EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
There are a number of branching/continuity issues like that, although that's the most obvious and jarring. I noticed a few smaller ones, like when joining the Apes and going out with Ryan to get his hair dyed in France when you come back you say you were out with Imre getting his tattoo, which only happens in the Wolves path.

Mar 5, 2020
She cheated on you once, plus if you take her to the homecoming dance she will fuck up your night and later in Europe will be a complete cunt to you, because she trusts little bitch boi Charli over you.
For some reason, I have my doubts about that. The way I see it, it is not Charli bitching on the MC she is listening to. We have never seen her with him, nor did he come to gloat about this. I would bet on the receptionist from the doctor's office at the beginning of the game

Reactions: Mr. Darke

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
For some reason, I have my doubts about that. The way I see it, it is not Charli bitching on the MC she is listening to. We have never seen her with him, nor did he come to gloat about this. I would bet on the receptionist from the doctor's office at the beginning of the game
This is what I thought at first but if u completely ignore her so she never even meets guy the scene still plays out the exact same

regardless, she's still on the LI list. IMO dev shouldn't even waste resources bringing her back, LIs in VNs never recover after storylines like these. Maya from BaD is still the least favored LI by quite a bit after her "betrayal" scene

just noticed the Cameron dude is the same model as the MC from BaD with an even shittier haircut

EPrometheus

May 30, 2020
Just on the Emily issue - I found it weird that I rejected her right from the start, ignored her, turned her down and generally treated her like shit....... only to have her come tell me we cant see each other any more as if we had been dating. WTF? kind of confusing and broke the flow of the narrative at that point for me. I guess without tons of programming you can't plan for every path. No big deal in the long run for me, just a little strange.
I agree with you. Anyway, let's wait for the next update to see what will happen to this harem... I expected more development with Emily, just from the background, anyway, let's find out what's going to happen...

EPrometheus

May 30, 2020
It's strange how she came to you and said she'd ignore you from then on, my theory is that it has connection with Charli or that friend of the MC who's part of the Ape's (I can't remember this guy's name, on my route he's not relevant)... Anyway, I just hope a bow focused on her as Nora and Lauren had, there's a lot to explain, especially that betrayal that served as the background to the story... And the most important thing about all this is that the developer promised me a Harem, without Emily this won't be complete, I just want what he promised me.

Reactions: sztrb

Excalibur

Jul 11, 2017
I tried the walkthrough on page 217 and it was amazing. I followed everything step by step, but I can't get the Lauren scene. After I go with Imre to get a tattoo; it goes to Riley yelling at me for stealing her picture; then to Lindsey wanting to workout; then to going to bed and the Aubrey waking me up to meet her sister. It skipped right over the Lauren scene completely. What did I do wrong?

TyrantBinch

May 28, 2021
Everything is messed up because of the new guy Charli. Dropped the game because it's pointless now. Sorry but I can't support your patreon anymore because of this BS.

Reactions: mofonistik

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
That's my brother... I've wasted my time testing all the possibilities with the girls, it doesn't change anything independent of your "character alignment", basically only reveals new scenes and dialogues, but in the end this is still a harem, every harem has a sultan, the sultan of this harem is the protagonist ... Emily kind of disappointing, no matter what you do, even if you turn the protagonist into an INCEL, she comes to you jealous, contradicting her arguments and tells you never to talk to her again.
View attachment 1367707
I think the game's writing has been going downhill for a while and the personality alignment it's poorly implemented. That being said Emily's reaction could make sense if she's buying Charli's lies, they don't have to be true.

Mr. Darke

Jan 17, 2020
I'm still leaning towards Charli, but this is an interesting theory and possible. It's like Charli could be a bit of a red herring on that front.

This is what I thought at first but if u completely ignore her so she never even meets guy the scene still plays out the exact same
Does she only go to see that doctor because of the MC or is it a situation where she goes regardless and the only question is whether we're there or not? I'm genuinely asking because I only did the Emily route once and I don't remember.

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Does she only go to see that doctor because of the MC or is it a situation where she goes regardless and the only question is whether we're there or not? I'm genuinely asking because I only did the Emily route once and I don't remember.
No way to answer that really, if you ignore her its like she basically doesnt exist in the storyline and you have no idea what shes doing. Hell even in her storyline you have no idea what she's doing. Im going to use occam's razor and assume that without an injured MC to take to the hospital the simplest explanation is that she has no reason to go there without him.

Everything is messed up because of the new guy Charli. Dropped the game because it's pointless now. Sorry but I can't support your patreon anymore because of this BS.
My issue with Charli is that he's an extremely poor character ham-fisted into the story to create a sense of conflict. This dude comes completely out of nowhere with the sole intention of ruining your relationships and tarnishing your rep without rhyme or reason.

This compounds on other issues I have with the game. I fail to even see where the Hero's Journey is in this story. Is this supposed to be about MC becoming Fight King? Is the entire VN a slice of life without a clear objective? The dev can clearly produce content but guy either needs to attend some writing workshops or commission someone else to write the story. The story is all over the place and lacks any sense of direction imo.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Lord Soth

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
My take on Charli initially was that he was a plant (kind of convenient that he is off-campus), hired by Mr Rose to get back at the MC for interfering with his breakup with Lorraine. But that only makes sense in the Wolves route, and even then really only if you pursue Lorraine. But he does show up in the corridor after Penelope's hearing for seemingly no other reason than blatant foreshadowing.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
gamingdevil800 I might have found a mistake in your pdf guide...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I had to update the guide as the developers totally removed the Lauren sex scene in Act 3 for those who are seeking "friends with benefits". You only seem to get the scene now if you're Lauren's BF and didn't sleep with Aubrey on the Plane. I assume we'll get a different scene later on for those who are more friends with Lauren though.
Also I chose the kiss option as I was trying to avoid things getting too serious too fast as if Lauren is too serious about your relationship then she'll be angry when she catches you having sex on the plane.

Reactions: Potoum

novopip

Aug 23, 2021
I tried the walkthrough on page 217 and it was amazing. I followed everything step by step, but I can't get the Lauren scene. After I go with Imre to get a tattoo; it goes to Riley yelling at me for stealing her picture; then to Lindsey wanting to workout; then to going to bed and the Aubrey waking me up to meet her sister. It skipped right over the Lauren scene completely. What did I do wrong?
I haven't really used the walkthrough, but if you were following the guide written for version 12.0.2 and you're playing 12.1.1, your mistake was probably hooking up with Aubrey on the plane. As of 12.1.1, the Paris date with Lauren doesn't trigger if you followed Aubrey.

If you want to see the date scene, open a previous save before following Aubrey to the bathroom, then play as normal. I.e. Lauren doesn't necessarily have to be your girlfriend.

Alternatively, if you're already in the scene where Riley is yelling at you, you can tell the game that you didn't hook up with Aubrey by using the console. Open the console with Shift+O and type the following command:

Python:
v11_aubrey_sex = False
If that went right, the date scene should start after Riley's yelling.

Reactions: Excalibur

novopip

Aug 23, 2021
I had to update the guide as the developers totally removed the Lauren sex scene in Act 3 for those who are seeking "friends with benefits". You only seem to get the scene now if you're Lauren's BF and didn't sleep with Aubrey on the Plane. I assume we'll get a different scene later on for those who are more friends with Lauren though.
It's not mandatory to focus solely on Lauren for the scene to trigger. As of 12.1.1 update, the key is not hooking up with Aubrey on the plane. There are still two options for triggering the scene:
  1. MC is in relationship with Lauren (variable laurenrs should equal True) AND didn't have sex with Aubrey on the plane (v11_aubrey_sex should equal False)
  2. MC kissed Lauren in the very beginning of the game in the park (v1_kissLauren should equal True) AND again didn't have sex on the plane.

I don't think there ever will be any new scene for "friend with benefits". I think locking the scene out from those who hooked up with Aubrey was an unintentional consequence of fixing some dialogue inconsistencies that reusing a variable laurenmad from Act 1 in Act 3 caused.

After the flight, if MC is not in relationship with Lauren, but she caught MC and Aubrey on the plane, and Lauren was kissed in the Act 1 either a) in the park, b) during the movie date or c) on the beach, she will say she "was hoping maybe we could explore some things... together". Notably she says that even if MC answered that he would later like to officially date Aubrey.

Now, if we skip to Paris, only the park kiss will count towards triggering the date scene. This can only be explained by programming error or poor writing.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
It's not mandatory to focus solely on Lauren for the scene to trigger. As of 12.1.1 update, the key is not hooking up with Aubrey on the plane. There are still two options for triggering the scene:
  1. MC is in relationship with Lauren (variable laurenrs should equal True) AND didn't have sex with Aubrey on the plane (v11_aubrey_sex should equal False)
  2. MC kissed Lauren in the very beginning of the game in the park (v1_kissLauren should equal True) AND again didn't have sex on the plane.

I don't think there ever will be any new scene for "friend with benefits". I think locking the scene out from those who hooked up with Aubrey was an unintentional consequence of fixing some dialogue inconsistencies that reusing a variable laurenmad from Act 1 in Act 3 caused.

After the flight, if MC is not in relationship with Lauren, but she caught MC and Aubrey on the plane, and Lauren was kissed in the Act 1 either a) in the park, b) during the movie date or c) on the beach, she will say she "was hoping maybe we could explore some things... together". Notably she says that even if MC answered that he would later like to officially date Aubrey.

Now, if we skip to Paris, only the park kiss will count towards triggering the date scene. This can only be explained by programming error or poor writing.
Thanks for the extra info, I've updated the guide now and added a short description on (miss able scenes) on the first page. Didn't expect them developers to completely change a scene after releasing the episode!

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes