely know him, and from what little I've seen of him he seems like an ass on so many levels. But here's MC, internally monologuing all "I gotta help out Imre" and shit after he gets his ass kicked, when all I want to do is having nothing at all to do with him. Then, when trying for the Wolves, there's some loyalty test about you betraying him. Of course, I said I wouldn't do that... But that's because that kind of betrayal would be shitty, not because it's Imre.

The pacing in this game is just way out of whack, to be honest. I don't think it's irredeemable, but if this is how it's going to be then a time-skip or something would have been prudent at the beginning.

It's weird, I hardly think this game is irredeemable, but the entire formation of emotional bonds seems to be completely... Well, I was about to say glossed over, but it wasn't even there. Maybe things will get better, assuming no more characters are introduced for a while.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
v10.0.2 - Easiest Paths for Success
#folksdon'tuseseachforsomereason

Pick your choice 1 of the following 2:

1) DL v10.0 from OP, then patch to v10.0.2 found here.
2) DL the compressed which is already v10.0.2

That's it as of this posting date/time. If you try to patch first with the " 9.1.1 -> 10.0.1 " patch then the 10.0.2 patch it'll be a mess....just pick one of the two above. There's so many redundant posts 'cause folks ain't using the very easy to use search function at the top-right. Regards.
The problem is, that he compressed version is not linked in the first posting ^^

https://f95zone.to/threads/college-kings-v10-1-undergrad-steve.63177/post-5820868

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
if someone would be kind enough to upload 10.02 patch to anonfiles or nopy that'd be great, mega crashes my browser.

when i have both downloaded i'll make torrent for everyone else

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes