SonnyG932

Jan 29, 2018
How did anyone get past the costume buying scene with Penelope? Or were we just not supposed to go that route yet because it's not done. I keep getting an error no matter which one I buy and all I can do is rollback. Also, many times during the scene, the Penelope line get replaced with Aubrey and she's not even there. Big immersion breaking and even game breaking problems here.

Marisol114

Mar 2, 2018
Fine game, I enjoyed playing it so far.
Quick question : Is there a way to not answer Ryan's text message? It pisses off my man Imre and I'd like to keep on his good side.

Reactions: Nilx_games

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
So will this game be an harem? The MC having a relationship with many/most of the girls, not just fuck them, but them loving the MC and wanting to share him, or will it be a game where you can fuck with many one or two times but latter you will have to choose a girl or two at most to be with? Because reading the thread had me confused about the harem thing.

Just asking because one of the things that I like about games where there is harem, is that I can play all the content with the girls in one play, while if it doesn't have harem I will have to do multiple playthroughts to see all the content and it becomes boring/tedious and not that fun to play.
There will be no harem, it was removed as a tag. Harem clashes with the writing in this game anyway it does not suit it here.

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
After trying to buy a costume with Penelope:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9995, in script
jump buyp2a
ScriptError: could not find label 'buyp2a'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9995, in script
jump buyp2a
File "C:\Users\Troy\Downloads\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\Troy\Downloads\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'buyp2a'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
College Kings 0.2.1
Tue Oct 20 14:49:21 2020

Not possible to ignore this one, thus can't proceed further.

Hey, thanks for the bug report.
Are you play version 0.2.1? It should be fixed there. Else, are you playing with any mods that might cause the issue?

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
So will this game be an harem? The MC having a relationship with many/most of the girls, not just fuck them, but them loving the MC and wanting to share him, or will it be a game where you can fuck with many one or two times but latter you will have to choose a girl or two at most to be with? Because reading the thread had me confused about the harem thing.

Just asking because one of the things that I like about games where there is harem, is that I can play all the content with the girls in one play, while if it doesn't have harem I will have to do multiple playthroughts to see all the content and it becomes boring/tedious and not that fun to play.
Hey,

I really appreciate that you defined the terms in your comment because I'm quite new to the scene and wasn't aware of the exact meaning.

I want it to be possible to get pretty much all girls in one playthrough. Some girls will be willing to share, some must be convinced and other's you might need to lie to if you want them simultaneously in loving relationship. The possibilities will be up the player's decision making.

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
How did anyone get past the costume buying scene with Penelope? Or were we just not supposed to go that route yet because it's not done. I keep getting an error no matter which one I buy and all I can do is rollback. Also, many times during the scene, the Penelope line get replaced with Aubrey and she's not even there. Big immersion breaking and even game breaking problems here.

Hey there, did you download the hotfix (0.2.1)? If yes, are you playing with any mods?

Thank you for your bug report.

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
Fine game, I enjoyed playing it so far.
Quick question : Is there a way to not answer Ryan's text message? It pisses off my man Imre and I'd like to keep on his good side.
Thank you so much.

Sorry, but going to the Ape's party is essential to the main storyline.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I want it to be possible to get pretty much all girls in one playthrough.
That is a shame dev. I was hoping this game would not go this pokeman route of gotta catch them all. It removes a critical element of human psychology (jealousy) and makes the game less realistic. If you can have them all then what is the point of choices, it will be just an illusion, a right or wrong choice, not wether you would like to take the left path and be interested in this person or the right path and be interested in another person. I am all for having multiple persons, but it should have consquence, like every action.

Jun 21, 2020
I think it would depend on how it's done. Some harem games are really badly executed and I think that's poisoned the genre for a lot of players. On the other hand, if it's casual college hookups and the girls never find out about each other then the consequence is the MC gets all of the tail and none of the drama, which is something I'm 100% on board with :cool:

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
That is a shame dev. I was hoping this game would not go this pokeman route of gotta catch them all. It removes a critical element of human psychology (jealousy) and makes the game less realistic. If you can have them all then what is the point of choices, it will be just an illusion, a right or wrong choice, not wether you would like to take the left path and be interested in this person or the right path and be interested in another person. I am all for having multiple persons, but it should have consquence, like every action.
Hey there,

Thank you so much for voicing your concerns.

Don't worry, there'll be consequences to every decision. My goal is to make it a possibility to get almost all girls in one playthrough. This possibility would require you to make all the necessary choices, charm the girls, convince the one's unsure about sharing and lying to those completely unwilling to share.

This will not be the only path, and it will be quite a challenge to pull it off.

I care very much about creating a realistic experience and having multiple girlfriends at the same time will require lying to some of them and being incredibly careful about your choices. That being said, most paths will not lead to this conclusion. This "harem"-like state won't be easy to achieve and will require you to play your cards right. As you said, every action has a consequence and that's my number one priority.

I hope this makes you a bit more hopeful about my approach to this game and clears some things up, if not, please let me know.

Take care,

- Undergrad Steve

Aug 29, 2020
So in the end, is it programmed to have a Harem ending (at least almost all the girls)? [Please say YES. ;D]
What are the chances of the Teacher and Julia joining the harem?

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
So in the end, is it programmed to have a Harem ending (at least almost all the girls)? [Please say YES. ;D]
What are the chances of the Teacher and Julia joining the harem?
Hey there,

To quote myself from another reply: "My goal is to make it a possibility to get almost all girls in one playthrough. This possibility would however require you to make all the right choices, charm the girls, convince the one's unsure about sharing and lying to those completely unwilling to share."

The teacher and Julia will both likely be possibilities. However, please keep in mind that this is only one of many possibilities.

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
The Fight with bindings (Q,W,R) is not working. Im on Linux OS... Help
Hey there,

Sadly I don't know much about Linux, can you change the bindings by any chance?

Otherwise you might have to simulate fights. Very sorry about that.

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes