Mr. Darke

Jan 17, 2020
is there any way to date Emily in the game or u can't?
I'm not sure what you mean by date her and I'm no expert on her as I only pursued her once, but so far, you don't seem able to maintain a relationship with her. You can still have sex with her though.

tonydurrant

Sep 17, 2019
Why won't any one reply back to my Answer about Emily ?
Well, I'm on my first play through, and I am following the walkthrough for my first run, and I have had sex with Emily several times. Maybe you could take a look at the walkthrough? I have a feeling that splitting up from her right at the start might be a key event...

Gerson876

Jun 26, 2020
Does anyone get an error after the conversation with lindsey in london, the next scene goes back to the college fest.?

May 24, 2020
Which is ironic since this game its pretty much a dating sim since the story its barely passable... and yet struggles to do the most basic thing.
Let's be honest, the game and Steves's team don't do one thing particularly well. The renders are nice but poorly optimized leading to a file size bigger than some AA games. The relationship/choice tracing system is garbage. The story is non-existent other than "Boy goes to college and sees lots of pretty women". It has reached a point where the updates are mostly directionless, the game is a bug, and the dev doesn't even take the time to engage with the community.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Let's be honest, the game and Steves's team don't do one thing particularly well. The renders are nice but poorly optimized leading to a file size bigger than some AA games. The relationship/choice tracing system is garbage. The story is non-existent other than "Boy goes to college and sees lots of pretty women". It has reached a point where the updates are mostly directionless, the game is a bug, and the dev doesn't even take the time to engage with the community.
You wont see me argue with the fact CK is pretty much shovelware at this point. Up until the homecoming event it was somewhat of a poor man's (game that cant be name for some reason), but at least it did seem like it was trying its own thing with the fighting frats and the combat system at least, despite even that being inspired "somewhere else". Everything after that is a mess, the plot went to the toilet, the relationships are all over the place and all it takes is the right alignment, the bugs continue and the fighting system saw exactly 0 improvements. Actually, nothing got improved over the course of 4 or 5 updates... even the renders are becoming ever more lazy with clipping and random clothes changing on the same scenes. Steve at this point only cares about shoving more updates out the door since he got enough patrons not to care about the quality of the product... which makes me sad because he only started this project barely a year ago and much better devs that do this for years, with much more effort and quality, and dont get 1/3 of his patrons.

Jun 14, 2021
How to end the Murderer game? I have killed everybody (I think), and the only one that remains is Mr Lee himself.

There are four rooms I cannot reach though, Balcony, Front Galleria, Utility and Hallway. But is it even possible to get there?

Thanks!
I just finished it, and I wondered the same question. Are you sure you have killed everyone? If my memory works, there should be 13 people you need to kill (except for Mr Lee). After you've done all 13 of them, come back to Mr Lee, and that should end the free roam event (aka the murderer event). I didn't notice someone's watching when I tried to kill Nora, and I had to go back to make Aubrey go away before killing Nora.

Jun 14, 2021
It might not require 100% devotion. I just figured it would because that's what I had to do to get Chloe. Steve isn't the best at relationship tracking.
That's why there are mods and walkthroughs to make it much easier. I wish there's something like a relationship interface to show the points accumulated over time between MC and each character.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Just got done with my first walkthrough playthrough. Still kinda formulating my thoughts on it and will probably do at least one more playthrough before I do a review. I will say that although it has some problems it was a very entertaining game, at least by playing the path of the walkthrough. Im not sure it deserves the static it gets in this thread. There are much, much worse games in this particular genre.

Reactions: PanchoPistolas33

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
The main plot is pretty underwhelming, and the sudden detour to Europe in the middle of a US college student's first semester doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense. But the characters save it. There is a lot to like in that at least.

Reactions: znar25

JustJane

Jun 13, 2021
I would marry Aubrey, or Penelope maybe Samantha
fuck Amber, Chloe, Emily, Lindsey, Nora or Ms. Rose
and kill Autumn, Lauren and mostly Riley and Charly :)

• Haha
Reactions: V_Ford

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
The two most bizarre relationships in the entire game are with Emily and Josh, and I don't think that is a coincidence. Other posters have floated this, but I wanted to unpack it a little.

There are many indications that Emily is struggling with severe substance abuse issues. She demonstrates many obsessive and addictive behaviors. Her relationship with MC is not the only one that is suffering as a result. Her friends are embarrassed to be seen with her, cutting her out of pictures on social media. If you invite her to the homecoming dance she completely self-destructs, and if you don't then you find her crumpled on the steps next to two other characters who are high as a kite. The second time you hook up with her, if you choose to do so, her entire demeanor screams that she is using. She turns her mud wrestling match with Aubrey into a coked-out brawl, actually hurting her. When she ultimately and inevitably breaks things off with MC she does it like a drug deal, meeting him on a park bench in the middle of the night. The guy she cheated with pre-game plied her with alcohol and perhaps drugs to get her to do so, and since the break up it seems that she has continued using to cope with it. Her behavior during the Eurotrip is extremely sad. She doesn't participate in activities and the few times you speak to her she is either laconic or completely incoherent. It is likely that she is spending most if not all of the trip holed up with Josh doing drugs.

Josh is a Russian nesting doll of suspicious behaviors. His signature move for getting with girls is plying them with alcohol and drugs. He is perhaps the only character in the game that actively tries to get you killed, dragging you to a drug deal and pissing off the buyers. Putting that aside he also only prominently appears at the homecoming dance when Emily is your date, and he also doesn't seem that happy about it. He works really hard to hook you up with Aubrey and Amber, basically throwing them at your crotch vagina-first. Not to say anything bad about either lady, but they are pretty easy and indiscreet. At the first frat party he chats up Aubrey the whole night and at the second frat party Emily is chatting with her all night. It is a reasonable assumption that he made this introduction, hoping that Aubrey would let something slip because of her total lack of shame. Right after Emily breaks up with you he drags you to a bar to hook you up with a barfly and then disappears. In fact, he is always disappearing. For some reason, he goes on the Europe trip and is as suspiciously absent from activities as Emily is. Josh may not be a master of manipulation, but he does seem particularly invested in keeping Emily and MC apart.

My take is that Emily doesn't want to break up with the MC. She is completely miserable about it, but - as her supplier - Josh threatened to cut her off if she didn't, and when you are in that deep your dealer is basically the only friend you have left. Maybe Josh loves Emily, but more likely they both just love drugs. Emily's story is perhaps the saddest in the game, and that's why so many players are unsatisfied with it. But all indications are that her story is going to get worse before it gets better. She may have not hit rock bottom yet, but she is headed there pretty quickly.

I'm probably missing even more connections that link Josh to Emily's puzzling story arc, and it is also possible that he has his fingers in a couple of other pies. While the MC is worrying about Charli undermining his relationships Josh may have been doing it much longer. One thing is for certain and that is that Josh is a shitty friend. Emily is a pretty shitty girlfriend as well. They probably deserve each other. Your mileage may vary.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Just got done with my first walkthrough playthrough. Still kinda formulating my thoughts on it and will probably do at least one more playthrough before I do a review. I will say that although it has some problems it was a very entertaining game, at least by playing the path of the walkthrough. Im not sure it deserves the static it gets in this thread. There are much, much worse games in this particular genre.
Playing with the WT kind goes against the point of the game, technically speaking, since its supposed to be played blindly. Now if you're playing blindy, there's a lot more chances for you to see why this game is so shat on, since its very unlikely you to land exactly where you want to. But even without that you cant deny there's a shit load of bugs, the story is poor, the scenes are lazy, the other gameplay mechanics such as the phone or combat are straight up broken. The only thing saving CK from the trash bin is the first updates where the game was trying to copy [redacted] but was somewhat good, even if you cant compare the quality of both of those. After hoco, the game is pretty much just shovelware

Reactions: rftbruce

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Playing with the WT kind goes against the point of the game, technically speaking, since its supposed to be played blindly. Now if you're playing blindy, there's a lot more chances for you to see why this game is so shat on, since its very unlikely you to land exactly where you want to. But even without that you cant deny there's a shit load of bugs, the story is poor, the scenes are lazy, the other gameplay mechanics such as the phone or combat are straight up broken. The only thing saving CK from the trash bin is the first updates where the game was trying to copy [redacted] but was somewhat good, even if you cant compare the quality of both of those. After hoco, the game is pretty much just shovelware
I get where you are coming from when it comes to walkthroughs, and I would agree if the game were complete. However, I often do a first playthrough of incomplete games with a walkthrough to avoid truncated or incomplete content. It is just my methodology. To be honest, most games don't merit a second playthrough so it is best not to waste time. In some cases I will just glance through a walkthrough beforehand and not use it again during play but in this case, the variables were so specific that the walkthrough was needed as a reference to unlock the content. It is unfair to judge an incomplete game by the same standards as a complete one. There are going to be glitches and bugs, broken parts. Some branches of a story may dead-end as they are undeveloped and thus you may lose out on the content you should be considering when writing a review. I will say that I don't feel the same way that you do about the eurotrip section of the game. But then again I have yet to reach it in my second playthrough. At this time I am reserving judgment.

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes