CapnBlaze

Jul 28, 2018
just asked for and got Janes phone number while in the gym. It switched to a dialogue and pic about how we finished watching the movie and then went back to normal.

upload_2018-10-26_3-57-34.png

Reactions: MikeMasters

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
@MikeMasters Have you considered releasing Updates as some sort of Updating Patches? Containing only modified files and added new files, not the whole game? Difference of size between v0.1.8. and v0.1.9. is only hair over 25MBs but Archive is 1000MBs+ (=1GBs+) in both versions. Not that size is problem for me but it seems to be to a lot of people...
I was doing it a year ago, when the game was due to uncompressed images almost 2GB big. I said to myself I'll return to this practise after we'll get back to 1GB, which is now.
I'm kind of lazy about it, because I hate hand picking every file. So I'll probably pack all the game files and remove all the images except the new ones.
This occurred after saving. Was Sat morning 9am. I was in the menu to talk to Kara and there were a bunch of new topics.

View attachment 168114
I know what it is. Whenever you select "Talk to her" and then save the game, this bug appears. It's caused by incompatibility between two plugins and I'm unable to find a fix for it right now. I'm thinking about disabling saving in that moment and creating a autosave right before it, so you'll be able to avoid this bug.
Another bug - Kara is missing. Pic says she is library but she's not there. This occurred just after I visited her room for the first time and hugged her.
View attachment 168109
She is in her room for the rest of the day. I'll check, why the HUD doesn't recognize that.

Boomerang

Feb 13, 2018
Hey, I like the game, but when you try to sleep through the drunk jane event, her collapse picture remains on screen indefinitely with no way to remove it. ^^;; Otherwise, a nice game.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
@MikeMasters Nice update. Moved one of my number 1 girls forward. I am only missing one achievement. The one where you spend some time at the fountain with Joan. I know why but it's too far back to try for it again. Is there any way to make it repeatable? Not a big deal but would nice if there was a way.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
nah - Joan is a little fun but also a little bit of a bitch. Kara is the best! Cute, sweet, innocent.
I have to side with Nmas on this, but only in that Joan is better than Kara. Jane is still the best though - not only because Jane is so much hotter physically, but also mentally and emotionally. Kara just comes across as someone without having experienced, or even tried, enough things to even have an idea of who she is yet. Everything Kara does is simply copying others or following expectations and buckling to pressure. She reads erotica because her grandma did. She gets physical because you want it ... it's like there's no actual personality of her own in there.

Jane's been through tough experiences and not just survived them but kicked their asses, whether it was weight issues, or dealing with those events in the library. Jane's such a vivid, fleshed out character, with so much humour and personality that she's by far my favourite character in this game, and honestly rivals any other - including those in Acting Lessons.

Then there's the lovely Jess, of course. Jess again has those little sparks of humour and sass in her conversation that Kara doesn't have. She has her personality indicating quirks, like running barefoot for the bus, and not immediately giving herself up the first time she sees the hypnotic dick of an MC, but instead insisting on proper dates and actually getting to know the person. Again, a genuine sense of depth and personality (although the need to repeat so many scenes to grind the massage stats, or work the clients, does take the sparkle off).

Reactions: WK and MikeMasters

CapnBlaze

Jul 28, 2018
I said Joan bit I meant Jane. I kind of like Joan.

Re-reading this it makes me sound like I'm trolling but honestly I'm not. Just got the names messed up.

On another note, I am not sure if I should do the tour w Joan when the other girls are around or not. I don't want to screw up the relationships bit there are scenes that may be of interest. Any thoughts/advice?

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I have to side with Nmas on this, but only in that Joan is better than Kara. Jane is still the best though - not only because Jane is so much hotter physically, but also mentally and emotionally. Kara just comes across as someone without having experienced, or even tried, enough things to even have an idea of who she is yet. Everything Kara does is simply copying others or following expectations and buckling to pressure. She reads erotica because her grandma did. She gets physical because you want it ... it's like there's no actual personality of her own in there.

Jane's been through tough experiences and not just survived them but kicked their asses, whether it was weight issues, or dealing with those events in the library. Jane's such a vivid, fleshed out character, with so much humour and personality that she's by far my favourite character in this game, and honestly rivals any other - including those in Acting Lessons.

Then there's the lovely Jess, of course. Jess again has those little sparks of humour and sass in her conversation that Kara doesn't have. She has her personality indicating quirks, like running barefoot for the bus, and not immediately giving herself up the first time she sees the hypnotic dick of an MC, but instead insisting on proper dates and actually getting to know the person. Again, a genuine sense of depth and personality (although the need to repeat so many scenes to grind the massage stats, or work the clients, does take the sparkle off).
When somebody like you write something so thorough and deep about my game, it makes my eyes all wet. I love reading these kind of messages. It makes me proud of what I'm doing.
And when you compare my game to an awesome game like Acting Lessons, I feel I have to work THAT much harder, because there's no way my work can be compared to that game.
Anyway, thank you for this character analysis. I'm glad my senseless writing have got under your skin :-D

CapnBlaze

Jul 28, 2018
When somebody like you write something so thorough and deep about my game, it makes my eyes all wet. I love reading these kind of messages. It makes me proud of what I'm doing.
And when you compare my game to an awesome game like Acting Lessons, I feel I have to work THAT much harder, because there's no way my work can be compared to that game.
Anyway, thank you for this character analysis. I'm glad my senseless writing have got under your skin :-D
Credit where it is due. Your writing is definitely excellent. The characters feel like they have actual personalities and are to varying degrees relatable and believable. While there is still a lot of polish to be done (not just the bugs), this is a super game so far.

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Credit where it is due. Your writing is definitely excellent. The characters feel like they have actual personalities and are to varying degrees relatable and believable. While there is still a lot of polish to be done (not just the bugs), this is a super game so far.
Thank you. I've given likes to the bugs you've posted that I was able to fix. The others, I don't know what the cause is. Unless somebody else can report it with some additional info, I won't be able to fix it for now.
Maybe if I encounter them during my playthroughs I'll be able to pinpoint them down and then hopefully fix them.

Reactions: CapnBlaze

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Mike, you do the really important thing for characterization really well and that thing is "Show, don't tell".

Poor writers rely heavily on those terrible 'inner monologues' to tell us what the MC is supposed to be noticing about a person. Good writers use the scenes themselves, the situations and reaction to those situations to show it instead. You put a lot more attention than most into expressions and posture, and believe me when I say it is worth it, because it really is notable. So much of Jessica's personality is communicated to us first-hand, visually. I already mentioned her barefoot run for the bus that gives us a sense she's individual, non-conformist, and free. Her dialogue, posture, and facial expressions during the Golden Hands quest also give her a ton of personality and charm. Seriously, it is well observed, and great attention to detail.

(Still doesn't stop me loving Jane even more though)

And on the topic of Jane, she's a really, really great character. I'm not kidding you (or being overly flattering) when I say that you've managed to make, somehow, in one character, someone who's an amazing love interest, yet who also has some of the best buddy elements of Liam in Acting Lessons. I'd love to see that have some way to develop further with her and the MC getting into some fun scrapes or pranks perhaps.

Got to tell you though, I am really wanting to know more about Kara's roommate, and what has happened to make her as she is (especially as she is in a certain dark alley). You just know there's going to be a story there, and I just can never resist wanting to help the wounded ones. :D

Reactions: fugazi666

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
@MikeMasters Nice update. Moved one of my number 1 girls forward. I am only missing one achievement. The one where you spend some time at the fountain with Joan. I know why but it's too far back to try for it again. Is there any way to make it repeatable? Not a big deal but would nice if there was a way.
Sorry. It was part of the Joan's tour around the Campus, so I won't add it as separate event, at least not for the achievement bit. I might change my mind, if think of an interesting scene there. Nothing awesome happened there anyway, so it's not really that important to finish.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
@MikeMasters i have a question.I have found the guide for the version 0.1.9 on a other side but i´m not sure if this is your guide.On top is written "Guide for College Life v0.1.9a by MikeMasters" but this version is not released.And there is written 6.Jane’s events [updated) and 7. Joan’s events (updated).This pdf has 61 sites.And my question is is this the right guide from you?

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
@MikeMasters i have a question.I have found the guide for the version 0.1.9 on a other side but i´m not sure if this is your guide.On top is written "Guide for College Life v0.1.9a by MikeMasters" but this version is not released.And there is written 6.Jane’s events [updated) and 7. Joan’s events (updated).This pdf has 61 sites.And my question is is this the right guide from you?
To bad you haven't found it on my patreon page ;-) but yeah, it's from me. I'm hasty sometimes and I've forgotten to erase some letters and words.

CapnBlaze

Jul 28, 2018
question - when giving Joan a tour, are there consequences for her meeting Jane and/or Kara? As in would it be better for relationships if they don't meet?

also a request. Could you add an option to turn off the random meetings? Especially in the library? The are fun at first but get annoying quickly after the same things keep showing up repeatedly. Especially if the images don't really fit in with what you find attractive.

Reactions: DirkP

MikeMasters

Professional Amateur
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
question - when giving Joan a tour, are there consequences for her meeting Jane and/or Kara? As in would it be better for relationships if they don't meet?

also a request. Could you add an option to turn off the random meetings? Especially in the library? The are fun at first but get annoying quickly after the same things keep showing up repeatedly. Especially if the images don't really fit in with what you find attractive.
No consequences what so ever :)
I'm thinking about the ramdom encounters for some time. I'll probably move the triggers to less frequently stepped on tiles, if I can say it like this.

Reactions: DirkP and CapnBlaze
3.60 star(s) 26 Votes