JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
Can someone point me to the decoder ring that tells what Episode 2 actually means? They started off with 0.1-0.6. They called it Act I, II, and III with various version numbers. They called some version of the game "Season" on Steam. This is the first time I've seen "Episode" used and I really don't know what it means.

wasdwasdwasd57

Feb 22, 2018
sorry if it sounds dumb, but what order do i download this in. do i go from act 1 to act 2 to episode 2 rework? or do i do episode 1 first then the next three.

Aratorn

Sep 8, 2017
sorry if it sounds dumb, but what order do i download this in. do i go from act 1 to act 2 to episode 2 rework? or do i do episode 1 first then the next three.
From my understanding, the game is divided in acts which are divided in episodes.
We seem to be at episode 3 of act 3 so think of it as version 3.3. This new rework is for episode 2 of act 3 so the 3.2 update.

It seems that it would be best to download the rework (which includes 3.3) and play back from the start of episode 2 (3.2) because there have been significant changes to the variables in code and to the story if I got it right.

Hope that helps.

Edit: My bad, it's actually episode 2 of act 2 apparently. Meaning 2.2 instead of 3.2 in the model I described.

Last edited:

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Do I have to download Act II or is it included in this Episode 2 rework?
Can someone point me to the decoder ring that tells what Episode 2 actually means? They started off with 0.1-0.6. They called it Act I, II, and III with various version numbers. They called some version of the game "Season" on Steam. This is the first time I've seen "Episode" used and I really don't know what it means.
Act I (version 1.3.17) has the first part of the story and is technically considered complete.
Act II (version 3.2.2) continues the story and has currently three (3) episodes of which the second one was now reworked.

That being said, 3.2.2 contains all three episodes from Act II.

But in true CK fashion, the game's main menu lists the version as 3.2.1, lol.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2016
I don't think it is supposed to end when Grayson beat Chris, the principle comes and call an ambulance?

Seems like from my saves that was where the latest update ended as well.

JNolan92

Nov 2, 2021
Can someone explain how to install this update? Do I just copy and paste the contents in the folder into my College Kings 2 folder and it will overwrite stuff? I've never downloaded and installed updates for games on here before, I've just downloaded the latest releases.

Ghosty99

Jul 23, 2021
I got an error when I click on the messenger in the phone at the start :(

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 5, in execute
File "game/phone/phone_screens.rpy", line 14, in execute
File "game/phone/phone_screens.rpy", line 31, in execute
File "game/phone/phone_screens.rpy", line 37, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 6, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 10, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 16, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 21, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 22, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 26, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 26, in <module>
AttributeError: Riley has no profile pictures.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "compat/load_failed.rpyc", line 200, in script call
File "ep2/scene1.rpyc", line 96, in script
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\exports.py", line 3347, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
self.update()
File "F:\Games\Visual Novel Games\Anticipated Novels\College Kings 2\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/phone/phone_screens.rpy", line 31, in execute
File "game/phone/phone_screens.rpy", line 37, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 6, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 10, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 16, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 21, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 22, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 26, in execute
File "game/phone/messenger/messenger_home_screen.rpy", line 26, in <module>
File "game/characters/NonPlayableCharacter_ren.py", line 52, in profile_picture
AttributeError: Riley has no profile pictures.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
College Kings 2 3.2.1
Mon Sep 25 23:46:44 2023

I loaded a save from Episode 3 :(

Last edited:
Reactions: JimLevins

Maximilian87

Sep 8, 2022
im completely lost, there are 2 diff links posted, 1 who is just "collegekings2-pc" and the other is on the main page? wich one is what? rework pre-rework?, and what does this update actually did before i waste time?

• Angry
Reactions: Kekekerkek
3.20 star(s) 191 Votes