GameBoyy000

Jun 16, 2020
Please help me with this issue. Trying to run this on my mac.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive compat/after_load.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/Users/username/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "/Users/username/renpy/main.py", line 490, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "/Users/username/renpy/script.py", line 297, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "/Users/username/renpy/script.py", line 720, in load_appropriate_file
    raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))
Exception: Could not load from archive compat/after_load.rpyc.
This happens when I try to program using renpy. Happens for both Act 1 and Act 2
CollegeKings.app doesn't start at all. I tried using the permission fixer in one of the comments here. I also used a different archive utility to extract but neither of these work. If anyone else encountered this issue, please let me know how to fix it.

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
Is it suppose only to work with ACT I?
I have error message when I tried to access the gallery after putting your file in my game folder :(
Try to use that Steam unlocker thing because on top of the gallery unlock button it also bring the path builder up to episode 3. Much more useful honestly since the game is so buggy and you might want to skip some parts with that builder option.

GuessWho1211

Jun 19, 2023
May I ask how you did it, friend? Coz I can't get it to work, on the verge of uninstalling it and wait for the next update to release
:(
Yea, I got you. I'm gonna give a full rundown, just in case if anyone else needs it. First, you have to download the API steam replacer thing that I quoted in my first comment, you can find it on this page. Don't mind the weird ass name, I just left it as it is cuz I don't really care, but you can change it if you want to. Screenshot (29).png

Next you have to extract the file, which is pretty simple. All you have to do is click on it and there should be an option to extract it at the top-middle of your screen. Screenshot (30).png

Just follow the steps to extract it and you'll get a file that's not compressed(just make sure it's not compressed, it will tell you if it is under "type" like in the image above.

I moved the extracted folder itself to the college kings folder, don't know if you NEED to do that, but I did.

Click on the folder you just extracted (the "updated lib for 3.1.8" just to make sure we're on the same page) Then click on the "lib option" (don't double click it just make sure it's highlighted). Then copy it. Screenshot (31).png

Once copied, back out to the main college kings 2 folder and you'll see the main "lib" folder. Click on it (just highlight it) and go to the paste option and this should pop up. It might not look the exact same since I already did it, but as long as it's there you're on the right track.

Screenshot (32).png

Then just clip on "replace the files in the destination" and you should be all set brother! Load up your last save file and it should automatically continue on with the story. I hope you're using Windows, cuz I don't know how to do it through mac and shit. Let me know if it doesn't work for some reason.

Aug 26, 2022
Yea, I got you. I'm gonna give a full rundown, just in case if anyone else needs it. First, you have to download the API steam replacer thing that I quoted in my first comment, you can find it on this page. Don't mind the weird ass name, I just left it as it is cuz I don't really care, but you can change it if you want to. View attachment 2709981

Next you have to extract the file, which is pretty simple. All you have to do is click on it and there should be an option to extract it at the top-middle of your screen. View attachment 2709985

Just follow the steps to extract it and you'll get a file that's not compressed(just make sure it's not compressed, it will tell you if it is under "type" like in the image above.

I moved the extracted folder itself to the college kings folder, don't know if you NEED to do that, but I did.

Click on the folder you just extracted (the "updated lib for 3.1.8" just to make sure we're on the same page) Then click on the "lib option" (don't double click it just make sure it's highlighted). Then copy it. View attachment 2709990

Once copied, back out to the main college kings 2 folder and you'll see the main "lib" folder. Click on it (just highlight it) and go to the paste option and this should pop up. It might not look the exact same since I already did it, but as long as it's there you're on the right track.

View attachment 2710001

Then just clip on "replace the files in the destination" and you should be all set brother! Load up your last save file and it should automatically continue on with the story. I hope you're using Windows, cuz I don't know how to do it through mac and shit. Let me know if it doesn't work for some reason.
Worked like a charm, appreciate it friend!

Reactions: GuessWho1211

Molniano

May 20, 2017
Updated
Steam Api Replacer.
Download:

View attachment 2668287
I recommend deleting the game saves that were created with the mod installed. They will probably not be compatible which is due to changes in the files. If they work then you can keep them but I don't know what effect it will have in the future.

You can force the start of a new Episode through the in-game console.

Open the console.
Use Left Shift + O to open the console.
Enter the jump v4start command to start Episode 2.

Open the console.
Use Left Shift + O to open the console.
Enter the jump ep3_start command to start Episode 3.
When I use the jump ep3_start command, the games starts that i'm with the Apes, even when i chose the Wolves.
How can i start the Wolves path?

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes