Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
That is entirely possible, the dev might be holding back for a big reveal or just leaving it nebulous so we can all have our own headcannon for what went down. Not quite sure which one I'm hoping for at this point. xD
My take on the cheating issue is that the player seems to be forced to make a decision about forgiving Emily without knowing the details of the cheating. Also, peeking under the hood, it appears that not forgiving her right away has consequences. (It sets a flag for a possible interaction with another guy.)

Depending on exactly what happened, it might make sense for the MC to be willing look past it since he otherwise seems to be into the girl. However, making that decision blind could also destroy the game for a player who really isn't okay with the situation when we discover the details. Yes, I understand this is why we have multiple saves, but not everybody plays that way.

GMuns

Aug 13, 2020
My take on the cheating issue is that the player seems to be forced to make a decision about forgiving Emily without knowing the details of the cheating. Also, peeking under the hood, it appears that not forgiving her right away has consequences. (It sets a flag for a possible interaction with another guy.)

Depending on exactly what happened, it might make sense for the MC to be willing look past it since he otherwise seems to be into the girl. However, making that decision blind could also destroy the game for a player who really isn't okay with the situation when we discover the details. Yes, I understand this is why we have multiple saves, but not everybody plays that way.
Yes, a flashback would be cool when he meets her in college.

Reactions: UndergradSteve

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.2.1 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

• Red Heart
Reactions: UndergradSteve

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020

thats the problem i got i need to know the facts before i can decide to forgive or not because i wanna, she could be 1 of the best girls that fits well with the mc

Reactions: Glooskabe

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018

Exactly this! With no other information than the MC at this time believes she cheated on him there is nothing else to go by so the initial reaction will be to shut her down and move on. Which is exactly what I did, I prefer Penelope honestly, girl got an ASS on her! Lauren is now second, none of the others rate really as I am trying to stay in the Loyal/Confident zone and not have to fight.

Reactions: Glooskabe

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020

Hey there,

I appreciate your feedback.

I'll make that you get more than one opportunity to decide over Emily. Whilst this decision definitely has consequences, there will be options to change your opinion of her later on (good and bad) when learning more about your past.

Take care,

Undergrad Steve

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Hey there,

I appreciate your feedback.

I'll make that you get more than one opportunity to decide over Emily. Whilst this decision definitely has consequences, there will be options to change your opinion of her later on (good and bad) when learning more about your past.

Take care,

Undergrad Steve
I appreciate the response. Don't burn yourself out responding to every whiny entitled SOB around here though. (I'll lump myself with them btw! :coffee:)

I kinda figured there would be other opportunities with Emily. I just wanted to caution you that depending on what exactly you have planned for her complete arc (What did she do in the past and what are the consequences of being slow to forgive?), you may have burned her as a viable LI for some subsection of your playerbase. Not a huge deal from a player's POV, of course, since there are plenty of other options, but I've seen Dev's spend so much energy creating this detailed fleshed out character only to find out that she gets ignored because the bad first impression was too successful.

One way to make it easier to forgive her btw is to make her remorseful for what she did wrong. So far she seems pretty dismissive of MC's hurt feelings. Being drunk and going through a rough patch doesn't excuse cheating in pretty much anybody's POV.

Looking forward to future installments! Good luck! (y)

tikks

Aug 2, 2019
Does anyone know what this issue is? I'm at the tutorial fight scene and it won't let me pick an option. I get this message and if i ignore it a random (incorrect) option gets automatically chosen for me.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5658, in script
    call screen tomtut1
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 4369, in execute
    screen tomtut1:
    screen tomtut1:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 4374, in execute
    key w:
NameError: name 'w' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5658, in script
    call screen tomtut1
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\007wh_000\Documents\SG\college kings\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen tomtut1:
    screen tomtut1:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 4374, in execute
    key w:
  File "<screen language>", line 4374, in <module>
NameError: name 'w' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
College Kings 0.2.1
Mon Oct 19 22:15:16 2020

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
Does anyone know what this issue is? I'm at the tutorial fight scene and it won't let me pick an option. I get this message and if i ignore it a random (incorrect) option gets automatically chosen for me.
Hey there, thank you for your bug report.

When does this bug occur? Is it after trying to change the fighting keybindings?

heyyoo

Jun 1, 2018
holy fk, i got so many errors with the fighting scene, is it because i downloaded the WT mod?

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I agree with some folks here that we should know what happened with ex GF - if it's intended for us to know, if not, than to be cleared that we will not be told and we can imagine what we want. Since it's very important decision for many players to make, and decision is based on that info. Info which MC knows, ( everything mc knows, players should know, since we're making decisions for MC based on that info).
Me (and I believe many others) don't want to come into situation to "chase" her through many updates, just to find out that she did something disgusting and unforgivable (in presonal preferences terms) (which MC knew exactly what it was, just was hidden from players). Could spend that time chasing other girls. Than to need to start all over again, to ditch her on first opportunity, in order to restore options missed cause of chasing her path instead of other paths.
When it comes to girls MC just met, there I support mystery and such stuff. When you meet girl, it's not written on her forehead what she likes and what not. We should not know everything. Observe signs, deduct and conclude, than fire your shot.

UndergradSteve

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2020
holy fk, i got so many errors with the fighting scene, is it because i downloaded the WT mod?
Hey, sorry to hear that.

Could you give some more detail into what errors you're facing? I haven't actually bugtested with the WT mod.

Greywood

Dec 1, 2017
After trying to buy a costume with Penelope:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9995, in script
jump buyp2a
ScriptError: could not find label 'buyp2a'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9995, in script
jump buyp2a
File "C:\Users\Troy\Downloads\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\Troy\Downloads\CollegeKings-0.2.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'buyp2a'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
College Kings 0.2.1
Tue Oct 20 14:49:21 2020

Not possible to ignore this one, thus can't proceed further.

tikks

Aug 2, 2019
Hey there, thank you for your bug report.

When does this bug occur? Is it after trying to change the fighting keybindings?

No the key bindings are on the default settings, I do have the walkthrough mod installed though.

Edit: I have reloaded a 2nd copy of the game without the walkthrough mod and it is working fine. Your issue is definately to do with the mod.

Last edited:

solokoot

Feb 2, 2018
I just started playing it and it seems pretty cool. Reminds me alot of Being a DIK.. So def a must play. But as a Bulgarian I can only say one thing!!! Imre is not fucking Bulgarian name :D Never ever heard of fucking Imre... dafuq :D It sound a lot more arabic or something like that I dunno.. Bulgarians use cyrilic and have names similar to Russians.. Still cool to have a bulgarian character.. Wish I could put another name for him :D

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I just started playing it and it seems pretty cool. Reminds me alot of Being a DIK.. So def a must play. But as a Bulgarian I can only say one thing!!! Imre is not fucking Bulgarian name :D Never ever heard of fucking Imre... dafuq :D It sound a lot more arabic or something like that I dunno.. Bulgarians use cyrilic and have names similar to Russians.. Still cool to have a bulgarian character.. Wish I could put another name for him :D
It's quite common name amongst Hungarian people in my country, so I guess it's Hungarian name.

Mayonesa

Apr 2, 2020
So will this game be an harem? The MC having a relationship with many/most of the girls, not just fuck them, but them loving the MC and wanting to share him, or will it be a game where you can fuck with many one or two times but latter you will have to choose a girl or two at most to be with? Because reading the thread had me confused about the harem thing.

Just asking because one of the things that I like about games where there is harem, is that I can play all the content with the girls in one play, while if it doesn't have harem I will have to do multiple playthroughts to see all the content and it becomes boring/tedious and not that fun to play.

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes